Once Upon My Heart.

Leyla

Reaction score
Hey, great job there. Very very sweet and funny. I always like to see Kermit exasperating, and Fozzie certainly has a knack for it. Actually, Kermit's quite on top of his game here with those jokes, and that's nice to see too.

Looking forward to more!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
This is great! I love the comment at the beginning about coffee tasting like Ovaltine with enough sugar. I take it that was a jab at "Hey if you put enough sugar in this, it tastes just like Ginger-Ale!" from The Great Muppet Caper?

I also like the comparison you draw between Fozzie and Kermit- how they're both the same age, but Kermit's married and Fozzie has never even had a girlfriend. I've always found that interesting about Fozzie... And might I add, the idea of hecklers that make Statler and Waldorf look like child's play, just chills me. I love your diction there!

Also, the flashback is wonderful. And then the stuff at the end where Fozzie just can't quite get the idea is priceless! I could actually picture that on The Muppet Show or something, it's definitely something they would do. I like the part about "if Kermit had hair," too. But I absolutely love the last line. Priceless!

MORE PLEASE!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, little things that need a bit of cleaning up when you tackle the next chapter...

But all in all, this was a very good chapter.
Interesting to see how you portray the comparison between Kermit's and Fozzie's lives...
Also interesting to gain a broader view of Fozzie's lifestyle, with the flashback and the vegetable drenching from his regular shows.

One of the lines I loved was how you say that being friends/talking with Kermit is magical, and he was working some of his magic right now.

The bit where Fozzie slowly gains some confidence with the "fools" joke, and the dialogue at the end muddling up the plans like that...
Priceless, and a great way to end the chapter, Kermit exasperated unable to take any more Muppet mix-ups.
Please post more as soon as you've got it ready.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ooh! I really really like this story! It's very funny! I loooove Fozzie, he's in perfect character! Keep it up!

green stuff

Reaction score
Well, first of all, thanks everyone for your positive remarks! I'm so glad to know that you guys like it so far...I was so scared you wouldn't. Now then, on to my remarks--

First--very good, Lisa, you saw my reference to The Great Muppet Caper. Yaaaaay! I thought that everyone would have picked it up, but you were the only one. If anyone else noticed, they didn't speak up! Also, thanks bunches for your compliments *blushes furiously* I dunno what to say...except thank you, and more coming soon.

Count--Thank you so much for your kind remarks. You do have to admit that I am getting better at this fanfiction thing though, eh? Yes, I do have improvements to make, but I assure you, I'm working on it.

Prawn Cracker-- Thank you! How awesome of you to complement me! *blushes again* how very kind of you! I'm glad you like it

More coming soon,everyone

green stuff

Reaction score
p.s. Leyla, I didn't forget you, you just didn't fit in the box the first time. Thank you for reading the story! I'm glad you like it, and I hope you come back for more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Chuckling... Well, yes we spotted it... But once one of us spots a reference like that and comments on it, we pretty much all know about the reference, explaining why we may not all say so in our reviews. Besides, it'd get a bit repetitive counting/reading each post between chapters if they all said "such and such quote is from this source or that story" if you understand what I'm saying.
And yes, you've gotten better at the fanfictional retelling... Very much looking forward to the next installment.

green stuff

Reaction score
I thought you guys might have noticed it too, Count. I was just playing with you guys. Gah! But I shouldn't be playing! I should be posting! *goes back to posting cave*

green stuff

Reaction score
Ok...so chapter four is taking a little longer to polish than I expected..but I promise you, you will most certainly have more story to read tomorrow.

green stuff

Reaction score
Chapter 4
Later that day….

‘’Bye guys! Have a great weekend!’’ After yet another humdrum day at Valley High School, Robin waved goodbye to all his friends, and anticipated yet another boring weekend. Between work and studying he hardly had time for friends anymore. In the last few months, especially, Robin had actually lost a couple of friends because he just didn’t have the time anymore. He tried to not let that fact bother him too much and still keep his head in the game, but it actually did bother him. Yet somehow, no matter how much Robin tried to avoid it, it seemed to him that he reminded himself of someone he knew- only in teenage form……

As Robin mounted his bicycle, he couldn’t help but let his mind wander back to the dream, just as it seemed to do automatically these days. The star. The thing he wanted the most. This was always the part that Robin would get stuck on. He couldn’t think of anything that he wanted…well, at least very badly anyway… badly enough to have a dream about that is. The thing about it was, is his heart of hearts, Robin was just a normal teenager. He had lots of friends, good grades, a job he enjoyed, and a supportive and loving family to come home to every day. What more could anyone ask for…….right?

Finally, Robin just decided to shake it off. Perhaps he was just thinking too
hard about it. He thought about it like the time when he was four, and couldn’t find his favorite teddy bear. Robin searched everywhere, but he just couldn’t find it. At last, Robin began to cry, but Kermit came, dried his tears, and read him his favorite story, ‘Oh, the Places You’ll Go.’ When Kermit was finished reading the story, he helped Robin look for his toy, and there, under the bed, was Valen the teddy bear. Robin was so overjoyed to find it, he rushed right into Kermit’s arms to give him a hug. He thought that Valen was gone forever, so needless to say, he was more than a little relieved to have found him. Kermit simply patted him on the back and explained to him that sometimes, when you look too hard for things, you don’t find them. To find the things you’re looking for, sometimes you have to slow down, and give it time. This time, that was just what Robin decided to do.

By now, Robin had arrived home- 309 Forest Avenue. He sighed as he dismounted and rolled the bike into the garage. Actually, it was through the garage door that Robin entered the house, just to save himself from having to walk all the way around to the front door. In a rather glum mood, Robin turned the doorknob and pushed through, hoping he would be unnoticed. But, then again, considering who his aunt and uncle were, this was next to impossible. Still, a fellow can dream, can’t he? Trudging through to the kitchen, he both Piggy and Kermit there. Kermit was busy writing something down frantically in a black notebook he always kept, and Piggy was putting some freshly made cookies into a blue cookie jar.

Robin stopped, almost dead in his tracks. After about fifteen years of living with these two, it was still just a little weird, not to mention unusual, when he caught them in moments of domesticity like this. It was just so…unlike them. Normally, either Kermit was busy in his office writing a screenplay, or Piggy was at a photo shoot, or out shopping, or they were off at a failed attempt at a romantic evening alone, (because it’s impossible for them to have an entire evening alone) or clamoring for each other’s affection. However, to catch them in moments like these made Robin wonder, Am I in the right house? It just wasn’t natural.

Both Kermit and Piggy looked up when Robin came through the door. He was greeted with both their warm smiles and kind words.’’
‘’Hey, welcome home, sport!’’
‘’Robbie’s home! Did you have a good day, sweetie?’’
‘’Of course I did, Aunt Piggy,’’ Robin said with a chuckle. The sweet aroma of freshly made cookies filled his nostrils, and led him to the counter. He lifted his hand to take one straight off of the cooling rack, but that would be impolite. So, Robin asked in his sweetest voice,’’ Oh, um, are these cookies for me?’’

‘’Of course they are, silly,’’ said Piggy warmly. ‘’They’re your favorite, chocolate chip and horsefly,’’ Piggy dished out two or three and put them on a saucer for Robin.
‘’I made them just for my favorite guy.’’
‘’Hey!’’ said Kermit, clearly objecting. ‘’I thought I was your favorite guy!’’
‘’You are dear,’’ she said with yet another cookie in her hand. ‘’Can’t a lady have two favorite boys in her life?’’
‘’No,’’ said Kermit, sulking. He slunk back in his chair, arms folded across his chest. He had the most pouty look on his face that one could muster. Needless to say, it was pathetic---and priceless to Piggy.

‘’Oh hush, dear,’’ She stuffed the cookie in his mouth to keep him from arguing further.
Meanwhile, Robin was in the corner, savoring every bite of his cookie. The chocolate chips were still hot, so they melted on his tongue, and he just loved the way that the horseflies tickled his throat.
‘’Mmmmm, horseflies!’’ he commented. Piggy smiled as she took a seat on Kermit’s lap, and Kermit wrapped his arms around her waist.
‘’Yeah,’’ Kermit chuckled. ‘’Just don’t tell Horace!’’

The happy family laughed in contentment as they all enjoyed the cookies together. Robin looked around and saw how happy his aunt and uncle were. He saw them smile at each other, and steal a kiss right in front of him. When he was younger, he had no problem expressing his opinion of how gross he thought that was, but now, he didn’t seem to mind so much. In fact, he kind of enjoyed watching them kiss, mostly because he wondered what it was like. The pressures of senior high school and college consumed most of his time and energy, hardly leaving him time for friends, much less a significant other at this time. He truly wondered what it was like, sharing a kiss with someone who loves you.

It must feel really nice,
he thought. to have everything you’ll ever want or need right there, all in one person. I wonder what a kiss is like.