1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet questions you were afraid to ask...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Vic Romano, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Blue Weirdo

Blue Weirdo Member

Yar. I not be knowing the first two scallywags but The Amazing Mumford be a magician on Sesame Street. He be purple with black hair and mustach and perpetully closed eyes (kinda like me main lassy Janice :flirt: )

Mumford worked his spells with the magic words "Alla Peanut Butter Sandwhiches" If I be remberin' correctly his magic had a habit of goin wrong.

And if ye be wonderin why I be typin like this today (Sept. 19) be National Talk Like a Pirate Day. (I not be making this up!)
  2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Scooter, Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper, Janice, Zoot, Lips, Lew Zealand, Bunsen, Beaker, Crazy Harry... they're all "human" Muppets... right?

Is it possible that Janice is a goldfish, Scooter in a mole, bunson is a honeydue melon, and Beeker is a labortory beeker sence he's shaped like one?
  3. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I think that those actually might production numbers.
  4. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Lisa Henson mentioned on the A&E Sesame Street biography that on Sam And Friends Kermit was just an abstract character that played off this other jazz character who's name that I cant remember. If any boby knows, can they please let me know?
  5. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I wish I could give you the detals, but on "A Very Mary Muppet Christmas Movie" you can see the outside of a variation of the Classic Muppet Theater

And Welcome to the Fourm.
  6. Effralyo

Effralyo Active Member

Wellm, I made up a very simple and (I think) nicely sounding name of his kind : Clumsworth.
  7. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

About the pogs and figs issue... actually, I seem to remember there being a thread about that... er, somewhere... I dunno. Anyways. In the Ruth Buzzi episode of TMS, there's this Robot Kermit who flirts with Miss Piggy, saying they could have bouncing baby figs. ...ok so that doesn't really answer what they'd look like, now does it? (You'll have to forgive me, I should be asleep right now, so I may be a bit slow) Well then, fast forward to the Cloris Leachman episode, where the pigs took over the theater. There's a picture on this page of their pig interpretation of Kermit. I'm not sure if it's a fig or a pog, but it is one very, um... interesting looking creature.
  8. Harvey Towers

Harvey Towers Active Member

I'm not sure if someone else has already said this but in the Andy Williams ep of the Muppet Show when Piggy tells him she is marrying Kermit; Andy says "soon ther'll be the patter of tiny figs!"

There is also a picture of Fozzie the Pig on that page... not sure if he is a big or a pear though...
  9. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Yes, they are all human.
  10. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

Is Scootor a Human i always considered him a aniaml of some sort

especially with Muppet Babies w/ all them being anaimail in the nursery
  11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Harvey Kneeslapper was a muppet who played practical jokes on random strangers. His jokes usually involved puns on letters or numbers, and he would often slap that letter or number on a muppets chest (one time he slapped a U on a guys head).

heres an example of one skit:
    Harvey Kneeslapper: (trying hard to hold back laughter) Do you know where I wanna "B"?
    victim: What?
    harvey kneeslapper: I said, do you know where I wanna "B" (tries not to laugh)
    victim: no, where?
    Harvey Kneeslapper: I wann B (slaps a B on the guys chest) right here! (laughs hysterically)

harvey Kneeslapper was purple with yellow hair, eyebrows, and a mustache. he wore a blue sweater.

Herbert Birsfoot was a lecturer from the early seasosn. He was thin, lavendar, wore glasses (his eyes were part of his glasses), and had brown hair and a mustache.

Somebody already told you who The Amazing Mumford is.

All of these characters are from Sesame Street.
  12. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Edit: Ah, I see Blue Weirdo's post now. Thank you, both Blue Weirdo and minormuppetz, that helps alot. :)
  13. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Quick change Gonzo!!!

This leads me to ask a question. How come Gonzos regular outfit has changed over the years? First he regularly wore a purple tuxedo, then he alternated it with a bluie shirt and black vest (seen in the muppet movie and later seasons of The Muppet Show), then he wore a white shirt, gray vest, and red tie, then he wore various chilli pepper suits (in Muppet Classic Theatre, Muppets Tongith, and Muppets From Space, and I think he also wore it at the end of The Muppets Wizard of Oz), and in It's a very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie he wore a blue (or is it gray?) sweater, which i think he has also worn elsewhere (I don't know for sure). Why is this?[/QUOTE]

Strange, isnt it.Characters like Flintstones, Simpsons, Donald Duck,etc never change(pwuh!!!),except on special occassions. I would have a guess and say Gonzo wears different clothes as a distraction when he has been re built, so if somebody thinks Gonzo looks different, they will think it is because he is wearing something different!!! Gonzo's nose seems to be painted different colors and recently I have seen him with almost black fur.!! :concern:
  14. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

ah coincpericy therioes abound
  15. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

swedish chef menu question

Did the Swedish Chef ever make Swedish Fish?
  16. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

I'll ask him next time I see him :p
  17. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I dunno, but I do wonder how often Kermit sends his collar out to be cleaned?
  18. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

Twice a month, I believe. Or something like that. I'll check.

Edit: Yup. According to this funny little questionaire thing he supposedly filled out October 31 2003, Kermit has his collar dry-cleaned twice a month.
  19. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Good question. I wonder what happens when Kermit gets lipstick on his collar. White-out wouldn't work. Maybe he hides it by using a green felt-tip marker.:)
  20. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

HA HA! Where on earth did you read that? Is that a joke, or is there something online or what? :)