Once Upon My Heart.

green stuff

Reaction score
Ok, now just something else to note..for all of you out there who like to ''figure out'' things as the story goes along.... the one that Piggy was talking on the phone to- is probably not the person whom you thought it was. In fact, I can guarantee it's not. How do I know this? Well, because--well, I just kind of know, actually. You'll understand why I said that when I post more, and I will certainly post some more tomorrow. But, for tonight, enjoy everyone!

Java

Reaction score
I'm intrigued, can't wait for more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ditto, waiting for more. Like the planning on both sides of the main cast, Kermit's rully fighting a number of divided fronts... Hope it all comes together in the end.

green stuff

Reaction score
Oh, it does Count, it does...but the way that it does come together--well, it's sort of bittersweet. It starts out happy, then gets really messy, and dare I say-sad. But--we're not there yet, so I shouldn't give too much away. I'm working on it, though!

green stuff

Reaction score
It was early afternoon when Robin’s shift ended. Already he was tired, and his eyes kept threatening to close themselves at any given moment. He couldn’t let them, though. He still had homework to finish, then he was able to enjoy some down time before he had to go clean up the Muppet Theatre. There had been a concert there last night, and based on what Kermit told him, it was a mess with a capital M.

See, Robin liked to put on a little front when he went to go clean up after concerts and such. He liked to pretend that it was a burden and a big bother to him, when really, it gave him a secret joy to him. And the reason for this façade? Well, Robin thought that if he was happy about being at the Muppet Theatre in front of his Uncle Kermit, that it would make him sad- and that was the last thing Robin ever wanted to do. So, he just decided to be happy in private. It made it more interesting that way, for him that is. He liked having a little secret to himself-having a little piece of joy that no one knew about but he.

The mere thought of it made him jittery inside; but in a good way. Sighing wistfully, he put his jacket on slowly, and was about to make his way out the door- when something caught his eye. It was a person, or, in one way or another it was a person, moving rather rapidly. It was a certain peanut butter colored person, with warm eyes and a nervous glance. It was a someone with a lot to tell and a short time to tell it in; a someone with a coffee colored hat, and a pink polka dotted tie.

‘’Fozzie,’’ Robin said with a laugh in his voice. He covered his face with his left hand, half in disbelief, and half in amusement.

‘’Oh boy,’’ he said, letting out a real sigh. ‘’This can only end in tears,’’ He walked up behind Fozzie next to the counter and stood, setting his watch so he could see how long it was until he found where he was. Yes, Robin was getting to be a devious little creature these days.

‘’Oh my oh my oh my oh my….Robin? Robin? Where’s Robin? Robin? Robin, are you in here?’’ Fozzie looked in an empty carboard box full of nothing but torn off plastic. He then noticed a stack of boxes( all of which were also empty, he would come to find out) Behind those boxes was a streak of a lime green.
‘’Robin! Oh there you are! Kermit sent me here to tell you something important! He sent me to tell you tha-’’
‘’Uh Fozzie? I’m over here.’’

‘’Where? Dah!’’ He jumped to find a giggling Robin right behind him, turning off the timer.
‘’Oh there you are! Heh, I knew that!’’
Robin gave him an incredulous look as he looked at his watched and stopped the timer.
‘’Wow, 53 seconds, that’s a new record. Now Fozzie, what’s going on? What did Uncle Kermit send you here to tell me?….Gosh, it must be really important if he sent someone out.’’
‘’Yeah,’’ Fozzie agreed, still trying to recover from his shock. ‘’What is?’’
‘’The thing you were going to tell me.’’
‘’What thing?’’
‘’I don’t know. You said Uncle Kermit sent you over to tell me something- I’m waiting for you to tell me.’’
‘’Why?’’
‘’Because you know what the message is, and I don’t silly!’’ Robin chuckled lightly at this.

‘’Oh yeah, I knew that,’’ he said, blushing slightly. A small silence ensued then. Robin stared at Fozzie, and Fozzie stared back. Suddenly, Robin thought, this isn’t starting to be so funny. This is starting to get annoying.
‘’So…uh…the thing?’’

‘’The thing?’’ asked Fozzie, obviously perplexed.
‘’Yeah, the thing, the thing you wanted to tell me? The thing Uncle Kermit made you rush over here to tell me? You know, the thing?’’
‘’Oh the thing!’’
‘’Yes, the thing!’’ Robin said, clasping his hands together. Now we’re getting somewhere.

‘’Now, what is this thing you need to tell me?’’ Another small silence.
‘’Oh! Oh, the thing Kermit said to tell you! Yes!’’ Robin smiled and let out a little giggle. He knew that if this were happening with Kermit, he would be madder than his aunt when her name and the words ‘’plus-sized’’ were mentioned in the same sentence, which was considerably upset. Robin though, had learned to be more peaceful and tranquil. He knew that Fozzie would spit it out in his due time--still, Kermit’s way was looking really good right now.

‘’Well, Kermit sent me here…to tell you…that…he’s..he’s starting another show.’’
Doubletake. Robin’s eyes and face lit up. Did-did Fozzie just say what he hoped he’d said? At the mere thought that the answer was yes, a small lock inside of Robin’s heart opened up, and somehow, he felt himself be released, he felt himself-be freed.

‘’I’m sorry, what?’’
‘’Kermit is starting a new Muppet Show, and he wants you to have a special part in it!’’
Somebody pinch me! This bear is messing with my emotions!

‘’
Part? What special kind of part, Fozzie? And why couldn’t Uncle Kermit tell-’’
‘’He’s been working all day on it! He’s having a party tonight at your house to tell everyone about it.’’

‘’Wow,’’ Robin whispered. ‘’This is big, no, no this is huge! Ginormous, even! Oh, I can’t wait until tonight! Thanks for telling me Fozzie!’’
‘’Oh you’re welcome, ‘’ he said with a smile. He began to make his way out the door when…..

‘’But Fozzie! Why am I the last to know about this?’’
‘’Well, erm, uh, umm…’cause he forgot……’’ Fozzie said distantly and softly.
‘’WHAT?’’

‘’Um….bye!’’ Fozzie said quickly, dashing out the door. Robin looked as Fozzie ran out, then stopped and pondered for a minute. This could be worth something, he thought. I’m gonna make sure Uncle Kermit thinks twice the next time he wants to tell me last about something big……

Little did young Robin know- he was, indeed, not the last to know.

Java

Reaction score
Oh, no. Robin's going to take advantage of his uncle and he's not the last to know... More please!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully intrigued by where the story's going... Not sure what to say about Robin's current scheming... More please!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
This is a wonderful story! I adore it greenstuff! More please?