MINDstyle to make 25th Ann. Fraggle figures!

beaker

Reaction score
They must be super top secret, given the Area 51 like blackout on every Toy Fair 2008 coverage online(figures.com, cooltoyreview,
action-figure.com, comingsoon.net, etc)

Hopefully super top secret means super awesome

*squints* I think I saw Ned Shimmelfinny and Cantus!

Luke

Reaction score
*squints* I think I saw Ned Shimmelfinny and Cantus!
Is it like one of those pictures made up of dots and you try and see a big picture hidden in it ........... i think i just saw Elmo! :insatiable:

Luke

Reaction score
They must be super top secret, given the Area 51 like blackout
I'm getting this mental image of little Fraggles armed with sub machine guns and grenades running around Toy Fair. Fraggle Wars - it could be a comic! :zany:

Drtooth

Reaction score
ok I see the blobby splotches in the case, and now my question is why in the world are there no photos of these things anywhere?
Hmmm... well, I wonder if this is the same thing that happened with the NECA TMNT, and they just have some sort of deal with a toy magazine to show it or something. You know what I'm talking about jimhensonhour.

Personally, I squinted really hard, sitting 2 inches from the screen... and I think I saw Waldo!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Hmmm... well, I wonder if this is the same thing that happened with the NECA TMNT, and they just have some sort of deal with a toy magazine to show it or something. You know what I'm talking about jimhensonhour.

Personally, I squinted really hard, sitting 2 inches from the screen... and I think I saw Waldo!
where's Waldo! lol
And yeah I do and the lame stuff that went down with Murphys blog.:scary:

beaker

Reaction score

Most likely. There's endless coverage of Toy Fair 2008 all over the net, and coincidentally only the Fraggle shelf of Mindstyle's cases isnt photographed and shown online.

As you said, it's likely they are going to only show them exclusively in Tomart, Lee's or Toyfare magazine or online in the future.

Im really excited to see NECA's Skeksis tho!
And did you EVER think you'd see such a massive array of Super Mario action figures? I almost fainted when I saw that. Another company had The Maxx and Scud the Disposable Assassin figures, still another had Macdonalds. This was the year when toys ya never thought would be made got shown.

As a side caveat, the hard reality is that OFTEN times toys shown at Toy Fair *never* get released. In 2003 Nintendo showed
a ton of awesome figures...like Star Fox action figures, etc...and they never got released. Most never get past the prototype stage, like the Sesame Street or the Fifth Element figures.

Yet, go into any Suncoast and youll see a gluttony of action figures that you have to wonder "why did these ever get made?"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yet, go into any Suncoast and youll see a gluttony of action figures that you have to wonder "why did these ever get made?"

...you mean, like McFarline's line of "OMG! Look how cool and artistic I am! I made the eyeball juice in Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz ooze out" serial killer type collectible dioramas? Or ones based on movies only 5 people give a crap about? I still don't get the appeal of the "Lost" action figures. 24, Heroes... yeah. Lost? I don't think so.

But this is coming from someone who still begs for some company to make Seinfeld action figures.

Foodie

Reaction score
Matleo posted on another thread that you actually can just barely make out the pics of the Fraggle prototypes on their main page.

http://mindstyle.com/

Unfortunately, these are very very tiny, and very hard to make out. But if you look really closely, you can just see Gobo's arm, and various bumps and smudges (pixilation, don't you know) that resemble Fraggle shapes. I think I can kinda make out Wembly as well....

Are we looking at the shelf with the blue-box-thing on top of it?