Kevin Clash on Oprah

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Well, he wouldn't go completely lifeless, like droopy and little "X"'s for eyes, but he would just stare into space, and almost look like he was concentrating. And, if I remember, Elmo doesn't really have the attention span to concentrate that long. :wink:

Marky

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
XD! I never got to see it, so I'm hoping some channel replays it, or that I can find the clip on YouTube or something. Cause that would be a little weird. Even when I'm speaking to somebody I never let the puppet go lifeless.
Maybe Clifford shoulda come out and b-slapped the l'il red clot.

(I know Elmo bahing is old. Least I'm trying to be creative about it!)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. That's another thing. They should have discussed some of his other puppets such as Clifford and Hoots the Owl.

Marky

Reaction score
There ARE no other Muppets. Anywhere. Ever.

btw, love you sig!:sing:

Daffyfan2003 said:
Yeah. That's another thing. They should have discussed some of his other puppets such as Clifford and Hoots the Owl.

wes

Reaction score
I felt like they sort of shoved him on and gave him a couple seconds to say something.

Elmo Really sound differnet when you watch kevin do him!

I found some thing on Oprah Site:
Kevin says he became the voice of Elmo after another Muppeteer turned down the opportunity. "He didn't like it," Kevin says. "It was too cutesy for him."
is he talking about Richard Hunt didn't he start Elmo, and you did't hear this on the show but was on the site.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Yeah, he was talking about Richard Hunt. I don't know why the interviewer didn't say his name, though. But yeah, Hunt started Elmo, but, if I remember, thought that since he usually does weird crazy characters, that he didn't really identify with Elmo.

Marky

Reaction score
MeepBorkMeep said:
Yeah, he was talking about Richard Hunt. I don't know why the interviewer didn't say his name, though. But yeah, Hunt started Elmo, but, if I remember, thought that since he usually does weird crazy characters, that he didn't really identify with Elmo.
That's because Richard Hunt was a talent. Not a hack.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ouch some harsh words there marty come on now you really cant put kevin anywhere near Richard as far as talent, but he has a specal talent in his own right. his best work will always be in MTI i think as far as piroer to Jim's death that will be the best muppet movie ever. all the perfromeces where just wonderfull human or muppet. i think they should do another MTI typ movie mabey a muppets pirates of the carrabian movie lol.

Marky

Reaction score
No, no. I know he's a talent. Obvioulsy, otherwise Jim Henson wouldn't have hired him in the first place. I just really, really don't like his work. It's kind of like music. There's talent and sub-par slop in every genre. But every genre is not my taste. What KC does, while I admit he does well, just 'ain't my thang'.

Clifford (shudder, shudder)...

dwayne1115 said:
Ouch some harsh words there marty come on now you really cant put kevin anywhere near Richard as far as talent, but he has a specal talent in his own right. his best work will always be in MTI i think as far as piroer to Jim's death that will be the best muppet movie ever. all the perfromeces where just wonderfull human or muppet. i think they should do another MTI typ movie mabey a muppets pirates of the carrabian movie lol.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It makes sense that Richard Hunt wouldn't want Elmo for that reason, heh.

This topic reminds me of a DVD I found recently "Sesame Street Play Along Games and Songs." Basically it's an Sesame Segment from the 1980s where Big Bird, Elmo and Forgetful Jones play games and try to remember them afterward (and of course Forgetful isn't too good at that part!) Forgetful Jones and Elmo (Richard and Kevin, of course) actually work very well together. I definitely think Elmo was a good character before the whole "Elmo's World" thing.

It's a great DVD, classic Sesame Street. You can see how they use the characters to teach the viewing audience. Forgetful Jones forgets really obvious things but the kids watching remember them and that's helpful in development. It's also nice because it's one of very few Sesame Street DVDs that lists Richard Hunt as a muppet performer. Most of the other DVDs out now are more recent.