Muppets Season 1 releases Aug 9, 2005

Beauregard

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Yes, you are correct. Jerry Juhl has been one of the big players in the production of these sets. He is apparently on great terms with the Muppets (although I wouldn't expect to see him writting the next Muppet screenplay or television project).
May I ask why?

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
I wonder if the Brian Henson intros from the Odyssey Channel will be included - or the various "Muppetisms" and "Movie Mania" clips?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i was thinking about the piolet eps. and there might be a problem with the valentine day one because of both Ernie and Bert being in the closing credits. thats just a terroy but was not Ernie in sex and violence as well.

beaker

Reaction score
For that original pilot bonus feature, is that going to be Sex and violence from 1974?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
We dont know im hoping its both piolets but we are not sure which one it is. Oh Beaker i really think that this DVD box set will show you and some others fans who are kind of upset with most of what Disney is doing with the muppets., that they are not all bad. They seem to be putting a whole lot of time love and energy into this. I mean there doing a tribute to Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!! that in itself is enogh for me. Because when Disney bought the muppets i thought that they where totaly forget about the one who created them in the frist place. Thats not the case though they are trying to pull as many people from Jim's life & TMS life to really make this a wonderfull DVD.

Oh yea and on a side note about muppet morsuls. They did somthing like that on the "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" DVD and i really got a lot out of it. If your a true Muppet fan you will defently love this featuer i think.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
beaker said:
For that original pilot bonus feature, is that going to be Sex and violence from 1974?
At this point I have been unable to get a clear answer if the item everyone is calling "Original Pilot" means the set will have "The Muppets Valentine Show", "The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence", or both. I was told by someone working on the set that the DVD producers wanted to include both pilots but due to space avalible on the discs they may not be able to fit both (but they still hope both can be included), if both do not make the cut for season one the unreleased pilot may be included on the season 2 set. And if only one pilot makes it onto season 1, no one I've been able to get a hold of has been able to tell me which one it will be. Hopefully the answer to this surfaces before August 9th. Only time will tell if we get "Sex and Violence, "The Valentine Show", or both.

Oliver

Reaction score
While 'The Valentine Special' has always been one of my most anticipated and hopeful releases and I much prefer it to the original 'Sex & Violence' pilot episode... I hope that 'Sex & Violence' is included in this set if only one because at least 'The Valentine Special' can be worked into a seperate solo release timed for the holidays (I hope). If 'Sex & Violence' doesn't make it into this Season One release for whatever reason though, it's doubtful that we'll ever see it resurface in any other context on DVD. I assume the title alone would be deemed too "controversial" to release individually in conjunction with The Muppets franchise under Disney's strict p.c. guidelines. I hope both make it though, and if not, I hope Disney sees fit to release 'The Valentine Special' later this year as a promotional holiday release.

pppapazo

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
i was thinking about the piolet eps. and there might be a problem with the valentine day one because of both Ernie and Bert being in the closing credits. thats just a terroy but was not Ernie in sex and violence as well.
Ernie and Bert appear in one of the Season 1 episodes as well, but there should be no problem whatsoever for Disney to put any episodes with Sesame characters on DVD.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow not enough room on the DVDs that means these are really going to have a lot of specal featurs. If they are really wanting to get both piolets on seaon one they should do like they did with ER season one. they had reversed DVDs. Which means that they had shows and thing on both sides of the DVD ya know kind of the way Sony did all the Muppet movie DVDs. They could put both piolets and some extra featers on one side of the frist DVD and then on the other side start out with the Frist Epp. Not all the box sets would have to be this way i mean i bought ER season 3 and it is the normal one sidded DVD. Just a suggestion :smile:

I did not know that Bert and Ernie also appered in a show from Season one
Thanks for the info. :concern: