1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppets on NBC's America's Got Talent 8/21

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Aug 19, 2007.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I AGREE! He was aweful! Terry, however was incredible. I had a really strong feeling he would win and I'm so glad he did. Nice to see a non-singer win one of these for a change. And ventriloquism really is such an underrated and underappreciated talent.

Along with that...what a great appearance by the Muppets! Might be the best new thing I've seen from the Muppets in a long time. Kermit looked and sounded great as did Miss Piggy. She was the classic Piggy too. Feisty but still genuinely sweet. My favorite was when Kermit said "I hope you don't mind but I brought my own back up singers" and then four Muppet chickens pop up. And if that wasn't enough, Chef, Beaker and Animal appear as the "judges"! I loved Jerry Springer's line about how that is the most sense the judges have made since the show started. And Beaker in a Sharon Osbourne wig...priceless! Very funny! Oh it was soo good!

Congrats, Terry!
  2. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Member

Eric's Miss Piggy

Great Muppet Appearence! Was that Eric doing Piggy...because usually that show Miss Piggy's "New Voice" via satelite. For example on Muppet Show Live they showed Eric doing her... They keep bringing back the outfit from the VMMCM days~they should have keeped her in the outfit from the Late Late Show! lol. So yeah. Love It!
  3. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

missed the show, caught clip on aol

I missed the show, but I caught a clip on aol Terry Fator was interesting. I don't watch these American Idol type shows too much as most of the acts remind me of my grade school talent show days, a nightmare I'd rather not relive. I did like Kermit's appearance though. How did he work that :confused: Terry fator must know somebody, who knows somebody... who works for JHP.
  4. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

He didnt work it, the show producers did, each person had a duet with somebody famous.
  5. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

oh, my bad

okay, that explains it. Sorry, guys. all aol showed me was Kermit and terry's puppet singing together. I didn't see anyone else or know how it was done. Like I said I try to avoid these types of shows.
  6. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Member

7. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

To me chef sounded really good, I hope that was Bill prefroming him if it was he has really done well to get the voice down. I am wondering now how some other Muppets are sounding now, Like Rowlf Dr. Theeth and so on.
  8. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

I missed it last night because the electricity like went out. So, I actually missed it until Leyla SAVED ME! : D THANK YOU LEYLA! I died when I saw Beaker in a wig. I was like NOOOOOOOOOOO! BEAKER WHY? But it was adorable! It annoyed me too...anyway, Chef was PERFECT! The hand gestures ect. He just was GREAT! Miss Piggy was very Oz-like which made me smile. She was cute!

When Terry picked up the phone he really looked EXCITED! I was so proud that he did not just see them as sock puppets but STARS! AND IDOLS! He looked so youthful when Kermit called him up and gave the most sweetest praise. I LOVE Terry.

<3

Re-run cannot be missed! *HAPPY*
  9. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

10. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Hey if anyone has any pics of Piggy with the way she looked last night please let me know she was so beautyfull and i never thought she was before.
  11. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

12. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

The thing about America's Got Talent is the simple fact that there are a lot of different acts, but apparently America likes singing. 8 out of the top 10 were singing acts. Even the top 4 were all singing acts(Yes, I include Terry Fator as a singing act because that's what he does with his puppets) I enjoyed the Kermit and Terry performance. I think that was great how the Swedish Chef, Beaker and Animal were the judges. I also kind of enjoyed Ms Piggy's message. My mom was telling me that they were setting him up to win because they did more with him than others, but personally, I think they didn't set him up to win, I think that you have to do more with the Muppets other than just a cheesy Kermit duet and Piggy message ya know? I love the "Back up chicks" that Kermit brought out, but what would've been better is if Waldorf and Statler were in the balcony before the commercial saying something. THAT would've been the icing on the cake, but then again, I'm asking too much aren't I?

Daniel
  13. Java

Java Active Member

I loved Kermit telling Terry to just smile and nod at Beaker's comments!
  14. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Yes, the whole idea behind last night's show was that the contestants would perform with a professional in their particular area of talent. What other name would there be than Kermit and the Muppets. Though since his talent was not just puppetry but rather ventriloquism, I wonder if Shari Lewis would have been an option had she still been alive.
  15. spcglider

spcglider Member

How about Jay Johnson? He's probably the highest profile ventriloquist I can name.

But hey, still nice to see a PUPPETEER declared "America's favorite act"!

-G
  16. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

17. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

What were some of the other stars that the other acts performed with?
  18. fivefingers

fivefingers New Member

The muppets sounded pretty good on the show.

Expesially Piggy, i think that the voice is getting closer and closer to the original piggy each apperence she's in

It looks like they've been practing a bit

Great Apperence! Hope more is on the way
  19. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

Terry won last night. And the muppets are awesome.
  20. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member