MC Dorms: Sorry, We're Closed Take 2

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Pearl (puts her hands on her hips): Well, what I want to know is, who's the big cheese around here?

Kelly (whispers to Pearl): Ed, remember?

Pearl: Yeah, but I need to know how to get the permit to open my own little slice of the afterlife up. Someone round here's bound to have one I can fill out.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*After sending something to Kelly.

Well, seems you had those forms already filled out back at your homeland, I don't see why—if there's vacant buildings here—you shouldn't be able to open that saloon. Dunno if Kermit and the missus would frown upon or welcome a watering hole that would probably have his favorites near their wedding home. Will leave it to you miss Pearl. Pick the spot and Kelly and me can help put it on the map.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Pearl (hugs Ed tightly): OH, you're just the sweetest little guy EVER! I sure do appreciate you giving me the green light, darlin'. I just wanted to respect the local customs, I reckon. I'll have to have time ta come up with the best saloon ever. I'll let you know when I get it all worked out, sugah. *lets go so Ed can breathe*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Breathes. No... problem... *Takes a sec to recover. *Goes off, humming a little NBX music.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Lefty scuttles around the lawn, doing the walk made famous by Groucho Marx; he wears a pair of Groucho glasses, complete with fake nose and mustache.

Lefty: Potato pancakes...potato pancakes...potato pancakes...potato pancakes...

Lefty: Potato pancakes...potato pancakes...potato pancakes...potato pancakes...(shouts in Chamberlain's face) POTATO PANCAKES! POTATO PANCAKES!

*Mallet smashes Lefty.
Duck, *popping out of the rabbithole: Congratulations, you said the secret woids.
*Ducks bak down.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Pearl (stretches): Well, y'all, I'm gonna go back out to the park and catch up on my beauty sleep. It sure was nice meetin' y'all.

Kelly (yawns): Same here. *follows Pearl*

Cotterpin: Well, SOME of us still have work to do. See ya later, guys!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (asleep): ZZZZZZZZZ ... huh, spiders? *writhes around to squash imaginary spiders* ZZZZZZZ....

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
(a few hours ago)

(gang is heading up the street to the Fix-It Shop, lugging a large cardboard box)

Beige: Boy, this thing weighs a ton. Why does it need to go into the shop anyway?
Scooter: Problems with the motor. We took it out for a spin last night and it died.
Nora: And with Memorial Day weekend coming up, and ice cream season here, we can't afford to have our mixer out of action.
Erin: Even though Cold Comfort and Deep Freeze are always glad to take our money. Get the door, Storyteller.
Storyteller: (getting the door) But I will admit, the vanilla ice cream mixture did make for some heavenly French toast this morning.

(now)

Scooter: Well, the broken gears I can understand, but how did that banana peel get into the motor?
Storyteller: Well, you know, the peel adds some much-needed fiber to that milkshake recipe...
Beige: Storyteller, when people drink milkshakes they usually aren't in it for the fiber.
Erin: Unless they're health nuts. So, what ice cream recipe do we want to kick off the season with?
Nora: Well, there's what's left of the vanilla mix...wait, they're selling kiwis and strawberries already down at the Nelson Square farmer's market.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Pearl (taking a leaf and just barely touching a still-snoozing Kelly on the nose)

Cotterpin: She hasn't woken up yet?

Pearl (shakes head): Nuh-uh. She's been out like this all day. She just ain't had the energy for nothin'. *leans back on her haunches* Now, how in blazes are we gonna wake her up?

Cotterpin (checks her watch): Well, I don't see why we have to bother. In an hour or two, she'll just want to go back to bed anyway.

Pearl (shakes head): You gotta learn how to steer the livestock where you want 'em, darlin'. A mule that won't budge is a mule that's just eatin' up your dime.