Muppet Film and TV References

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just picked up Pinky and the Brain volume 3 a week or so ago, and I found one SS referece (which I'll post in the SS appearacnes thread) and one Muppet reference.

In the episode "You'll never eat Food Pellets in this town again!" a mention to one of the puppeteers is made.

There's a long gag about Pinky having a wife that's actually a puppet. Later on, Pinky says that he has connections, and they can get work in Hollywood.

Brain replies, "What? You'll make connections with your puppet friends."

And Pinky adds, "Yeah...uh...um.. I know the girl that used to do Frank Oz's nails!"

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
One of the recent Simpsons had Moe running after family cars to watch TV when he says, "Big Bird in China? Won't Grover get lonely? Oh... he's hangin' out with Derek Jeter."

Drtooth

Reaction score
I finished off the Pinky and the Brain box set a few nights back, and found a third (and very sneaky) Muppet Reference in it.

In the third part of the three part series finalie, they have a concert featuring Swedish supergroup "BAAB" (A clear parody of Abba). Now, they had a cook in another room, who was also from Sweden. it was a short gag, and the animators clearly read "Swedish Chef" in the script and...well... you can see where I'm going with this. They had a dead on likeness of the Swedish Chef as the chef. Same design, same eyebrows covering eyes, same clothes, same color scheme. he didn't talk the same, but clearly was a joke an animator or character designer threw in there.

babyPiggy

Reaction score
In family guy they had kermit,suidish cheif and fozzie and it was somthing like this.
Kermit: "oh i like that its a sweet family moment"
Suidish cheif: "ya thats kinda nice"
Fozzie: "Wokka wokka who wants to hear a funny *** joke?"

babyPiggy

Reaction score
and when Meg is doing her bird call and big bird comes and he's like "what did you want?" and she's like "oh i wasent calling you" and then he sais "you know i don't fly, i take the subway like everybody els, oh and people don't stair"