Open Source Puppetry Project

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
Sorry about disappearing like that ... I'm in a play in Los Angeles that just opened, and had weeklong rehearsals leading up to it.

But, I have been thinking. Here's my (and my wife's) two cents:

The Adventures of Geri and Jules

Join a young Grrrl Trooper named Geri and her loyal dog Jules as they dash around the globe collecting merit badges!

Geri is a little red-haired girl, spunky, mischevious, scrappy, and very intelligent.

Jules is more of a wet blanket, not so spunky, a bit sarcastic and neurotic, but he loves Geri and would do anything to help her.

(Personally, I like the idea of a male and a female character who may get seperated from each other, so that we can accomodate male and female puppeteers voicewise.)

MUTATE, IDEA! MUTATE AWAY!

-- Scraps

DannyRWW

Reaction score
MGov said:
If he is looking for someone that just left town, why would he stay instead of moving on?
My thought was he would get distracted by the location and the realize at the end that he just missed his friend.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
MGov said:
Two references for style of story: the "Incredible Hulk" TV show from the 70's. Not so much for the adventure part of it but for the idea that David Banner, in each episode, found himself in a new place.
Hmmm.. he could be on the run for a crime he didn't commit.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Or maybe a crime he did commit but something absurd and silly (He set all the monkies loose at the zoo.... he wore white after labor day)

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Hey one more thought... for those of us who cannot record to the internet, perhaps there will be a place to just post photos... kind of post cards of the puppets adventure. I also saw someone on here say they were not a puppeteer and this might be a way to accomadate those that want to be involved but don't know much about puppeteering (all they would have to do is "pose" the puppet).

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Hey one more thought... for those of us who cannot record to the internet, perhaps there will be a place to just post photos... kind of post cards of the puppets adventure.
Excellent Idea!

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
I really like the idea of postcards. That really opens up the field.

This project reminds me very much of "Flat Stanley." (link: http://flatstanley.enoreo.on.ca/)

My wife and I helped out a young friend of ours with his Flat Stanley when we first moved out to L.A. It was lots of fun, buzzing around Hollywood landmarks with a paperboard cut-out and a camera!

-- Scraps

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Hmmm...speaking of Flat stanley.... too bad we can't just mail a puppet around instead of making our own.... We could have a master list and go in order.. then when your done you send him off to the next person on the list.

gfarkwort

Reaction score
But that would cost money.....and take time.....and risk the loss of a Puppet in the mail:smirk:

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Yeah I rethought that one myself. One irresponsible person in the chain and a lot of hardwork is lost (at least for the one who builds the puppet). Oh well.