Next Muppet Movie

Marky

Reaction score
Not to sound like a know-it-all, but Marlon Brando's role in Superman was most definately not a cameo. If you want to go by SAG line count, he had a Supporting Principle Role.

He had top billing of the film. Gene Hackman had second billing, Christopher Reeve had third. A cameo is limited to one scene, often uncredited.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Marky said:
Not to sound like a know-it-all, but Marlon Brando's role in Superman was most definately not a cameo. If you want to go by SAG line count, he had a Supporting Principle Role.

He had top billing of the film. Gene Hackman had second billing, Christopher Reeve had third. A cameo is limited to one scene, often uncredited.
Sorry, but that's kinda missing the point of what the conversation was about initially. I was just showing a way that movie's, even back in the 70's, used well known names to promote a movie that starred relatively unknown actors. Whether it be a cameo or not, movies have always and will always use big names to influence the cinema-goers to go see that film. Also, don't forget that Brando would have had to have top billing because Christopher Reeve was a complete unknown at that time. Brando was the reason that most people went to see the movie.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Also, I got the fact that Brando's bit-part in "Superman" was a cameo from various websites and interviews with him. I've been a fan of the movie for many years.

Marky

Reaction score
Mistersuperstar said:
Sorry, but that's kinda missing the point of what the conversation was about initially. I was just showing a way that movie's, even back in the 70's, used well known names to promote a movie that starred relatively unknown actors. Whether it be a cameo or not, movies have always and will always use big names to influence the cinema-goers to go see that film. Also, don't forget that Brando would have had to have top billing because Christopher Reeve was a complete unknown at that time. Brando was the reason that most people went to see the movie.
Okay then... films relied on 'cameos' back then because they were a still interesting, buzzworthy and a big deal. My original point was that this gimmick is not ----

HEY! THERE'S A LITTLE CAKE BY MY NAME!
I'm 33 today!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Marky said:

And wasn't he in some bit(s) of Superman 2, but was cut out, due to the costliness of having him in the film?

Marky

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
And wasn't he in some bit(s) of Superman 2, but was cut out, due to the costliness of having him in the film?
Yes, all that will be restored in the Superman II Richard Donner cut later this month on DVD.

unclematt

Reaction score
He was even in the newest movie, almost two years after his death

Marky

Reaction score
unclematt said:
He was even in the newest movie, almost two years after his death
Yes, he was. That was a cameo. Cameo = one scene. Cameo also = WORD UP!