Muppets Season 1 releases Aug 9, 2005

Whatever

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
I think it should be manditory now that subtitles are on every dvd. And i certainly hope that Disney would do it seeing as there are subtitles on many of their other dvd's, i also wish it could be manditory "as for movies" to have both Full screen and Wide Screen options, now when coming down to the Muppets Wizard of Oz movie only in full screen, I hope that has subtitles too, we loose out on wide screen and the for US version of IAVMMCM DVD it didn't have wide screen or subtitles.... :sympathy:
I agree!

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
:big_grin: :big_grin: I'm buyin' this the day it comes out! Beautiful cover too!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Well, if it was filmed for TV, they wouldn't be able to have a widescreen version, would they? They'd have to edit the picture, and it would be an unnecessary hassle.

I agree with subtitles, though. They come in handy alot. And you discover really interesting lines you wouldn't have caught otherwise. Moulin Rouge, anyone? "Frank is living in my FOOT." :wink:

Um, also, is anyone else worried that the felt covers will up the price?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Well, if it was filmed for TV, they wouldn't be able to have a widescreen version, would they?
It was shot in widescreen and edited in widescreen. If you had a widescreen TV you would have seen it broadcast in widescreen and the NYC premiere was in widescreen too. They have a widescreen version available, they just opted not to use it.

MrsPepper said:
Um, also, is anyone else worried that the felt covers will up the price?

The price is already set at $39.99 retail (but store discounts will make it less). I have bought some other box sets that come in textured packaging and the price has not really been affected by it. The felt cover will make it cost a little more to make, but in the end the cost per-set will not be effected that greatly (or noticeably) by using felt vs. if they used plain cardboard.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
It was shot in widescreen and edited in widescreen. If you had a widescreen TV you would have seen it broadcast in widescreen and the NYC premiere was in widescreen too. They have a widescreen version available, they just opted not to use it.
Well, thank you for answering both questions.
If it was shot in widescreen, that would make a difference, then. I never knew tv movies were edited, I always assumed they tape them like they would a tv show.
The price is already set at $39.99 retail (but store discounts will make it less). I have bought some other box sets that come in textured packaging and the price has not really been affected by it. The felt cover will make it cost a little more to make, but in the end the cost per-set will not be effected that greatly (or noticeably) by using felt vs. if they used plain cardboard.
Okay, that makes sense. But I live in Canada, and my worry is that because of the exchange rate, (and add shipping if I pre-order it from Disney) that it will end up being much more than $50 canadian. :sympathy:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Greg, do we Yet know if this will be released in England?

And/or Mwoo. I am getting the gitters.

HPDJ

Reaction score
Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to get a multi-reigon player sometime soon!

morthimmer

Reaction score
Muppet Danny, I've tried to post a message before but I don't know if I did it right... here is what I wrote in it....
I found a link in an Amazon page where they sell all 5 seasons on DVD, they have artwork and the price is $199 USD, you can see the page here

http://empiricalfilm.com/products.php?iProductID=308&iCollectionID=77

What do we know about this?, I think is not an official product but I have some dutes about it because I think in Amazon doesn't sell illegal products.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
morthimmer said:
Muppet Danny, I've tried to post a message before but I don't know if I did it right... here is what I wrote in it....
I found a link in an Amazon page where they sell all 5 seasons on DVD, they have artwork and the price is $199 USD, you can see the page here

http://empiricalfilm.com/products.php?iProductID=308&iCollectionID=77

What do we know about this?, I think is not an official product but I have some dutes about it because I think in Amazon doesn't sell illegal products.

this is so illeagil copy