Muppet questions you were afraid to ask...

David French

Reaction score
Whatever said:
So what did happen in that sketch? I have the song on DVD, but I've never actually seen it. Just thought it was Miss Piggy singing more off-key than usual.
Her back-up singers change from humanoid to monster-like throughout the song.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
David French said:
Her back-up singers change from humanoid to monster-like throughout the song.
yes, they grow eyebrows, and fangs, and chase her around the scene!!

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
okay, here's a REALLY embarassing question...

In the Linda Ronstadt episode of TMS, she sings "The Shoop Shoop Song" in a segment. Did she originate it, or did she cover that song?

BJ

abiraniriba

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
abiraniriba: Pachalafaka? I haven't the faintest idea.
Allow me to refresh your memory. Scooter sang it in a muppet show sketch about his love for the country of Turkey and a certain Turkish maiden At the end of the song he wants to stay with the woman until the very they find out what Pachalafaka means.

Beauregard

Reaction score
abiraniriba said:
Allow me to refresh your memory. Scooter sang it in a muppet show sketch about his love for the country of Turkey and a certain Turkish maiden At the end of the song he wants to stay with the woman until the very they find out what Pachalafaka means.
Actually, it was not Scooter. But, yeah, that's basicly hwo it went. but then she dropped the head covering and turned out to be a hidious bearded woman (I think)

Rowlf+Buster

Reaction score
muppetbigwig said:
hi my muppet friends.. i'm robert and i'm new here..
Welcome (even though I've probably not been here long enough to say that)
is gorgon heap the same monster from the skit inchworm?
Yes I'm pretty sure he is
and is lenny the lizard like the old kermit from sam and friends?
I don't think so, no

:crazy:

Camellia

Reaction score
Speaking of MFS, I still don't know what Gonzo is. I have to stick to the idea he's just some kind of bird-freak, just like Miss Piggy would say back in the good old days...

http://www.camelliasoftware.com/TheMuppetsSite/muppetsw.htm
Scroll down to:

"Will he be referred to as an "alien" instead of a "whatever" in all his other appearances?

I don’t know - we haven’t talked about it yet."

Ok - whether he's an alien, or not, I don't get it :big_grin:
Oh well. From the stories I heard before MFS was released, it sounded like a lot of scenes were cut and may have confused the original meaning of the plot. Also saw the MFS coloring books with scenes that didn't exist in the released film, too. What happened to Mr. Poodle Pants' scene?!? :mad: Heh heh. :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
To what scenes are you refering? In which coloring books? I havenever heard rumours oif cut scenes, care to elaborate? if there are some, moi wants them on a special DVD realse!

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss: Aas far as I can tell the song (who's actual tile is "It's in his Kiss") was originally recorded by Aretha Franklin

G-MAN said:
The monster from the Inch Worm skit was called Big V.
Bit of clarification: when the skit was performed on Ed Sullivan with Kermit the mosnter was a bluish creature called Big V. When the skti was redoen on the Muppet show with Lenny the Lizard the monster was Gorgon Heap (albiet with a new long nose) Not the first change to him notice in the Joel Grey episode he has big ears on the sides of his head but in later episdoes they are replaced by horns.

On the subject of monsters here's a wierd question. How come sometimes when a monster eats someone the monster is shown starting to eat them then it cuts away to a closeup reaction shot of another character (even if they were in the previous shot) then cuts back as the monster finishes eating. At first I thought this was done because it was necessasary to cut away so the puppiter could take off the victim but there are other times when there's no cut away.