1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Smilies

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Luke

Luke Active Member

Not for Penguins ! :p
    HubbaWhaFraggle likes this.
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Hey, it was a group decision. I was originally for the penguin until I made some stronger alternates. Don't focus on what the line-up doesn't include - focus on the many things it does. sigh...always a "half empty" crowd. :(
  3. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

i'll be a half full person! hmmm i don't suppose we could tickle it out of jamie!

Sarah
  4. radionate

radionate New Member

I'm not a half empty type of person.

I'm a full person.... full of you know what. ;)
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Okay, I'm happy again. I really supported the penguin until more ideas came pouring in. We'll see how it goes. Hey - we're lucky to have Muppet smiles at all. :D
  6. Luke

Luke Active Member

I didn't mean you weren't for penguins, i meant you had nothing for Penguins .... well unless you got fish, and i doubt that. Gotta cater for the minorities babe !

Seriously, i KNOW these are gonna be fantastic anyway, but i think maybe this all powerful penguin smiley debating group (they'll be running the whitehouse next !) should maybe have considered what characters might be popular with the people who will actually use them. I think the choice of characters is whats most important here rather than whether a character is winking or nodding or whatever, shame the Muppet Central 'fan favorite' didn't make the cut.
  7. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

luke.......that's interesting....especially your sig......

i am sure that the smilies will be great! ooh is there a gonzo????? a gonzo would be neat...........but there doesn't have to be one! i love all of them so far :o well ecept i worry about him throwing up in his hat!

Sarah
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The penguin idea was lost, but we added another more expressive fave in its place. One that some would like better than a penguin. Can't please everybody all the time. The staff slaved over the best choices and I spent a lot of time tweaking each smiley. The fact that it's all been caught up in the debate over one is discouraging. In the end, I agree with every decision that was made - except for it taking so long to get them up. I don't like to sit on finished work for very long. I prefer to make it and get it out there, but I know there are good reasons. :(

BTW - Most major TMS characters are represented. Is Lew Zealand there? No. Gonzo? Hmmmm. Mmmmmmmaaaaayybe. LOL!
  9. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

*gets on knees*

jamieeeeeeeeee you know you want to tell!!!!!!!

so when is this maintenence planned for! any idea on how long it'll take????

Sarah
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It was supposed to happen Friday. Now it's anyone's guess. :confused:
  11. Luke

Luke Active Member

I wouldn't like you to be disheartened Froggy, so outa respect i changed my sig, the petition is cancelled, and the press and media photocall at the Zoo with penguins holding a 'say no to penguin discrimination' banner is now officially on ice ! (as are the penguins)

:rolleyes:
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

LOL! Thank you. Right now I just want to see the friggin smileys. :mad: But I will be patient. :D
  13. radionate

radionate New Member

Or sure, gobo and make me feel bad Jamie! :p
  14. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Ah, just so long as Scooter sticks around, I'm happy.

He is sticking around, right?

Oh, no! He isn't! Tell me! He's sticking around! Please!

Alright! Fine! You're not going to tell me.

Are you keeping Scooter?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

*sigh*

Oh, well.

:)

Actually, I don't care who we get. I just can't wait till they come out! They sound good.
  15. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The eleven that are on-line now are solid and will be staying.
  16. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Is Rowlf on board for a smiley? he always has a big grin on his face:)
  17. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Stay tuned Zack. They will be on-line as soon as possible when we have a forum upgrade later this week. The forum will be down for awhile when I do the software upgrade to the whole forum and add the new smilies. Once I know the exact times of the software upgrade, I will post an hour or two in advance in our "Announcements" folder.
  18. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

FINALLY!!

At work, I'm getting ALL the smilies now! These look SOOO cool!!

F:oZ
  19. SuperGrover

SuperGrover Member

Congratulations, Kevin! I think that's the signal we've all been waiting for. Now that Kevin sees all of these smilies (X), we can go ahead and upgrade to the next level, giving him a whole new batch of Muppet smilies to anticipate! ;)

J/K, Kevin. I really am glad you can see 'em now so I can post this one :o 'specially for you.

Hasta la pasta!

:confused: P.S. I just tried to post one of each of the current Muppet smilies above where the (X) is, but evidently that exceeds a limit as to how many smilies a person can post in one message. Yeah, probably best not to go gangbusters & overdo a good thing. Muppet Central lesson of the day: Always use Muppet smilies sparingly!
  20. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Yayyy, F:oz! Now you can finally see what we're posting to you. Just in time for us to get new smilies (soon)...and for you not to be able to see those! :p :D j/k

Jamie, I'm looking forward to WHATEVER the new smilies are. But after our vigorous campaign, Luke, don't you think that the penguin needs to give a concession speech when the new smilies are introduced? ;)