Old Nickelodeon

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
And is it just me, or do a lot of these teenage girls seem exceptionally photogenic and attractive? I almost feel dirty having the hots for the Thundermans girl. Or the glasses girl from Game Shakers who also did a voice in the Peanuts movie (can't remember if she was Lucy or Violet) - growing up, never saw nerd girls that look like they came from magazines that Big Bang Theory-types of nerds might get.
Despite how I watched a lot of Dan Schneider shows as a kid, I don't remember ever crushing on any of those girls. Although I did have a thing for Teddy from Good Luck Charlie when I was younger. Yup that's right Dan, I turned to the dark side and fell for a Disney girl. I've since grown out of it though.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I was reading a bunch of nostalgia related lists online recently and someone put Bob the Builder on a list of their favorite childhood Nickelodeon shows. That made me wonder:Has that show ever been played on Nickelodeon because that doesn't really sound right to me? I only remember it being aired on PBS

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Speaking of old Nickelodeon, does anybody here recognize the guy on my avatar? It's technically a Robot Chicken version of the character, but it's the same critter nonetheless.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Speaking of old Nickelodeon, does anybody here recognize the guy on my avatar? It's technically a Robot Chicken version of the character, but it's the same critter nonetheless.
It's Ickis from AAHHH!!! Real Monsters. Appropriately enough, the first episode was about the main characters going out on Halloween and having some fun, and even getting him switched up with a kid who just so happened to wear a costume like his.

"Prick your feet!"

Erine81981

Reaction score
And is it just me, or do a lot of these teenage girls seem exceptionally photogenic and attractive? I almost feel dirty having the hots for the Thundermans girl. Or the glasses girl from Game Shakers who also did a voice in the Peanuts movie (can't remember if she was Lucy or Violet) - growing up, never saw nerd girls that look like they came from magazines that Big Bang Theory-types of nerds might get.
Dude I get what your saying. I'm a 36 year old and I feel weird watching any type of Disney or Nickelodeon Tween show cause I get the cringe feeling that I shouldn't be watching this cause I know I would be the creepy uncle who watches those types of tween comedy but I can't get over the fact that to me they are funny and really sweet and cute. Now Thundermans show Pheebe is to me just to cute but I know I'm more or less like a brother then I would be boyfriend type guy but I don't think that much anymore just ever so often I do. *shutters just thinking about it* But I know what you mean

Erine81981

Reaction score
It's Ickis from AAHHH!!! Real Monsters. Appropriately enough, the first episode was about the main characters going out on Halloween and having some fun, and even getting him switched up with a kid who just so happened to wear a costume like his.

"Prick your feet!"
One of my favorites of Classic 90's Nicktoons. I just loved that show. I have the complete show on DVD and have both the SEGA and SNES video games too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dude I get what your saying. I'm a 36 year old and I feel weird watching any type of Disney or Nickelodeon Tween show cause I get the cringe feeling that I shouldn't be watching this cause I know I would be the creepy uncle who watches those types of tween comedy
Now you just made me feel even dirtier. Just out of curiosity, I did some Googling, and Kira Kosarin (Phoebe from Thundermans) is 20, which is, at least, in the same decade as me (though still quite an age difference, as I'm 28); but Madisyn Shipman (Game Shakers) is like a couple of years younger than my niece, so now I too feel like a creepy uncle type.

But as far as Disney girls go . . . ehh, I know I've brought this up before in the past, but honestly, it seems like Disney seems to always go for girls who bear resemblance to one another . . . I mean there was a time where you honestly couldn't tell Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, and Demi Lovatao apart at a glance because they looked like clones of one another; I used to wonder if that was some sort of a conspiracy, but again, I really don't watch a lot of those shows or pay much attention to them anyway. Shows like KENAN AND KEL or ALL THAT! were funny when I was a kid and didn't have a sophisticated or developed sense of humor, but they're pretty much just ridiculous and ludicrous kiddy fluff that hold no interest for me (and I know I've mentioned before what bad, bad actors a lot of these people are, including Miley who has no subtlty or nuance to her performances whatsoever).

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Now you just made me feel even dirtier. Just out of curiosity, I did some Googling, and Kira Kosarin (Phoebe from Thundermans) is 20, which is, at least, in the same decade as me (though still quite an age difference, as I'm 28); but Madisyn Shipman (Game Shakers) is like a couple of years younger than my niece, so now I too feel like a creepy uncle type.

But as far as Disney girls go . . . ehh, I know I've brought this up before in the past, but honestly, it seems like Disney seems to always go for girls who bear resemblance to one another . . . I mean there was a time where you honestly couldn't tell Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, and Demi Lovatao apart at a glance because they looked like clones of one another; I used to wonder if that was some sort of a conspiracy, but again, I really don't watch a lot of those shows or pay much attention to them anyway. Shows like KENAN AND KEL or ALL THAT! were funny when I was a kid and didn't have a sophisticated or developed sense of humor, but they're pretty much just ridiculous and ludicrous kiddy fluff that hold no interest for me (and I know I've mentioned before what bad, bad actors a lot of these people are, including Miley who has no subtlty or nuance to her performances whatsoever).
My mom watched iCarly and Drake & Josh before I was even old enough to enjoy them (I was still at the SpongeBob/Fairly Oddparents age when it came to Nickelodeon). Dad and I used to joke around with her because of it......we still sometimes do lol

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
One of my favorites of Classic 90's Nicktoons. I just loved that show. I have the complete show on DVD and have both the SEGA and SNES video games too.
It's always been one of my favorites, too. I actually forgot all about the show until I was in 6th Grade and saw that the teacher had an AAAHH Real Monsters book in her classroom. I almost automatically remembered the show and then decided to binge it on Netflix when I got home.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Guess what? The whole thing about Dan using awkwardly hot teenage girls in his shows has actually been acknowledged on Family Guy
I'm sorry but if something that isn't from the 80s gets a "Take that!"-style Family Guy joke about it, then it's gotta be pretty bad.