New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Barbaroo52

Reaction score
HELLO!!!

Hello, Muppet :smile: Fans!

I found this Forum through a link on another Forum, so I figured I would come check this place out!
I am 50 :cool: years old, and I am a long time Fan of the Muppets...especially the Sesame Street Muppets!
I am a REAL big Elmo :smile: Fan, and I collect everything I can find that pertains to him!
I hope to find some other Elmo :excited: Fans here!!!

Barbaroo

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Re: HELLO!!!

Originally posted by Barbaroo52
I am 50 :cool: years old
Barbaroo
WOW! 50 Zoot years?! That's so cool!

Come to think of it, I don't really like plain old years anymore. How to I start living in Zoot years? :big_grin:

WELCOME TO MUPPET CENTRAL!

:wink:

-Matt

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Re: Re: HELLO!!!

Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Come to think of it, I don't really like plain old years anymore. How to I start living in Zoot years?
zoot doesn't remember a single thing about himself....he probably thinks he's still in his early 20's.......

50 huh!? now i feel young again! oh sorry..no offense...

ryan

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Re: HELLO!!!

Originally posted by Barbaroo52

I hope to find some other Elmo :excited: Fans here!!!

Barbaroo
Barbaroo, don't worry. Most of us on here do like Elmo to some degree. Even if we won't admit it! :halo: <--- looks a little like Elmo... sorta.

Welcome!

vaderdentist

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I am a newbie and I have been a muppet fan since the 70's. I would have to say that Animal is my favorite classic muppet but also I have to mention Pepe..........he is my new muppet favorite. Pepe officially cracks me up just by looking at him.........then he speaks and well, I don't have to tell you how funny that is. I found a local puppet maker while doing a puppet/muppet search one day. I came across someone one the internet that actually lives only a few miles from me. So I called her up and we got together and discussed reproducing Animal from my old FP Animal puppet. I insisted that he be a full sized puppet. With all the details, she explained that he would be in the 400 dollar range!!!
So off the bat I expected quality. It took about 8 weeks to get him, but he was a puppet of excellent quality. His head was all wrong though. I didn't complain too much, but I did ask her to redo his eyes. Since I have redone them 4 times. I am still not pleased with them but they are 400 percent better than the first time I saw him. I am an accuracy freak what can I say. His head is still too high but that is actually easier to fix than anything else I have done. I also altered his costume somewhat. I plan on making him some brown trousers with ragged bottoms. After I made a few alterations on him I spoke with her again and she gave me some huge pointers on other parts of the puppet.........in fact, she described making him in every aspect. So now I'm totally hooked........I have to make my own muppet. my very first attempt is Pepe............he is much too big, but he is more or less shaped correctly. I butchered 2 tiny little infant sweat jackets to make his four armed jacket. Then of course I had to tackle Kermit, the most profiled muppet there is. I accidentally found this board yesterday....................I am thrilled there are so many muppet fans in one place. I have gotten emails from several folks welcoming me to the board and I am truly thankful. I look forward to working with you folks and hopefully I can contribute in my own small way to making Muppets!
Dave :smile:

puppets_etc

Reaction score
WELCOME! And just let me be the first to tell you that everyone on this site is so wonderful they give you the warm and fozzies.:smirk: Er, fuzzies:embarrassed:.

And if anyone finds out that I just said that, I will deny it to the death.:eek:

So, anyway, welcome and le the fun begin!!!!!

Deb:flirt:

whydah

Reaction score
This thread is big...

Where to start? I'm (user)named after a pirate ship, seventeen years old (eighteen in two months-ish), I live in Scotland, and I've been a Muppet fan since I can remember.

My favourite is definitely Rowlf, then Fozzie and Pepe (at the moment, they switch around. Except Rowlf!). I would kill for the Fisher Price puppet of Rowlf, but have an inherent fear of eBay. Shall overcome it one day soon. Oh yes, it will be mine... :eek:

My favourite from Sesame Street is Oscar, and from Fraggle Rock it's Boober. We share interests in being grouchy and being boring.

I think I've covered everything... EXCEPT SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION! I have a website here and a livejournal here. Don't all rush at once :wink:

-L