New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

cherrypotion27

Reaction score
My Introductory Post

Hi, I was just in a discussion with another member here who read things into my intro and Profile that just aren't there, so I thought I'd come here and clarify things.

First of all, Fraggle Rock is my favorite Jim Henson show, with Labyrinth being my favorite JH movie. Just because I remember Mr. Hooper (Will Lee) hardly makes me a total Sesame Street fanatic, as this particular member seems to think. I was born in the early 70's and grew up on "Oldskool" Sesame Street, so of course I remember Mr. Hooper. Don't get me wrong, I do like Sesame Street, but just because I remember Mr. Hooper hardly makes Sesame Street my fav JH show.

And this member's angry responses to my reply to his first e-mail really baffle me. I never said I didn't want to chat or discuss Sesame Street, nor was i dissing him like he seems to think. Why would I diss someone I don't even know? And another example of him reading things into my words here is his statement about me being "someone in need". I'm assuming he's referring to my mental illnesses and physical disabilities. But that doesn't make me someone "in need". In fact, my life is going pretty well right now. I'm living in a group home for women with mental illness, and quite happy there.

Anyhow, just thought I'd clarify things, for future reference.

Patricia/cherrypotion27

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Sorry about that member! This place is supposed to be fun and cheerful. But the important thing to remember is to not get caught in some drama on this forum. They need to know that this is a drama free forum. Something may be going on in their own lives, but that is no reason to take it out on you.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Hey, I just came across this thread and thought I would say hello. I joined last year but only recently have had the time to sit down and enjoy it. I live in Japan and the muppets are not well known here. Sesame street is quite popular, but it is kind of strange to watch the Japanese version. Of course it is still great, but not quite the same. They showed Fraggle Rock here when I was young, but that is basically the extent of the Muppets here in Japan. Sony Creative Products released a Muppet line of merchandise, so hopefully that will create more demand for the Muppets.

Anyway just wanted to say hi!
Hi simauia , so gland that you have come to join this great place , i know what you mean about joining on a year ago and then just now coming i joined the summer of o6 and did not have the time to come util january or so of o7 .
glad that you are here .
i hope that you get to buy some of the great muppet movies that are out there they are so much fun .
The Great muppet caper is one of my favertites .:smile:

roschler

Reaction score
Hello all, Just introducing myself to the forum. I'm a long time muppet fan from way back. Still miss Dinosaurs terribly. I thought baby Sinclair was worthy of becoming the next "Elmo" in popularity and hilarity.

Pip Pip Hooray

Reaction score
Hi to all my fellow muppet enthusiasts!

I can't tell you how excited I was when I came across Muppet Central... and am a little irritated with myself that I hadn't found it earlier!

I've been a HUGE fan of Jim Henson for as long as I can remember! Stems back from very early childhood... first of course because of my daily love of watching Sesame Street (sometimes twice a day because here in Australia it would screen morning and afternoon!)

Secondly... my love affair was mainly because my Dad was a toy buyer for major department stores and then a toy seller with Jim Henson being one of his big licences (don't I wish I had a collectors state of mind when a child?)

I'll never forget the day my Dad came back from a trip to the U.S with a a signed photo of Jim with a Gorg in one hand and a VHS cassett of The Fraggles in the other! His excitement was contagious. It wasn't released out here in Australia yet so we all sat and watched it and instantly my love of Fraggles began! Boober and the Dozers being my stand out faves!

Before Fraggles... of course there were The Muppets! I have wonderful and very happy memories of EVERY Friday night sitting in front of our TV on a big purple blanket with my three siblings... eating Fish and Chips and watching The Muppet Show.. it was ALWAYS the highlight of my week!

And then there's Labyrinth... my all time favourite Jim Henson movie! I loved it so much I even wrote a class play in primary school where I wrote, starred and directed a re-enactment of the Labyrinth... I cringe a little as I write that! :smile: I was not only inlove with the movie but I did have a big crush on Jared/David Bowie too I have to admit which would probably explain why I cast myself... a young girl... as a cross dressing Goblin King!

My favourite Muppet Movie is Muppets in Space... real rib tickler that one!

And Pepe the King Prawn okay! I can't say enough about Pepe.. he is my hero... my little crayfish cutie! I've never laughed so much or so hard at any character before! Which is why I say... Pepe for President! :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to all the future Muppet Central Fun I'm yet to have!

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
HI! My name is Jeany Sanchez and I love the Muppets. And Our family got a new house in Orlando. I can't wait to see my new house this christmas. My new house. The Plan is 1,923 Square feet and they have 3 Bedrooms and 2 bath and living, Kitchen, Dining and including Family too. I can't wait to go to my new house.

PinkTribeChick

Reaction score
Welcome to MC, Roschler and Jeany! Hope you enjoy your stay here!
And Roschler, I agree with you about Baby Sinclair - he ROCKS! :smile:

Ael

Reaction score
Noob

Very cool. Found you while searching for "Secret Life of Toys"
I need to get out in the cyber world more often.
For sure :flirt:

anytimepally

Reaction score
Hello all, Just introducing myself to the forum. I'm a long time muppet fan from way back. Still miss Dinosaurs terribly. I thought baby Sinclair was worthy of becoming the next "Elmo" in popularity and hilarity.
Hi to all my fellow muppet enthusiasts!

I can't tell you how excited I was when I came across Muppet Central... and am a little irritated with myself that I hadn't found it earlier!

I've been a HUGE fan of Jim Henson for as long as I can remember! Stems back from very early childhood... first of course because of my daily love of watching Sesame Street (sometimes twice a day because here in Australia it would screen morning and afternoon!)

Secondly... my love affair was mainly because my Dad was a toy buyer for major department stores and then a toy seller with Jim Henson being one of his big licences (don't I wish I had a collectors state of mind when a child?)

I'll never forget the day my Dad came back from a trip to the U.S with a a signed photo of Jim with a Gorg in one hand and a VHS cassett of The Fraggles in the other! His excitement was contagious. It wasn't released out here in Australia yet so we all sat and watched it and instantly my love of Fraggles began! Boober and the Dozers being my stand out faves!

Before Fraggles... of course there were The Muppets! I have wonderful and very happy memories of EVERY Friday night sitting in front of our TV on a big purple blanket with my three siblings... eating Fish and Chips and watching The Muppet Show.. it was ALWAYS the highlight of my week!

And then there's Labyrinth... my all time favourite Jim Henson movie! I loved it so much I even wrote a class play in primary school where I wrote, starred and directed a re-enactment of the Labyrinth... I cringe a little as I write that! :smile: I was not only inlove with the movie but I did have a big crush on Jared/David Bowie too I have to admit which would probably explain why I cast myself... a young girl... as a cross dressing Goblin King!

My favourite Muppet Movie is Muppets in Space... real rib tickler that one!

And Pepe the King Prawn okay! I can't say enough about Pepe.. he is my hero... my little crayfish cutie! I've never laughed so much or so hard at any character before! Which is why I say... Pepe for President! :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to all the future Muppet Central Fun I'm yet to have!
HI! My name is Jeany Sanchez and I love the Muppets. And Our family got a new house in Orlando. I can't wait to see my new house this christmas. My new house. The Plan is 1,923 Square feet and they have 3 Bedrooms and 2 bath and living, Kitchen, Dining and including Family too. I can't wait to go to my new house.
welcome, guys! :big_grin: