Muppet Film and TV References

Katzi428

Reaction score
On an old episode of "Diff'rent Strokes" today,Kimberly's hair had turned green due to some rain water she washed her hair in.So her aunt tried to convince her to go to this Save The Planet like thing. Kimberly responded,"And you want my hair looking like Kermit the Frog?"

lynngarcia

Reaction score
I went to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall and besides the whole puppet Dracula stuff there is a scene where Jason Segal is sitting at a piano playing, singing, and crying the Muppet Show theme song - it's classic!:crazy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not so much a reference, but I pulled out an episode of Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries, and they pretty much stole the "Glow Worm" bit.

In the episode "Shell Game," Sylvester (on an island in the Galapagos) tries to pull out a worm to bait Tweety, but it turns out it's actually a long, wierd toungue of a lizard or fish or something like that. And it eats Sylvester.

As I said, not so much a reference as just stealing the gag.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Not so much a reference, but I pulled out an episode of Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries, and they pretty much stole the "Glow Worm" bit.

In the episode "Shell Game," Sylvester (on an island in the Galapagos) tries to pull out a worm to bait Tweety, but it turns out it's actually a long, wierd toungue of a lizard or fish or something like that. And it eats Sylvester.

As I said, not so much a reference as just stealing the gag.
Well come on, speaking as someone whom is a writer himself, it's hard to come up with something that's totally original. I doubt they were they sit around and something thought hey let's just do that one Jim Henson bit. It's kind of a basic idea or gag. Something turns out to be more than the character thought and oh no. I'm just saying it's easy to watch something and say oh they stole that from so and so, but come on everything has been done and redone and over done. I'm just saying

Oscarfan

Reaction score
In the onlien game, You Don't Knwo Jack, they use the Muppets in several of their questions.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's a fresh one.

Anyway, I was watching the new Spectacular Spider-Man serires, and in today's episode, The Big Man's Henchman named Hammer Head was attacked by Green Gobin. Hammer Head dons brass Knuckles and says:

"Stop Laughing Kermit! I hear that green is the new Black and Blue!"

Teheheman

Reaction score
Fozzie was on the Simpsons tonight presenting an ESPY award with Lance Armstrong. Saying "Wokka Wokka" then Lance said something about the award then Fozzie said "Hey Lance, nice slacks, did you get those winning the Tour de Pants? Wokka Wokka" Lance got mad and ripped the bear off of the guys hand and tried to announce the award before Homer turned the TV off

Daniel

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
I saw that too! I loved it, but when he's pulled off two hands are missing. :embarrassed:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Today on Family Feud,the host (Richard Karn) asked a contestant during Fast Money: "Name a cartoon character with big ears." So the contestant answered "Kermit The Frog"!
Helloooo? Kermit has small ears!:rolleyes: