Muppets Season 1 releases Aug 9, 2005

Drtooth

Reaction score
anathema said:
"Remastered" is often salesdroid-speak for "we copied it onto a digital tape, isn't that fantastic!", which plays on the common misperception that digital is somehow better than analogue.

"Restored" is slightly more promising, as it implies that they taken the time to repair the picture and sound damage present in the original tapes.
It depends on exactly how they do it, and what they do. Sometimes remastering means they just fix a few things here and there. I think the Bullwinkle sets (in certain episodes) really made progress. In fact, the first episodes on the season one disk did an amazing job of making it sound and look new. But sometimes they use restored when they mean to say remastered, and only the picture looks a bit clearer than the original source.

But Digital is slightly better than analogue in certain cases. Depending on the disk or disks. Things are usually clearer than video, but there is some pixilation on certian things.

But what it all comes down too is that it's much better than having to rewind and fast forward.

anathema

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
It depends on exactly how they do it, and what they do. Sometimes remastering means they just fix a few things here and there. I think the Bullwinkle sets (in certain episodes) really made progress. In fact, the first episodes on the season one disk did an amazing job of making it sound and look new. But sometimes they use restored when they mean to say remastered, and only the picture looks a bit clearer than the original source.

But Digital is slightly better than analogue in certain cases. Depending on the disk or disks. Things are usually clearer than video, but there is some pixilation on certian things.

But what it all comes down too is that it's much better than having to rewind and fast forward.
Digital is - by definition - poorer quality than analogue. DVD is capable of vastly superior quality to VHS, but that's not saying much :smile:

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Everything I have read about the season 1 set sounds good. I hope it does well and that it will lead to Disney releasing it in Australia. If it does I will buy it. Same with Fraggle Rock. :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I preordered my set yesterday at Future Shop, and got a reasonable price for it too. :big_grin:

Toast

Reaction score
Hello Muppet fans! I'm new to this forum and am happy to be here! This is my very first post!

I have to say that I am thrilled to have the Muppets first season on DVD and I will let all you Canadians know where the best place to buy it will be!

The furry cover is a great idea.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ah, welcome, my fellow Canuck! :big_grin: Muppet Central is awesome, you'll love it here.
I've ordered my set at Futureshop for 39$, which I didn't think was too bad considering I'm picking it up in store (as in, no shipping fees tacked on, only tax). If you end up finding it somewhere else cheaper, I'll feel pretty silly!