Muppets Season 1 releases Aug 9, 2005

Movies205

Reaction score
I'm simply just going wait till it goes on sale because when that happens Circuit City or Best Buy will probably be selling it half price or something like that.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
The word is out on various DVD websites and it seems to be a lot of praise for this box set from non-Muppet fans, like this for example : dvdanswers.com :big_grin:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
just wondering, it's only about two months away from the dvd's being released, i don't know when and if it hasn't started already of the production of the DVD's but don't you think we would know by now if the set included the original openings and if it had subtitles? I mean much work as already been done for the set I can't see why we would not know if it had these features yet, wouldn't the original openings already have to be placed in the episodes and cleaned up for the disk? same for the subtitles to be typed up. That's not something that would be done a few weeks before the release, unless it really was just over looked and just hasn't been announced yet? I don't know.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I actually just read the article written by Greg on MC's homepage... and I started to cry with joy. I'm at work, I'm all dis-sheveled and weepy, I never cry! I'm 6'5" and 240 lbs. and I'm crying with happiness like a sissy! But I don't care 'cause I am so freakin' happy. This settles it, I'm not goin' to WW Chicago so I can have this!

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
The First Season On DVD For The First Time Ever!
THE MUPPET SHOW
SEASON ONE
The Ultimate Collector's Edition Available On DVD August 9
BURBANK, Calif. - It's time to raise the curtain on The Muppet Show! Join Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, the Swedish Chef and more, in the first season of this groundbreaking twist on the classic variety show. The first season is on DVD for the first time ever. THE MUPPET SHOW SEASON ONE contains all 24 episodes, completely restored and remastered. Come discover for yourself the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational pleasures of THE MUPPET SHOW SEASON ONE, available on DVD in a 4-disc DVD set.

The first season of the Muppet's groundbreaking show features guest stars Joel Grey, Connie Stevens, Ruth Buzzi, Rita Moreno, Jim Nabors, Florence Henderson, Harvey Korman, Lena Horne, Peter Ustinov, Sandy Duncan, Candice Bergen, Ben Vereen, Phyllis Diller, Vincent Price, Valerie Harper, Ethel Merman, and more.

DVD Bonus Features:

Jim Henson's original "pitch reel"
The reel that propelled the Muppets' blend of original songs, sketch comedy and guest stars into a primetime hit for all ages.
Muppet Morsels
Original Pilot
Season One Promotional Gag Reel
Collectible Packaging - With A Fun, Furry Touch
Walt Disney Home Entertainment is a subsidiary of Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc., a recognized industry leader. Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc. is the marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax, Dimension and Buena Vista videocassettes and DVDs.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
THE MUPPET SHOW SEASON ONE contains all 24 episodes, completely restored and remastered.
Completely restored... meaning inclusion or original opening credits or what? I know that restored & remastered is stock DVD promo talk for what's done to the original prints, but hopefully they'll be restored to their original version in total.

Guess we'll find out from GelflingWaldo when the time comes. And here I thought the official press release would've said flat out whether or not we were getting the original openings.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

anathema

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
Completely restored... meaning inclusion or original opening credits or what? I know that restored & remastered is stock DVD promo talk for what's done to the original prints, but hopefully they'll be restored to their original version in total.

Guess we'll find out from GelflingWaldo when the time comes. And here I thought the official press release would've said flat out whether or not we were getting the original openings.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
"Remastered" is often salesdroid-speak for "we copied it onto a digital tape, isn't that fantastic!", which plays on the common misperception that digital is somehow better than analogue.

"Restored" is slightly more promising, as it implies that they taken the time to repair the picture and sound damage present in the original tapes.

Whatever

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
I REALLY hope for subtitles...i don't know why, i just LOVE having them incase there something that hard to hear or something, learn words to a song...I just like that option.
I love them, and I know exactly why- I "hear" through subtitles. I need them!

(Are you listening, Disney?)

Whatever

Reaction score
Movies205 said:
I'm simply just going wait till it goes on sale because when that happens Circuit City or Best Buy will probably be selling it half price or something like that.
You can pre-order it from www.amazon.com for $27.99! Plus free shipping! Come on, support the Muppets!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I think it should be manditory now that subtitles are on every dvd. And i certainly hope that Disney would do it seeing as there are subtitles on many of their other dvd's, i also wish it could be manditory "as for movies" to have both Full screen and Wide Screen options, now when coming down to the Muppets Wizard of Oz movie only in full screen, I hope that has subtitles too, we loose out on wide screen and the for US version of IAVMMCM DVD it didn't have wide screen or subtitles.... :sympathy: