Major Changes in store for Sesame Street Season 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
She is, she just hasn't really gotten a major role in a story for a short while.

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
I'm thinking Mando, to give him more of a place on the street.
That's true. He does need a role aside from just hanging out on the street. I'm pretty sure the press release regarding his character says he is a writer, but I don't think the show has ever touched on that.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I thought all in all. I like it. I will say the doors in front of Big Bird's has always been a staple of the 80's. It was where most of the stories were done. But I still enjoy it. It look pretty neat in a way that I think I'll get used to it when I see it for the first time on an episode.

And you never know. They could start making more episodes. With this new set why not more episodes.

But all in all I can't wait to see it up close in my bedroom.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It would be nice if they could start making more episodes again, I miss the days when they made more episodes.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
That's true. He does need a role aside from just hanging out on the street. I'm pretty sure the press release regarding his character says he is a writer, but I don't think the show has ever touched on that.
The closest they've ever gotten to mentioning his writing hobby was in "Mi Amiguita Rosita".

It would be nice if they could start making more episodes again, I miss the days when they made more episodes.
Agreed. BTW, you didn't perchance update the pages for Big Bird's Nest, Oscar's Trash Can, and Hooper's Store on Muppet Wiki (based on the fact that you uploaded those pictures)? If so, I think you might wanna consider changing Gordon and Susan's apartment to a possible Elmo's apartment. OK, I know the season hasn't started yet, but looking at the Oscar's can picture I can clearly tell that it might be housing Elmo now...but what do I know?

ISNorden

Reaction score
I seriously don't know why they would get rid of the construction doors that had been there since Day One, and why they would move Oscar's can. I seriously feel like the wonderful show that I've known my whole life is officially dead. I feel like going down to that studio and kicking that producer's butt!

Amen. The new set design made a lot of needless changes IMO (Elmo having to squish into Susan and Gordon's place -- what the [bleep]?!) But those doors were there (1) to give the street an inner-city look, and (2) to hint at the symbolism behind the show's name. (Learning is like a magic password that opens doors to the world, blah-blah-blah...) Besides, Big Bird needs some privacy -- not to mention a more solid place to hang Mr. Hooper's portrait. Have big cities just stopped recycling old doors in construction projects? :skeptical:

Moving Oscar's can next to the newsstand feels even more wrong. A can that size might annoy more people by getting in the way and making the corner smell; but the non-Grouch neighbors will have to move that can again if that newsstand is supposed to stay in business. :grouchy:

cahuenga

Reaction score
I hope Susan and Gordon will remain on the show at least until season 50!!

Last edited:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
She is, she just hasn't really gotten a major role in a story for a short while.
Come to think about it, we can say that about a lot of humans on the show these days. When was the last time Gordon had a big role. We're also seeing less of Maria. It seems like the humans they focus on mostly these days are Alan, Mando, Leela and Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.