New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

shimauta

Reaction score
Muppet fan in Japan

Hey, I just came across this thread and thought I would say hello. I joined last year but only recently have had the time to sit down and enjoy it. I live in Japan and the muppets are not well known here. Sesame street is quite popular, but it is kind of strange to watch the Japanese version. Of course it is still great, but not quite the same. They showed Fraggle Rock here when I was young, but that is basically the extent of the Muppets here in Japan. Sony Creative Products released a Muppet line of merchandise, so hopefully that will create more demand for the Muppets.

Anyway just wanted to say hi!

anytimepally

Reaction score
Hey, I just came across this thread and thought I would say hello. I joined last year but only recently have had the time to sit down and enjoy it. I live in Japan and the muppets are not well known here. Sesame street is quite popular, but it is kind of strange to watch the Japanese version. Of course it is still great, but not quite the same. They showed Fraggle Rock here when I was young, but that is basically the extent of the Muppets here in Japan. Sony Creative Products released a Muppet line of merchandise, so hopefully that will create more demand for the Muppets.

Welcome! :zany: ... hope you like it here!

ProudMuppetTerp

Reaction score
Hello, I've been lurking on and off for awhile. Reportedly I got really excited in my high chair as a baby whenever the muppet show themesong came on. I grew up on the muppet babies, but never articulated my deep affection for muppetness until I was a teenager.

Trying to come across the perfect career in undergrad, I tried to figure out how I could make a living as a Jim Henson expert. Didn't come up with much, proposal to do an undergrad thesis on Sesame Street in different countries didn't work out, went on to do it on Children's lit, went to grad school to become an SLP, hated practicum, never got my license.

Wake up one day and realize I was born to be a librarian. For children. After a brief stint getting my act together in France and getting married, I end up at the University of Maryland. One day start squealing in the middle of a cell phone conversation with my husband after spotting Jim Henson and Kermit the Frog having a conversation on a park bench outside the student union. Sure, they turned out to be bronze, but I couldn't believe my luck. How did I read Jim Henson: The Works so many times and not realize I'd applied to and been accepted to his alma mater?

Since then I've seen Jane Henson speak, sung happy birthday to Jim in a crowded auditorium with an eye-studded right hand, treated myself after finals to a library viewing of The Timepiece and the sesame street episode where Mr. Hooper dies, and seen Mokey the Fraggle at our performing arts library.

Life is amazing sometimes.
Anyway, a pleasure to meet you all!

Flavio

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm Flavio...I joined a while ago and never really got a chance to post...So hi to all!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Pleasure to meet you, Zach! It's always good to see some of the younger generation getting to love the Muppets! Glad to have you around!

Quack

Reaction score
Hey, I'm Matt. I new to the forum so I am Newbie, I first became a Muppets fan at a Very young age. Being 13 Now I still love them. Check out my profile for more infomation on my favorite character, movie, and tv show. PS: I Love Ducks ^_^ :smile: Kermit forever!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
hello community!
Me reading here for about 2 month now, and much like it!
so much great other muppets to see, pages with unpayable tips and tutorials from professional builders and puppeteers! you are all so great for sharing your knowledge and love for muppets! me very happy to found this place :smile:

Me called Terry Bill and it seems like Me being the first (terrible) try of building a muppet on the cheapest way...by my real pal Timo Lieben, a oneofakind nice guy from berlin with a lot of love for strange funny hobbies, sharing his living room with me now and becoming more friends every day by doing everything together!
In future Me trying to help Timo, to promote some of his hobbies like fingerskateboarding, yo-yo and other jugglings together with him in hope to become more attention that way or perhaps just get into some funny situations...and perhaps also show you some of it...

also Me treating Timo to build another one or perhaps buy a professional friend from JB in time... Me so In love with his creations: MUCH RESPECT!
Timo now has the great new melonhead-pattern from project-puppets in hands and noobfully trys to learn stitching... ha ha
to end my first post Me show you a pic of us both: http://www.bilder-hosting.de/show/5JG0D.html
greetingz
That's a very nice puppet!Welcome to Muppet Central!

Hi There! I'm Jess......

Nice little forum you've got here :smile:
Hi Jess! Glad you've joined us here! And thanks, we try!

Glad you've come to say Hello! It's nice to meet you, shimauta. It the Dark Crystal popular there. Because, Jim Henson said in an interview that it was, but that it bombed in the us as many of us Muppet fans already know.

Hello, I've been lurking on and off for awhile. Reportedly I got really excited in my high chair as a baby whenever the muppet show themesong came on. I grew up on the muppet babies, but never articulated my deep affection for muppetness until I was a teenager.

Trying to come across the perfect career in undergrad, I tried to figure out how I could make a living as a Jim Henson expert. Didn't come up with much, proposal to do an undergrad thesis on Sesame Street in different countries didn't work out, went on to do it on Children's lit, went to grad school to become an SLP, hated practicum, never got my license.

Wake up one day and realize I was born to be a librarian. For children. After a brief stint getting my act together in France and getting married, I end up at the University of Maryland. One day start squealing in the middle of a cell phone conversation with my husband after spotting Jim Henson and Kermit the Frog having a conversation on a park bench outside the student union. Sure, they turned out to be bronze, but I couldn't believe my luck. How did I read Jim Henson: The Works so many times and not realize I'd applied to and been accepted to his alma mater?

Since then I've seen Jane Henson speak, sung happy birthday to Jim in a crowded auditorium with an eye-studded right hand, treated myself after finals to a library viewing of The Timepiece and the sesame street episode where Mr. Hooper dies, and seen Mokey the Fraggle at our performing arts library.

That's a great soory! And how great is that that you ended up going to the same school as he did, too!

Hi all, I'm Flavio...I joined a while ago and never really got a chance to post...So hi to all!
Hi you you, Flavio! Glad you fanally got a chance to say post! Welcome!

Hey, I'm Matt. I new to the forum so I am Newbie, I first became a Muppets fan at a Very young age. Being 13 Now I still love them. Check out my profile for more infomation on my favorite character, movie, and tv show. PS: I Love Ducks ^_^ :smile: Kermit forever!
Always glad to meet someone new! That's really cool that you like ducks!

anytimepally

Reaction score

Welcome, all! :big_grin: .. it's always nice to have new people join in the insanity that is Muppet Central!