1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

MINDstyle to make 25th Ann. Fraggle figures!

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Cosmic Cow, Feb 5, 2008.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I agree with you. I think the ratio came from the blind boxing concept. They had a certain height and width to work with so that each piece could fit in the same size box.

I still feel they were thinking too small with these figures. I think they should throw in a few mini facades (flat unarticulated playsets) like a cave, the entrance through Doc's workshop, the Gorg's garden and one for Doozers. They could be made on a very tight budget like the Simpsons.
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

My plan to fix the Gorg-head thing is to create some kind of "bush" or wall for them to 'peek over' at the Fraggles.
  3. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

Very nice! I like Uncle Matt and Red the best... it looks like Wembly still needs to be worked on... and i'm not happy with Boober... its Booberish.. but i'd like him more open. And i'm not crazy for the fact that Gobo (my favorit) is sitting down. I'm being picky.. i know... the sculpt is great... but i'd like to see him standing.

They all look like they'd be great if you have them in a scene pose, however if you were to buy some of them on their own... i just dont think it works.

Over all.. i'm VERY happy with how they look
  4. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

That's a very nice concept.
  5. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

*has her heart set on a stop motion animation epic rolling Pa head youtube thingie*
    *cleans her imagination with a good book and goes back to bed* :p
  6. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

LOL! But in all seriousness, despite the lack of playability, these figures are awesome!
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That and they wanted some sense of Scale, though it's clearly not fully accurate. Of course, if they wanted a fuller body to fit in a box, they could have made the figures in pieces that you snap together (Similar to Gentle Giant's Simpsons Busts).

I like these and all, and I will definately get as many as I can afford... but I still think they should have a different concept for the box, be it a plastic window, different Box art, or a lable on each package saying the character inside.
  8. justairbagit

justairbagit New Member

Any new news on the release?
  9. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Not at present.
  10. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

It would be a present to hear something:coy:
  11. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

That it would.
  12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

People are posting to agree with the confirmation that nothing has happened so far... Personally, I think we should stop posting unless we get some SOLID news... or even some more prototype pics.
  13. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Ingenius idea.
  14. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

They all look very neat looking. I'll buy them if i find out where i live who's selling them. They all look awsome and can't wait to add them to my case above my bed on my wall.

I really do like how they caputed The Trash Heap and Sproket. They all look nice but what's with the poor Pa Gorg? He's been behead! :eek:
  15. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

But if we all stopped talking about things until there was news there would be fewer alive topics:sympathy:.
    I still say action figure fraggles would be a good idea. Even if serious collectors think they are 'just toys' there are plenty of us adult 'just toys' collectors to thank you :)
  16. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

This is true. But it saddens to me that such people--sans you, I, and other here--are often afraid to come out of their collector's closets, as it were.
  17. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Oh, admit they collect anything more than 'serious collectors toys' you mean? That they collect common 'little kids toys' to ;)?
  18. DLGabriel

DLGabriel Active Member

Personally, I think it's silly that anyone would think negatively (hence the fear of some people admitting their joy of collecting whatever) about anyone who collects toys of any kind. For one, if you're into the right ones, there can be some real serious big bucks involved. But more importantly, why should anyone care what someone else collects as long as that someone enjoys collecting it? People are far too judgemental these days. I got totally ripped into by an ex-girlfriend for the simple fact that I was excited to get Vintage Fraggle Rock plush dolls for Christmas one year. Apparently some people are just too big of slaves to conventional thinking. I say, let whoever collect whatever as long as they enjoy it (provided it's not severed heads or something like that, that'd be kinda creepy).

But back on topic... I think it's totally awesome that someone's finally making some uber detailed Fraggle figs and really hope I can afford to get my hands on them when/if they actually come out.
  19. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Exactly that.
  20. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Well, I think that is silly..For one, if they are able to be played with they can do much more than just collect dust and be looked at :excited:. I love posing my toys for pictures when they are movable :excited: