Major Changes in store for Sesame Street Season 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As long as there's no big wire fence around a vacant lot that says "coming soon: New Condos" that has been around for 10 years. You know, like a real street.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Or iron bars in front of the windows of Hooper's and the laundromat, and possibly giving Hooper's neon lights around the edges of the window sill like a ghetto gas station.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Really sstea?? They're just doors! I myself am kind of disappointed that they got rid of them, but NOT at the same level as you are! If you want something to complain about, why don't you make a fuss over how Elmo is living at 123 or about how the garage has been changed to a...who knows what it could be?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, that's a change that doesn't make too much sense, because it raises so many questions: why was Elmo's apartment taken down? Why has Elmo moved into 123? Where are Gordon and Susan living now? Will Gordon and Susan still be on the show? Yeah, I know all those questions will be answered eventually, but they still boggle the mind.

It's hard to say for sure, but it looks as if the Arbor now leads to stairs similar to these:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Again, I'm disoriented right now. Hooper's does look pretty good, interesting to see Oscar's ATC newsstand is back, don't know what the Elmo is going on with the Arbor, and don't particularly care for the overhaul of Big Bird's nest area. I think I need to see a little bit more to get the fuller effect of the new street.
Yeah. Now where's he going to hang his pic of Mr. Hooper? That's always been a staple of BB's nest area ever since the character's/actor's death.

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
Yeah. Now where's he going to hang his pic of Mr. Hooper? That's always been a staple of BB's nest area ever since the character's/actor's death.
I think Hooper's picture is hanging up on one of the trees. It's still there.

ssetta

Reaction score
Really sstea?? They're just doors! I myself am kind of disappointed that they got rid of them, but NOT at the same level as you are! If you want something to complain about, why don't you make a fuss over how Elmo is living at 123 or about how the garage has been changed to a...who knows what it could be?
They're not JUST doors. They're doors that have been there since DAY ONE. It was bad enough in season 33 when they put those shapes in them, and I was actually glad to see they went back to the old ones in season 37. So maybe they could bring them back at some point, and I really hope they do.

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
Now that I got a better look at the garage, it most likely is a new day care or pre-school. It has a bunch of little chairs, racks of toys, and other things like that. I think they just hadn't put the actual door on the building yet at the time of this video being filmed. So, it makes sense that the outside is a little more colorful with fun designs. It's like a little playground of sorts for the students.

I wonder who is going to run the daycare. Maybe a new human character?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm thinking Mando, to give him more of a place on the street.

They're not JUST doors. They're doors that have been there since DAY ONE. It was bad enough in season 33 when they put those shapes in them, and I was actually glad to see they went back to the old ones in season 37. So maybe they could bring them back at some point, and I really hope they do.
The show totally went down hill when they made the area between Hoopers and 123 a giant arbor space. It was there since DAY ONE and they ruined the show by changing it.

At least, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Schfifty

Reaction score
I'm thinking Mando, to give him more of a place on the street.
I can imagine that as a possible episode plot: "Mando's First Job at Daycare", where Mando starts working at the new daycare under Gina's supervision.

Speaking of Gina, is she still on the show? I haven't paid a lot of attention to the current human cast since I hardly watch the show anymore, so I didn't know if Allison was still reprising her character for the upcoming season or if Gina was leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.