Muppets Season 1 releases Aug 9, 2005

MWoO

Reaction score
40 is actually pretty standard for season box sets. When you look at it on a per episode cost it's a nice price. If the season were only 12 episodes long, then it would be steep.

I think including the sex and violence piolot is really cool. Most people haven't even seen it. I only saw it because I downloaded a bad copy off of the net.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure yet if we are getting both the Valentines pilot and the Sex and Violence pilot? I have not seen either of these, nor most of the muppet show, so having both of these would be a big treat.

EDIT: I should read the thread more throughly, the exact same question was just asked. Whoops!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
pppapazo said:
I'm pretty sure it has to do with the music rights. When Henson paid for the rights to use the songs on the Muppet Show, they likely only payed for television/syndication rights. Oftentimes, additional royalties have to be paid for the rights to use the music on video/DVD.

As for the Sesame Street characters, I'm pretty sure that Disney's agreement with Henson and Sesame Workshop allows them to use all material with Sesame or Fraggle characters without editing so long as the merchandise is not marketed using any of these characters. The same goes for Sesame Street's use of Kermit.
Hummmm, I would think after Disney letting SW use the word "Muppet" (look on the VERY bottem of a New SS dvd) you think SW wouldn't have a prob with Disney useing :stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy: and Big Bird

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Please Support Tvshowondvd.com it's a great site and if you are going to order online do it through there links

We've added a release for "Muppet Show, The" to the site. "Season
1" will be released on 8/09/2005. For all the information, you may visit http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releaseinfo.cfm?ReleaseID=4897

Please help support TVShowsOnDVD.com by ordering the title from the links on our
site. It's through people using those links that we are able to operate the
site.

Buy this title from:
Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009ULBGS/tvshowsondvdcom
DVDPlanet.com: http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=26864318&siteid=37636963&bfpid=58563&bfmtype=standard
This site:

You were sent this email because you have expressed interest in having
"Muppet Show, The" released on DVD. If you no longer want to receive
these emails you may change the setting in your User Options - "Change
Account Information".

Thanks,
TVShowsOnDVD.com

foofoocakes

Reaction score
Better Price!

I pre ordered TMS season 1 on Amazon for 27.99 on Saturday! Woo hooo :smile:

P

Philip Kippel

Can't wait for this set.

Still hoping that the original Season 1 main titles will be included.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Has it been said if it will have Subtitles? It says Closed-captioned on Amizon, that means subtitles right? I certainly hope they do, i don't know, i just like having that option. :smile:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
Has it been said if it will have Subtitles? It says Closed-captioned on Amizon, that means subtitles right? I certainly hope they do, i don't know, i just like having that option. :smile:
It has not been said if it will have subtitles. Hopefully it will, but I have not heard back one way or the other yet. Hopefully in the coming week I'll be able to get an answer on this issue. Also, subtitles and closed-captioning are diffrent things; they serve the same purpose (being able to read the spoken words), but they work and appear diffrently.