Once Upon My Heart.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No worries... We won't tell anyone you weren't here greenstuff.

And post when ready, we can wait... *Readying muffin cannon.

green stuff

Reaction score
Gah! Don't shoot! Or fire, or whatever it is you do with a cannon! I'm working on it!

green stuff

Reaction score
Anyone ready for more story?? Sorry about yesterday, everyone--my computer kinda died last night, so now I'm trying things out on my new laptop, just until my other computer is up and running again, so my apologies everyone. That, and I have my hands -and every other bodily crevace- full with paperwork and whatnot. I'm busy trying to transfer over to another school next semester, and it's pretty much driving me crazy right now....*sighs-is done with excuses* but--none of that matters, because I owe ya'll some story! I'm getting right to it!

green stuff

Reaction score
Chapter 10
Click. Click. Click.
‘’What are you doing here?’’
‘’I’m on a date--and I could ask the very same of you!’’
‘’Well, I’m different from you, I don’t need to answer to you!’’
‘’No I guess not. But all the same, can’t we just agree to be civil to each other?’’
‘’Civil? Civil? All I was was civil to you! I gave you everything you wanted- everything your little heart desired- and how do you treat me? How do you repay me? By doing THIS to me?! Daisy, you are impossible!’’

Kermit sighed, and stopped typing for a moment. He looked up at the large circular clock in front of is desk. 2:03, Robin was surely at his other job by now. Yet another pang of guilt and nervousness washed over him, letting the full force of what he had done (or rather what he failed to do) hit him once again.

‘’Let’s see- impossible, impossible, impossible…..’’
‘’Ring Ring!’’ Kermit’s office phone made its presence known with its rather shrill sounding ring. Acknowledging this interruption, Kermit groaned loudly, quickly considering the consequences if he didn’t answer the phone. How was a person expected to get any work done with so many distractions? And now, here was another person to bother him. Great.

‘’Good grief,’’ he mumbled, and reluctantly picked up the phone, obviously unhappy at having been bothered while he was on the clock.
‘’Hello, The Frog residence, Kermit speaking……oh hi, Piggy! How are you?………I’m working, sweetheart, you know that……..yeah……..uh huh……….. Oh are they? When did they get back?………oh yeah?………Sure, that’ll be great! It’ll be nice to see Braden again……………No, honey, that’s for when Robin gets home. He’s- huh? Oh, Samantha’s going with you?….Oh good, I’m glad you two are spending some time together…And she’s--oh my goodness, the dynamic duo are together again! I feel sorry for anyone who work in retail today…Listen, listen…honey?………Honey, I have to get back to work now, but uh, can you promise me something? Between the two of you, can you please leave something in the stores?’’

Kermit scrunched up his face at his wife’s response, inching his way from a one to a five on his scale of annoyance in a very short amount of time.
‘’What on Earth is so funny? Piggy- I mean it, don’t go overboard this time- I’m still recovering from the last time you two-- I’m trying to honey, but you keep talking to me!……..Yes, yes, six o’clock……….All right sweetheart, have a nice time……..And I you. Mwah! Bye now!’’

He hung up the phone an sighed again, this time with a happy, frog in love tone. He loved his wife to pieces, but he had to admit, she was a sucker for shopping-especially shopping with her best friend, Samantha. Together, the two of them made Hurricane P.S.

What a stroke of good luck! I couldn’t have planned that better myself! He thought. With Piggy gone shopping with Samantha, she would be well out of the way of the party. Perfect. Kermit shook his head wistfully, as he clicked down the keys on his computer again, when the doorbell rang. Kermit’s head shot up, his face wrinkled in wonderment.

‘’Now who can that be?’’ he wondered aloud.
‘’Coming!’’ he bellowed as he rushed downstairs, flailing every part of his body until he reached the door. Then, breathlessly, he opened to door to find Fozzie on the other side.

‘’Hi-ho, Fozzie!’’ he greeted.
‘’Hiya Kermit! Boy, am I glad to see you!’’
‘’Why? Bad day?’’
‘’Well, it’s-’’
‘’Well come on in, Fozzie, and we’ll talk all about it, In fact , we have an awful lot to talk about…..’’
………………………………................................................................................................
To describe the afternoon that Robin was having in one word: humdrum. He was now at his second job today, which was perhaps the more upsetting one- cleaning the Muppet Theatre. Well, what was left of it, that is. A concert had been held there the night before, and there would be another tonight; so the place had to be in tip top shape. Unfortunately for Robin, this wasn’t exactly going to be an easy task.

Robin stood with his eyes gouged, gazing around at the mess he had to clean up. It was enormous! This equivalent of cleaning up this mess would be like cleaning up after a party at the Boarding House-- after cannons were fired, and cake was had, and tantrums were thrown, and penguins were bored, and dinner was served--and somehow, yellow paint was involved.

There were cans on the floor- so many, Robin could barely see the floor. There were also burnt out glow-sticks and flyers all scattered about on the floor. Somehow, some kind of sticky food had gotten all over the walls, leaving unsightly stains as well as an unpleasant aroma. Food wrappers and plates of all different shapes and sizes were on tables, the stage, and crammed into every possible cranny.

But, perhaps, he marked not the pith of all-the ceiling. And this was the thing that baffled him most--somehow, by God’s grace, a piece of pizza got stuck firmly on the ceiling.

‘’Ughk,’’ Robin commented as he pulled it off using all his strength.
‘’Oh boy,’’ he said to no one really ‘’I know what Gonzo did last night.’’

green stuff

Reaction score
So sorry it took me so long everyone! This is only going to end up being chapter 10, part one. When I post the second part, I'm just going to end up posting it in full, so if that creates some redundency, then sorry..but I promise it'll be well worth it--I hope. Second half coming soon!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
It was a good update... Shows that Kermit's working on all cylinders to get the party perfected. Poor Robin, and here we all thought he loved working at the Muppet Theater even if it was cleaning it up after a rowdy night before. At least, that's what we thought from previous chapters.

Hmmm, wonder if a certain phantomly dragon's there to lend the young frog a hand. Maybe an inspiration/idea for another chapter in the future? Who knows. Great stuff Nicee, look forward to the rest.

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
This is great! Just great! The perfect way for me to spend part of my day off = read some more of your story. I especially liked this part:

"But, perhaps, he marked not the pith of all-the ceiling. And this was the thing that baffled him most--somehow, by God’s grace, a piece of pizza got stuck firmly on the ceiling."

Pizza can be used for some great humor, huh? Although, I do have a question about something Kermit said...

"...And I you."

Did you mean for him to say "And I love you" or did Piggy tell him she loved him and he was replying to her? It kinda confused me.

green stuff

Reaction score
Ok, PuppyLuver...sorry to have confused you. Here's the easiest way I know how to explain. By Kermit's saying, " And I you,'' that's just his little way of saying, ''I love you, too.'' Granted, it's not the best, nicest, or most romantic way to say it, but it gets the job done, I'd say.

Yes, he was replying to Piggy saying, '' I love you,'' though. Have I confused you more? I hope not. If I have, just let me know, ok? It's a weird way to say I love you too, I know, but I grew up in a weird place, what can I say.. So, if I haven't confused the stuffing out of you, then get ready for more sotry- cuz more is coming soon!

Java

Reaction score
Don't have time to say more than good update! Can't wait for more.