Old Nickelodeon

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm starting to feel like this is a subject Dorkly needs to address in a video, if he hasn't already.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That Family Guy joke forgot to use the repetitive laugh track. Oh well.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Now you just made me feel even dirtier. Just out of curiosity, I did some Googling, and Kira Kosarin (Phoebe from Thundermans) is 20, which is, at least, in the same decade as me (though still quite an age difference, as I'm 28); but Madisyn Shipman (Game Shakers) is like a couple of years younger than my niece, so now I too feel like a creepy uncle type..
Sorry wasn't trying to make you feel even dirtier but I don't care for Game Shakers that much and yes to me they look cute but they don't look hot. So take that into consideration. If you think they are cute then it's ok but don't ever think of as sexy or hot cause then it does make you feel a lot dirtier. I used to like Ariana Grande as in she looks really cute during the Victorious but then I saw her later one and it made me cringe cause I thought she looked really good but then I thought I'm older and she's younger and it wouldn't matter any ways cause I'm not like in love with her. I just thought she was really good looking.

I too have 4 nieces and yet they don't hardly watch any more Nick or Disney that much (unless I don't know) but when they are over at my parents they are always on their phone or computer so I don't ever have to hear them say "You Watch That Show?! Ewwwwww!" Don't worry there are lots of girls out there that look older but aren't then you see ones that look younger and there a lot older. Sorry didn't mean to get off subject one Old Nick. To me this isn't old Nick old Nick to me is late 80's early 90's for me. Hope I made you feel a little un dirtier or maybe less creepy.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
That Family Guy joke forgot to use the repetitive laugh track. Oh well.
Yeah, they missed a good opportunity there. I've always hated the laugh tracks on those shows because it makes me feel like they think the viewers are stupid or something. Yeah, we know when to laugh and don't need to be told when something is funny, thank you very much!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, they missed a good opportunity there. I've always hated the laugh tracks on those shows because it makes me feel like they think the viewers are stupid or something. Yeah, we know when to laugh and don't need to be told when something is funny, thank you very much!
I've heard so many of them that I've pretty much learned to tune then out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well again, laugh tracks don't tell you when to laugh, they recreate the ambience of watching comedy with a group of other people as opposed to by yourself, since comedy is a communal experience and you're more likely to laugh at something funny in the company of others.

On kids shows, however, they're not utilized as efficiently as they are on primetime sitcoms, but that's something that's been going on since the late 60s: watch any Sid & Marty Krofft show, the laugh track is not only repetitive, but there's often laughter when there's nothing funny to laugh at. Then again, part of the problem then was that apparently audiences didn't really know how to react to puppets and people in foam rubber suits.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure about this but didn't The Flintstones also use a laugh track. If so, it was probably one of the few cartoons to do that

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure about this but didn't The Flintstones also use a laugh track. If so, it was probably one of the few cartoons to do that
I don't know if they used one during the time it was on the air (that is when it first aired of course) but I think I remember seeing some on Cartoon Network back in the day that had them but.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Everything back in those days had a laugh track - it was simply industry standard. They actually conducted tests, and comedy shows (live action or animated) that lack laughters (live or simulated) failed with test audiences.

Here's an example of an animated series from yesteryears that got a laugh track for airing:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I was reading a bunch of nostalgia related lists online recently and someone put Bob the Builder on a list of their favorite childhood Nickelodeon shows. That made me wonder:Has that show ever been played on Nickelodeon because that doesn't really sound right to me? I only remember it being aired on PBS
It was part of the Nick Jr. block during the early '00s.