1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet questions you were afraid to ask...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Vic Romano, Aug 6, 2004.

1. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

It'll be new to me! :) Yup. Until tomorrow. Then, it won't be new anymore.

Wanted to add the article here:

From the website: http://www.exclaim.ca/index.asp?layid=22&csid1=2062

3. Saironi

Saironi New Member

I always wondered do monsters like Gorgon, Behemoth, LCM and the Crocodile actually eat other characters. All we see in the Sherlock Holmes skit is Gorgon ramming Piggy then Baskerville into his mouth, a shocked reaction from a different character, then a leg slidding down his throat.

Two questions;

1. How do the puppeteers do that?

2. Does one puppet actually "swallow" the other?
  4. Fozzie Bear

The puppet being eaten usually is pushed into the mouth by the hands of the puppet doing the eating, or they lean into the mouth and a hand inside the head of the puppet grabs a hold and pulls them in.
  5. Saironi

Saironi New Member

I always wondered why not all of the main muppets, like Gonzo or Fozzie, have legs when you see a pic of them being operated. I mean, you get to see Kermts' legs in to talkspot, Robins' legs and Rizzo's honks(?), so are only certain muppets allowed to have legs attached to them? If so or if the legs are seperate, how do they work as if they're attached.

Example; When Lenny gets chomped on by a worm-nosed monster, his legs fly up.
  6. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Here's a question; what the heck was this? I've never heard of it nor have I ever seen it on anyone's trading page.
  7. Fozzie Bear

I think I have it on tape. I'll check.
  8. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

So it's just another behind the scenes documentary? Is it cool? :excited:
  9. Fozzie Bear

Shows Big Bird without a head...yeah! It is!!
  10. golden teeth

golden teeth New Member

As for the question asked long ago, "WHat is that thing around Kermit's neck?" In IaVeryMerryMCM, in the deleted scenes, Kermit says to Carson Daly, "And thats where that funny thing around my neck came from." So there is an answer, we just didnt hear it!
  11. Fozzie Bear

The thing around his neck is a collar. I don't know why it's there, or why they required there to be 11-points on it.
  12. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

"....and that's why I have this funny collar."

Yes...I always wondered...
  13. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I was wondering if I was off base here and maybe just had too much to drink one night, but I seem to remember seeing Sir Didymus from Labryinth either illustrated or animated. Was there in fact a comic or cartoon? Or is it possible I envisioned him along with a pink elephant?
  14. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

I've seen it too..somewhere.
  15. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Okay, here are my questions:

1. When there are big production numbers involving the full-body Muppets, and there's dancing involved...do they have dance doubles inside the suits or are the Muppeteers brave enough to do it themselves?

2. How the heck was Richard able to run in that Sweetums costume?

3. (connected to 2) How many times did he fall on his face before he got it right?
  16. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Sometimes they did have dancers in the muppet monster costumes
  17. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

How come puppeteers, as well as cartoons and such, have four fingers, instead of five? Wouldn't it be easier for the fingers when playing characters like Cantus, Ernie, and Rowlf?
  18. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I always wondered that too, my only explanation as an artist is that for some reason, four fingers look more natural on a cartoon character where sometimes five fingers look like it's crowding the hand... then again that might be because of years of conditioning with four fingered cartoons and puppets. I like how the Simpsons always refer to how they only have four fingers per hand.
  19. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Haha, or how they're yellow...
    "Kiss my hairy, yellow butt!"
  20. Didn't they make a joke or something about how in the future people would have five fingers. And Bart commented how that would be a freak show. I can't remember exactly how it went.