1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Kevin Clash on Oprah

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by rowlf84, Feb 16, 2006.

1. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

Well, he wouldn't go completely lifeless, like droopy and little "X"'s for eyes, but he would just stare into space, and almost look like he was concentrating. And, if I remember, Elmo doesn't really have the attention span to concentrate that long. ;)
  2. Marky

Marky Member

Maybe Clifford shoulda come out and b-slapped the l'il red clot.

(I know Elmo bahing is old. Least I'm trying to be creative about it!)
  3. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Yeah. That's another thing. They should have discussed some of his other puppets such as Clifford and Hoots the Owl.
  4. Marky

Marky Member

There ARE no other Muppets. Anywhere. Ever.

btw, love you sig!:sing:

5. wes

wes Active Member

I felt like they sort of shoved him on and gave him a couple seconds to say something.

Elmo Really sound differnet when you watch kevin do him!

I found some thing on Oprah Site:
    is he talking about Richard Hunt didn't he start Elmo, and you did't hear this on the show but was on the site.
  6. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

Yeah, he was talking about Richard Hunt. I don't know why the interviewer didn't say his name, though. But yeah, Hunt started Elmo, but, if I remember, thought that since he usually does weird crazy characters, that he didn't really identify with Elmo.
  7. Marky

Marky Member

That's because Richard Hunt was a talent. Not a hack.
  8. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Ouch some harsh words there marty come on now you really cant put kevin anywhere near Richard as far as talent, but he has a specal talent in his own right. his best work will always be in MTI i think as far as piroer to Jim's death that will be the best muppet movie ever. all the perfromeces where just wonderfull human or muppet. i think they should do another MTI typ movie mabey a muppets pirates of the carrabian movie lol.
  9. Marky

Marky Member

No, no. I know he's a talent. Obvioulsy, otherwise Jim Henson wouldn't have hired him in the first place. I just really, really don't like his work. It's kind of like music. There's talent and sub-par slop in every genre. But every genre is not my taste. What KC does, while I admit he does well, just 'ain't my thang'.

Clifford (shudder, shudder)...

10. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

It makes sense that Richard Hunt wouldn't want Elmo for that reason, heh.

This topic reminds me of a DVD I found recently "Sesame Street Play Along Games and Songs." Basically it's an Sesame Segment from the 1980s where Big Bird, Elmo and Forgetful Jones play games and try to remember them afterward (and of course Forgetful isn't too good at that part!) Forgetful Jones and Elmo (Richard and Kevin, of course) actually work very well together. I definitely think Elmo was a good character before the whole "Elmo's World" thing.

It's a great DVD, classic Sesame Street. You can see how they use the characters to teach the viewing audience. Forgetful Jones forgets really obvious things but the kids watching remember them and that's helpful in development. It's also nice because it's one of very few Sesame Street DVDs that lists Richard Hunt as a muppet performer. Most of the other DVDs out now are more recent.