Muppet questions you were afraid to ask...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'd rather see you date Dave Goelz, and then you'd know you won't get blown up!

At least, not until Gonzo gets there to visit...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
aWhatnot said:
Long time reader, first time poster!
I'm not sure if this was asked or not, but what are Floyds eyes? They're like cones or something, they look weird. I just don't get it. Thanks!! :sing:
In the first season of TMS, his eyes were black circles with a reflective surface. it was meant to look sort of like permanent sunglasses.
Now, his eyes are still black circles, but they are alot like Mahna Mahna, as they have pull-strings to make them blink. Any more questions about him? I'll do my best to answer.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
okay, here's a REALLY embarassing question...

In the Linda Ronstadt episode of TMS, she sings "The Shoop Shoop Song" in a segment. Did she originate it, or did she cover that song?

BJ
Cher did it first but Aretha Franklin also sang it.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
aWhatnot said:
Oh you've been reading us? Then I don't have to tell you how insanely crazy and weird we are, or that we're proud of it! Welcome to Muppet Central, aWhatnot!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
Now I've got one other question. Can anyone tell me on what episode of Muppet Babies that a live action picture of Oscar showed up and if they were any other Sesame Street references (or Fraggle Rock or other Henson production, for that matter)? Also, can anyone tell me if they were any other apperances or mentions or references to any other Muppets on Muppet Babies? I know Kermit, Miss Piggy, Scooter, Skeeter, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal and Rowlf all showed up, as well as Nanny, Robin, Statler, Waldorf and Janice. Can anyone tell me the specific episodes that Janice and Statler and Waldorf showed up?
A clip of Oscar The Grouch appeared in The Daily Muppet, during a song with the same title (during Miss Piggys line about celebrity interviews). I am not sure if you were confusing a clip with a picture or not. A live action picture of Ernie and Bert appeared near the beginning of the episode This Little Piggy Went To Hollywood.

Here are some other muppet clips used on muppet babies: In the first episode with robin, a clip from kermtis showdown scene in The Muppet Movie was shown. In the episode where kermti plans a trip to visit robin, a clip of the Kermit balloon from macys thanksgivign day parade was shown. In the episode where everybody gets a wish, Kermit wishes that they would all make movies together, and a clip from the planning scene from The Great Muppet caper was shown. In the episode The Incredible Shrinking Weirdo, there was a scene where the animated baby gonzo interacted with the live action adult kermit, using clips from the muppet show (frank welker dubbed kermits dialog). I think the episode Fine feathered Enemies had a clip of the skeksis from The dark Crystal. The episode Musical Muppets had a scene where Miss Piggy is about to perform on stage, and the curtaisn raised to reveal a live cheering audience. This audience scene was originally used at the beginning of The Muppets Take Manhattan. And in the episode where the babeis make paintings, stills of the muppet calendar parodies f American Gothic and Blue Boy were shown.

Additional refferences include a line from Muppet babies: The Next generation, where rowlf is trying to tell everybody that he doesn't want to take a bath, only for them to think he is playing charades. One of Miss Piggys guesses is The Muppets Clean Manhattan. I have also read that the episode Get Me To The pearch on Time has refferences to The Dark Crystal and Labrynth.

As for characters on the show, Bunsen and Beaker both made frequent appearances during the first six seasons. Bean Bunny also appeared occassionally during the last season, as did Statler and waldorf.

Some episodes with Statler and Waldorf include Transcotenal Choo-Choo The Muppet Inventors, Hats, hats, hats, and Happy Birthday, Uncle Piggy (there was also an episode with them where Animal answers the phone, but I can't remember the title).

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
aWhatnot said:
I'm not sure if this was asked or not, but what are Floyds eyes? They're like cones or something, they look weird. I just don't get it. Thanks!! :sing:
I think there's an explanation about his eyes on the S1 DVD.

Just like I've always assumed a familial connection with Ernie and Lew Zealand, I think somewhere in the past the family might have split off but I have always considered that Floyd and Mahna-Mahna were cousins or something.

But, welcome to the boards and keep on postin'!!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Thanks to Vic Romano and minor muppetz for answering my questions! :smile:

aWhatnot

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome!
So Floyd's eyes are black circles huh? Why do they seem to have depth? Does any one know where I can see closeup pics of Floyd and Mahna's eyes?
Thanks! :sing:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I think they're pretty much cones, is the best way to describe them. You can see Mahna's eyes pretty well in this picture from Tough Pigs: http://www.toughpigs.com/images/anthhipster9920.jpg See the eye that's blinking? You can see the top of it, so it seems to be a cone-shape. As far as I call tell, when Floyd got the ability to blink, it's very similar to Mahna.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
When I made my Mahna-Mahna puppet I made his eyes as cones.