1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet questions you were afraid to ask...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Vic Romano, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Ha ha! Yeah, I remember that!
  2. No, we do not know that. We know that Gonzo is a "whatever", in that we certainly don't know what he is. Those who have seen MFS may choose to believe they know his species if they like, but in my Muppet universe, no one will EVER know what Gonzo is---that's the point of Gonzo!! (I'm sorry, don't mean to sound like I'm comin' down on ya Vic, I'm just EXTREMELY passionate about this!!)

Animal is a wild humanoid IMO. I mean look at him, he's got the body and limbs and head of a human, just with shaggier hair and wilder facial features.
    And in "Of Muppets & Men" (the documentary), Frank describes Animal as living for 5 things: Sex, Drums, Food, Sleep, and-----d'oh! I forgot the 5th! :o (but I'm 99% sure it wasn't "drugs")

Right. (IMO anyway, but seems pretty obvious to me)

Love ya Kev, but I require proof of this. I honestly also thought, like some, he was a mole. He's brown, he's got that nose, the fur, the shaggy hair...I could swear I heard a Henson person say this in a special, or saw it in print. Let's investigate folks, we've got 2 sides warrin'! lol
  3. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Hey, Byron! Ma' man! You can be comin' down on me all you want as long as you come around. I missed you, man! :D
  4. Thanks...I tried not to sound too teed off cause I am at work and am MAJORLY P.O.ed!!!!!!!!!!

(and I'll have the final "Mokey Monday" up next week)
  5. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Cool! I'm bringin' back my visuals, clicky my siggy!
  6. LOL, very cool! :D

Except that it's "Ah ah ah ah ah!", not "Ah ha ha ha ha!"

:p
  7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Sorry, how could I resist?

I do, however, resist the fact that Beauregard is a mole! If he was he'd have claws, glasses, and a pointed nose...I'm either in the humanoid, or "other" camp. (Not THAT other camp...) The camp that thinks of him simply as some kind of sub species/uncategorized.

Beau
  8. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Well I do have four fingers on each hand also, and I am a cartoonist, so that's a little ironic. :)
  9. I don't think he was created "on purpose" for that. I also don't think he's as similar to Ernie as some people think. Ernie's head is oval, Lew's is round. Ernie has oval eyes "stuck" on his head, Lew has round ones that are attached to it on top. I think it's the orange color that makes people think of it the most. If he were blue or green probably no one would think of Ernie being "like him" nearly as much.
  10. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Lew Zealand has always kind of reminded and made me think Eirne. But I guess if you realy pay attention, you can tell thay are probably not all that alike.
  11. I would accept him as some kind of "sub species/uncategorized", but I will not accept him as "humanoid" unless Henson tells us so. He looks, IMO, like he obviously has fur and thick animal-y hair and an animalistic elongated nose. Pretty mole-ish to me. And remember, Muppet animals don't always look exactly like their animal counterparts...Kermit has fingers and a more rounded body than real frogs, Piggy and Link have toes instead of hooves (and Piggy has breasts! :eek: ), etc.

We can also check "Of Muppets & Men" and see what the book says, if anything, about Beau's species...
  12. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

That makes me think of Redwall books. Boi hurr...