My Kidnapper, I Thee Wed: Coffee’s Story

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Gwack! She called Jareth... Poofy. I LOVE IT.

It's so discombobulating, she's bouncing all over the place, alot like Sarah. When you're reading it, you sort of feel like you're in the Labyrinth and when you turn the corner everything is different. Also I said this before but it reminds me SO much of Mirrormask. I think it's cause the plot is very similar, and the crazy circumstances are very similar.

Also, I hate to be this person who nitpicks, so I'm sorry, but did you mean to say claustrophobic? Or was the joke that they both got it wrong?

Pork

Reaction score
I watched Labyrinth today. I hadn't seen it before. I am so in love with it. I then decided to read this story cause I wanted some more Labyrinth goodness. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! I love Coffee, what a great character.

Thanks for writing this
*hugs*

*waits for next chapter* XD

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Yesh, Pepper!
That was the joke. XP ****!
Jareth is depicted as sly, intelligent, and cunning.
Well, I kinda decided to kind of add a bit of sense of humor to his dark character.

xP Since I am terrible at describing evil smirks, maniacal expressions, and the like. But I promise he won't act so silly...he WAS in a good mood. XP ****! Good observation, Peps...XP HEEHEE!

AAAHH! PORKUMS! ISN'T IT GREAT?
Sarah makes us teen girls looketh bad. xP

HA! *HUGS PORK*

I'm so gonna have to pm you and ask you about it.
*BIG FAN*

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Umm... Claudy, Mirrormask is a movie. A Jim Henson Company movie that came out at the end of 2005/beginning of 2006. It's very much in the same vein as Labyrinth was. It was written by sci-fi/fantasy author Neil Gaiman and designed by illustrator Dave McKean (sp?). It would seriously blow your mind.

The website is still up... Go to http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/mirrormask/ and click "Enter the site" on the left, you can watch the previews.

Edit: No! I'm glad Jareth is quirky, it's cool. I don't see it as too out of character... look where he lives! In a freakin' puzzle. You'd be nuts too.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Pffeh... Imagine how much worse it is for Pinhead, trapped inside a Rubik's cube. Oy, that's the worst contraption invented by man. Now then... Claudi! Post more! Please?

Pork

Reaction score
Pffeh... Imagine how much worse it is for Pinhead, trapped inside a Rubik's cube. Oy, that's the worst contraption invented by man. Now then... Claudi! Post more! Please?
No Way! The Rubiks Cube is an awesome invention! Mind you, I wouldn't like to be trapped inside one.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I...what?

Jareth held the glass cup by its long, elegant stem, slender fingers wrapped around it with a gentle firmness. He casually inhaled the bitter-sweet scent of its blood-crimson content, registering the flavors through smell. He pressed his lips against the smooth rim, allowing the wine to slide down his throat. After a few modest sips, he directed his attention to his nervous captive from across the elongated table.
She shook violently in his presence. It wasn’t of what she had been through that frightened her; It was his air of confidence that made her state of mind wane and her buoyancy falter. Her security lessened with the sight of her tattered, filthy clothes standing out into the open like an old rusty telescope in the middle of a room. A feeling of shame sunk into her chest. But she’d never tell—she’d never give him the satisfaction of knowing her utter embarrassment.
A few minutes passed as an unnerving silence haunted the beautiful dining room.
Knowing her incapacity to withstand awkward pauses, she attempted a nervous hum.
The rhythm she captured in her casual humming soothed her somewhat, but this was only too soon and too temporary to last. After three minutes she found her defense wither under his pensive gaze.
“I have a Labyrinth to solve, don’t I?” She said frantically, with a nervous giggle.
“Au contraire,” He said plainly. “You’ve lost.”
No matter in what manner he expressed her loss, it was clear that she was distraught by the news. Having been standing there for the last few seconds, she found herself sinking back into her chair with a look of defeat crossing her pale features. She suppressed tears from escaping her black eyes.
She looked up briskly, unsure of what to make of the situation. “I still had time…what did I do wrong?” She asked.
“You never believed you were in the Labyrinth in the first place, which gave my Labyrinth a “hollow effect”—meaning you went through paths that were not meant to be. You still, even after all this time, supposed you were in a silly old story book…when really, you were here…and continue to be. You thought all this was a dream. You would have never made it to the castle…” He paused, “Did you understand?”
“Huh?” She said, tilting her head to the side. (XP)
“I don’t repeat myself very often so listen carefully.” He said, appearing next to her.
She fell off her chair from fright. She looked at the ceiling, not wanting to confront what was just said.
He lay next to her, supporting his upper half with a lone elbow. “You forfeited even before you started. End of story.” He explained.
Tiffany looked to him, bewildered, “All because I did not believe…?” she was stopped.
“Exactly! Cheers to our new beginning.” He said, raising his cup in her honor.

Pork

Reaction score
:embarrassed: How dare he!

oh, poor Coffe. I love the "Huh?"

XD