Muppet Crushes

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Updated list:
-Piggy (sometimes)
-Wanda (a favorite)
-Sexy Muppet
-the two purple sopranos from SS; one was named Mme. Alma Gluck, I think she was from the Front & Back "Blue Danube" sketch and played by Louise Gold. The other was played by Richard Hunt and sang F-AN and N-ET; at the fan bit, an assistant (played by Frank Oz) came in and said "bring in the fan", and it blew her hair off; when she sang 'net', he said "bring in the net" and they dropped it on her. Poor soprano. Only way it could've been worse is if she'd sung "MON-STER" and one came up and ate her. What was it Animal said in the Steve Martin episode -- "SOPRANO LOOK DELICIOUS!!!!" Anyone have either or these sketches, btw?
-one of the readers of the open range (the female one)
-one of the Androoze Sisters (pigs, the one w/short curly hair) from "Everybody's Song" with Bip Bippadotta

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Faylo

Reaction score
If I was a muppet, I'd totally be after Wembley!
We both have VERY similar personalities (indecisive, active and cheery). Plus, he's a cutie! :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yeah, Wembley's easy to identify with. I'm also terrible at making up my mind. But like I said, my favorite is Scooter. In fact, when I was 7, I probably had a little crush on him without even knowing it.

Lots of Muppets are the targets of crushes...as for the humans who work them down in the trenches, it seems that Richard Hunt, Steve Whitmire and Bill Barretta are the most popular with the fans who have two X chromosomes.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Yeah, I def have a crush on Steve circa 1982 with the curly hair haha, aww! My Muppet "crushes" if that's what you want to call them, really I just think that they have a special place in my heart hehe are Kermit, obviously first and foremost, and Gonzo, whom I love very much, and I have a sister's love for Scooter and Robin. And my Fragglish loves are Wembley, like everyone else, and Gobo, most specifically his voice. Such a good little singer.

My 7 year old sister, btw, has a crush on Boober. It's adorable. :wink:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
She's not a Muppet, but I had a crush on Gina from Sesame Street when I was a kid.

And I am in love with Stephanie D'Abruzzo's voice (she's not bad lookin' either).

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
SarahOnBway said:
Yeah, I def have a crush on Steve circa 1982 with the curly hair haha, aww! My Muppet "crushes" if that's what you want to call them, really I just think that they have a special place in my heart hehe are Kermit, obviously first and foremost, and Gonzo, whom I love very much, and I have a sister's love for Scooter and Robin. And my Fragglish loves are Wembley, like everyone else, and Gobo, most specifically his voice. Such a good little singer.

My 7 year old sister, btw, has a crush on Boober. It's adorable. :wink:
Yeah, Whitmire's fairly popular with a lot of women here. I'm rather partial to Richard, personally. Guess it's because he plays Scooter. And besides, he wasn't that bad-looking, let's face it.

It's true, Gobo has a nice voice, and we have Jerry Nelson to thank for that. Wembley and Boober are my favorites of the Fraggle Five, but I like Gobo too; the early version of him reminds me a bit of Scooter. Guess that's why.

BooberKnowsBest

Reaction score
Boober for me, of course! :flirt: He's always been my favorite, and i can actually relate to him alot. like my sig says, "I've got myself, myself has I" But if boober wont have me *tear* then i'll take gonzo any day! :wink:

Kiki

Reaction score
Interesting thread, y'all! :wink:

Hmmm, Muppet crushes, lemmie think...:
-Scooter's wicked-awesome, he's great!
-Wembley's so cute!
-Kermie-baby!

But I just think they're cute. I don't really have a crush on a Muppet. They're just so cuddly looking! :smile:

But as for Muppeteers... mmm!
-Richard Hunt... during the 70's. yeah.
-Stevie! I love his sence of humour and... oooh...his hair! I hope he doesn't cut it any shorter, I dig guys with long hair- growwwwl! :flirt: (Well I do! Umm- sorry)

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
She's not a Muppet, but I had a crush on Gina from Sesame Street when I was a kid.
Ahhhh, forgot about that one! Oh yeah, I was crazy about her. Liked Maria before that.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Muppet Newsgirl said:
I've had a crush on Scooter since I was a kid. He's always been the Muppet that I've identified the most with.
And besides, 'Scooter' is also the name I gave my computer during the setup phase.