1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Miss Piggy on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Jul 30, 2007.

1. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

The fat joke stuff isn't recent at all. Remember the pigs in space episode where she threw off the ship's balance? Or the episode where Kermit cancels her number and she goes on a diet? Or in Muppets Take Manhattan where she says something like "oh dear lord not jogging"? It's not new at all.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

That's true :) I guess what I mean is overall her character was not limited to "Man, she's fat!" It really all depends on the kind of writing. Some jokes are funny, and some are just mean.

It's hard to describe but there's a difference between Mark Hamill saying "The evil fiend must feed his prisoners well" and the things Craig Ferguson said.
  3. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Hear, hear! **raises her glass at Beau's words**

Lord knows there is way too much emphasis on people's weight in the media. Too fat, too skinny, it's ridiculous! And even poor Miss Piggy can't escape that criticism. She should be proud that she is brave enough to be her big beautiful self and not even flinch when people mention it!
  4. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

5. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well, her the joke use to be a little more subtle like the writers were just have fun with it, not to be mean spirited or anything. But There we're more pig jokes then there we're fat jokes and many of then were not made directly to her face, LOL!

Applauds beau!
  6. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

This is finally up on YouTube, guys, in two parts.

Hiiii-yah!

This is my favorite Muppet appearance on a talk show next to Grover on Kimmel.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't actually watch the video before posting the link. It looks/sounds awful. Which is what happens when you point your camera at the TV screen and record.

Sigh...
  7. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

On TMS she exercised while watching a show that called it's viewers fatties. How subtle is that?
  8. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well, you got me there.:D But it wasn't her friends calling her that. They know better.:eek:

It was more of a private matter going on with her and not just something that was used solely as a joke.
  9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Right because the characters were written to be so rich and multi layered. :)
  10. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member