1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Phillip, Sep 6, 2002.

1. MuppetRican

MuppetRican New Member

Wuttup Muppet Family!
  2. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Hey! Nice to drop by! Welcome to Muppet Central Forum. It's nice to meet you. Can you explain more about yourself, please?
    I hope you enjoy it here.
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Hi, MuppetRican! Welcome to the forum. I really hope you enjoy it here a lot!
  4. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

To all new members!!!

Oh, there's no fire in the fireplace
    There's no carpet on the floor
    Don't try to order dinner
    There's no kitchen anymore
    But if the road's been kinda bumpy
    And you need to rest a spell
    Well, welcome home to Happiness Hotel

Warning- MC may cause addiction, idenity crisis, earthquakes, floods and tornadoes. Please do not drink things at your computer if you laugh easily. Also call your doctor if you should turn green. Thank you and enjoy your stay with us! :)
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  5. Jim and Frank

Jim and Frank New Member

HI ho, guys.I've loved the muppets all my life, especially:eek:. I love the magic of Henson's creatures, and the thing's Jim could do. I love the Muppet's take Manhattan, closely followed by the Muppet movie! I don't like Muppet's from space much, sorry:concern:. Of course, I love the Muppet Show, but who doesn't? I have always dreamed to work with the Muppet's, so I hope I can write many fan fiction's.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Hi, Jim and Frank! Welcome to the forum. And don't worry there, not many people care for MFS 'round these parts, so you're not alone (I'm one of them, in fact). And that will be great if you're going to be writing some fan-fics. We always love new MC fanficers come in. :) (love the username, btw)
  7. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I think I'm alone in the fact I DO like Muppets from Space DX
    Fragglemuppet and CaseytheMuppet like this.
  8. Jim and Frank

Jim and Frank New Member

Thanks Hubert, the words match perfectly. Please look at my first fan fiction, Kermit's diary. I've only just started it off, but I need comments so I can continue. Please check it out, thank you.

That's alright Floyd, but out of all the Muppet movie's it's probably the most unMuppety.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  9. FrackleFan2012

It's nice to meet you, Jim and Frank!
    I hope you like it there. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum! :)
  10. Dizzyactress

Dizzyactress New Member

Thanks! That's good to know!
  11. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Oh, cool. I'll have to check that out at some point soon, and will definitely comment then. :)
  12. Muppetbabylover

Muppetbabylover New Member

What a wonderful surprise to find a place to talk about Muppets! I look forward to reading everything. I did a search for Muppet Show Blu Ray and the first result was the post from here. I in high school when The Muppet Show aired and it's strange but every teenager in our neighborhood would come over to watch it with me. So I've been too old for them since the day they aired.
    Fragglemuppet and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  13. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Muppetbabylover! Too old for them, you say? :eek: You're never too old for the good old Muppets. ;) But anyway, welcome to the forum!
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  14. FrackleFan2012

Hi, Muppetbabylover! Welcome to Muppet Central Forum.
    I hope you enjoy your stay. My mother used to watch The Muppet Show in Wales. I always loved The Muppet Show ever since I first watched it on television. The Muppets have been one of the fads of the 1970's.
  15. Artberto

Artberto New Member

Hi to all! I'm new to this forum. In fact, just joined today. I been a big fan of the Muppets since Sesame Street started it's run way back when in, I think it was 1969. I was six and found them wonderful and continue to feel the same way about them. I love the Muppet show and the movies and countless specials. They're the reason I wanted to be a puppeteer. So there you have it.
  16. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Hi, Artberto, welcome to the forum! Sesame did start in 1969, and it's nice to hear that you've been a fan for so long! And it's also great that you want to be/are a puppeteer. You might find the puppetry section of the forum great for advice, tips, and even sharing your work
  17. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Fragglemuppet and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  18. Artberto

Artberto New Member

Thank you. Though I have loved puppetry the better part of my life I didn't become a puppeteer until I was in my late thirties. I started with marionettes at a puppet theater in Dallas learning how to operate them, then, out of need, teaching myself how to fix them. Eventually I started to make them too. Still, my knowledge is quite limited to the work I done. I've never been to a workshop or to a convention. I'd love to do both someday but in the meantime I learn from books and videos along with a lot of trail and error. I glad to be a part of this group with like minded folk. I look forward to chatting, learning and sharing whatever I can from the little I know.

I work as freelance artist. which covers a lot of ground for me. I've worked as an actor, as a circus clown and of course, a puppeteer. Presently, I do educational presentations as a comical character who teaches about water conservation and preservation to elementary school- age children. Some of it does involve puppetry but only in a minor way. Last year I did some puppetry at Seaworld using marionettes in cabaret style. The marionettes were Halloween themed. I'm also an illustrator. And a parent which keeps me pretty busy too.

Cheers is a great show. I know it well. All the characters would look great as Muppets.
  19. FrackleFan2012

It's nice to see you, Artberto. I'm so surprised that you are a fan of Sesame Street since it started in 1969. Anyway, welcome to Muppet Central Forum. I hope you enjoy your stay. I hope you enjoy puppetry! :)

Wow! That's awesome. I'm sure the audience loved it. Great job!
  20. Garthim Fight

Garthim Fight New Member

Hey All, I'm new to the forum! I've checked this forum for awhile now concerning any news and rumors. I've always been a Henson fan with The Muppet Show and Dark Crystal being my favorites. I recently went through my large collection of figures (Muppets, Star Wars, etc.) and I'm hoping to do some trading with other fans. Cheers!