1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppets Season 1 releases Aug 9, 2005

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by GelflingWaldo, May 20, 2005.

1. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Wow, they cut the whole closer? That sucks.. Man..

I'm sorry, but I just can't be picky anymore. 24 episodes..so their are a few mistakes here and there.. Well.. Look at the positive side..

However, a whole song cut? wow..
  2. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

I haven't noticed that. But I will consider checking each episode for more cuts.
  3. anathema

anathema Active Member

I'm not sure about Wayne/Wanda, but both Newsflashes were added to the show at a later date, so it's not impossible that they grabbed the wrong tape there, but there's no way the Vincent Price ep should be missing an entire song!
  4. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

I'm getting less enthusiastic with this DVD it's supposed to have "Jim Henson Retrospective" film but it has been dropped :( , now Vincent price episode is cut! :boo:
  5. (sigh) I sure wish that GelflingWaldo would return to this forum and give us some answers as to why these edits were made.:(
  6. MuppetDanny

Musical rigths I reckon, I can't see what other reason it could be. I hope it won't happen again in the future season sets :concern:
  7. anathema

anathema Active Member

In view of the news that at least two of the shows have been edited, here's a list of the correct running times for the season:

Juliet Prowse 25'29"
    Connie Stevens 25'26"
    Joel Grey 26'02"
    Ruth Buzzi 25'20"
    *Rita Moreno 25'07"
    Jim Nabors 25'29"
    Florence Henderson 25'25"
    *Paul Williams 25'15"
    *Charles Aznavour 25'09"
    Harvey Korman 25'31"
    *Lena Horne 25'12"
    Peter Ustinov 25'29"
    Bruce Forsyth 25'30"
    *Sandy Duncan 25'12"
    Candice Bergen 25'27"
    Avery Schreiber 25'29"
    Ben Vereen 25'26"
    Phyllis Diller 25'23"
    *Vincent Price 25'05"
    Valerie Harper 25'24"
    *Twiggy 25'09"
    *Ethel Merman 25'08"
    Kaye Ballard 25'28"
    *Mummenschanz 25'08"

These timings are for edits with the 'Sax & Violence' ending followed by the JHP logo. The shows marked with a '*' have Season 2 titles, so their times may be significantly out, but otherwise timings should be accurate to within a few seconds.
  8. anathema

anathema Active Member

Music rights wouldn't explain the Newsflashes...

It does seem a bit odd, especially since the uncut Vincent Price ep was released by Time-Life not so long ago. Still, these things do change :-(
  9. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

The Jim Nabors episode are missing

Song: "Gone With The Wind"
    Danceros

And some sketches have been moved around compared to the kermitage guide.
  10. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

The most logical thing for us to do is ask them why these edits were made. Just need to know how.
  11. MuppetDanny

It's just gets better :rolleyes: :boo:
  12. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

New Cut

Paul Williams
    The opening number "All Of Me"
  13. anathema

anathema Active Member

Have you checked against the MC guide? The Kermitage guide's listing does not match the MC one and IIRC the MC one is accurate.

In fact, since the list of edits is growing longer, would you be able to post a list of episode running times, please?
  14. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

No I haven't checked the MC guide.

Paul Williams 23:19

Another cut.
    Charles Aznavour
    Song: "The Old Fashioned Way"
    Theres a wipe between the 2 backstage sketches
    Running time 22:25
  15. Sean Gaffney

Sean Gaffney New Member

I have a feeling these might all be music rights cuts. Which I was sort of worried about when it was first announced. This kinda sucks, though I can see why Disney did not announce "Hey, Muppet fans, buy our edited box of shows!". Still...
  16. Douglas Fir

Douglas Fir New Member

Wow this sucks! :(

I'm still looking foward to getting the set but I'm glad I kept all my old Time Life DVDs! My only question is didn't Disney say in the press release that these were uncut episodes?
  17. MuppetDanny

This is getting ridiculous! :grouchy: I'm glad I have not ordered my copy. Maybe we should wait for the UK/European release and hope those will be uncut.
  18. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Thats all the cuts as I can see.

Alex heres the running time of the other cut episodes

Joel Grey 24:34
    Jim Nabours 21:10
    Vincent price 22:48
  19. Animal

Animal New Member

WHAT????????

PLEASE tell me this is just a bad dream!!! This can´t be right. Why did Disney screw us like that???
    I´m glad I didn´t ordered my set yet. Now I will wait and see what happens.
    They really have to make new copies of the cutted episodes on the set.

BTW, on the old VHS release "Monster Laughs w/Vincent Price", they also cut the song "You´ve Got A Friend". Maybe they have used the same master???

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DISNEY!!!!!!! :boo: :boo: :boo:
  20. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

Well...I won't be getting these TMS Season 1 DVD because of these cut versions of these episodes:

Pitch Reel- Kermit saying "What the **** was that?"
    Joel Grey- Wayne & Wanda, Muppet News
    Jim Nabors- Gone With The Wind, Danceros
    Paul Williams- All of Me
    Charles Aznavour- The Old-Fashioned Way
    Vincent Price- You Got a Friend