1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppets Season 1 releases Aug 9, 2005

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by GelflingWaldo, May 20, 2005.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

In your review, you said that brian hensons introductions were "Note" included. I am sure that you meant "Not" included.

2. Does the pitch reel have the ending with Kermit saying "What the h*ll was that" in tact?

I've heard that they cut that part out.

3. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

It's not included

4. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

You're kidding! I wonder why they would have shown clips from the second season opening on the trailer then? Maybe that was part of a bonus feature or something.

5. amiki chan

amiki chan Member

Remember I asked about exactly a month ago and everyone thought it would be included. Disney is screwing us over already. Please excuse my grammar or edit this but that is how I feel right now. :boo:

6. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet New Member

I also seem to remember the "retrospective" being featured in one of the trailers...I think on the Muppet-Oz DVD...that's not on the Season 1 set either. Hmmm....

7. minor muppetz

am i correct in assuming that Ernie and bert are not edited from the Connie Stevens episode?

besides the replacement of the original logo and the end of the pitch reel, are there any other edits that you know of?

As for the secodn season opening being on a trailer, maybve disney wanted to surprise fans with the original opening. They kept saying that there were debates over whether or not it would be included, and every time there are updates involving the sets, there was no mention of which openign would be included. having the second season opening in a trailer could have been there as a tease (or maybe the promo was made before a final decision was made).

8. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

The first season opening is on there?!

Okay, I know we've been complaining that Kermit's "What the he** was that all about?" has been cut, but c'mon! This set will ROCK! I'd gladly give up 2 seconds to get other old stuff we've not seen since...the 70's!

(Good gosh I'm old!)

9. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

You are correct.

10. Fozzie Bear

SEE?! It's getting better and betterer!

11. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

I know that were talking about the Muppet Show here but I've seen a new DVD of Sesame Street that has the episodes of Herricane and that has Kermit in it. And they have left Kermit in it. So thats cool to see.

12. Fozzie Bear

Where'd you find that DVD? I need that one! I had it taped off TV, but would love the clarity of the DVD.

13. minor muppetz

Was the Hurricane episode just released? I didn't think that it would be released this week.

Can you tell me how the video/ DVD release was edited? were there sketches on there? were any complete non-insert scenes edited (I guess the "welcome to sesame street" part and the "sesame street was brought to you by..." parts were edited)?

14. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

I saw it at Walmart.

Now I haven't got it yet. Sorry I just know that Kermit's in it becase it shows Steve Whitmare's name on the back. Now I could be wrong but I know that Kermit has to be in it. Yea yea you think just becase you I say so and that it has SW name on the back could be the he does Ernie but I'm just certain he will be. Sorry if you miss understood me. Please don't give your hopes up. Keep fingers cossed. I'll buy this next coming paycheak.

15. Fozzie Bear

You're officially gonna get a spanking! (Just kidding.) If anybody's seen it for sure, send Phil a review of it!

In the meantime: Season One TMS DVD is ONLY $27.99 at Amazon.com:
    Go to the homepage of www.muppetcentral.com and click the cover of the season set in the upper left hand corner and ORDER THIS BABY!!!

16. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Umm..I have a quick question.

On the MC page explaining what all will be on the TMS:Season1 DVD.. At the bottom it has a wrap-up so to speak saying TMS(Special Edition). Are their two different editions? I know sometimes they release a regular and special edition of certain DVD's.

17. Sean Gaffney

Sean Gaffney New Member

I just got my copy (a store had it in early) and have watched the first 3 episodes. This is some nice stuff. Good picture and sound. I hadn't seen the Connie Stevens or Joel Grey eps in years, and it's great seeing them in their original form (yes, the JG ep has the added bit in the opening, unique to that episode).

The Muppet Morsels are very informative, though I must admit I could do without the splashy animated glitter introducing them.

So far, a great set!

18. minor muppetz

I remember seeing these episodes when they were originally broadcast (althouhg I know that I missed part of part four and might have missed part of part five), but I don't recall Ernie being in the street plot of the hurricane episodes, and I don't think there were any other characters that he could have performed (I have heard that granny Bird was performed by Matt Vogel and voiced by Carroll Spinney, and I know that jerry nelson performed the wolf).

19. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Guys I got bad news :(

I've re-watched the episode with Vincent price because I found it a bit strange...And I now know why......

IT'S BEEN CUT!!!!!!!!

The closing number You've Got A Friend is missing. It goes from the Houses and directly to the goodnight.

20. Sean Gaffney

Sean Gaffney New Member

Hrm. I had noticed the Joel Grey ep was missing Wayne and Wanda and the Newsman, but thought this might be a one-off accident.

I wonder if the masters they used were incomplete?