1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Original Muppet Whatnot Workshop now off-line

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Eaglekiller

Eaglekiller Member

I got mine! He looks great but his jacket seems to have more green in it than I expected.

I'll have to make some videos and post them on Youtube soon.
  2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I think it's great that Disney wants to expands this beyond New York's store but it's too bad they want to raise the prise, though... As has been said before, I sure hope that there are more options in the future.
  3. Eaglekiller

Eaglekiller Member

Yeah I wish we can make a monster puppet. And more colors of the whatnots like yellow and purple.
  4. aixia

aixia New Member

Mine arrived today! Loving the quality, he's perfect!

I would love to see a Monster Workshop! How fun that could be!
  5. Davina

Davina Member

yay for you.. i'm still waiting... *sigh*
  6. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

just got home from work about 15mins ago went in checked my email JUST now and it told me they SHIPPED my muppet what not today! :) YOOOO HOOO! lol :D:p

im so happy
  7. rche

rche New Member

these are awesome!

They say the shop is closed at the moment (1/22/2009). I do hope they will reopen soon. Is this a limited run of any sort? Or do they intend to keep this shop going for a while? I hope so, my birthday is pretty far off. lol

Great to see the puppets people have received. Hope to see many more.
    rche
  8. Davina

Davina Member

darn it.. i had an fao email.. but it was just a sale advert... *sigh* so i'm still waiting for mine to ship... must have picked too popular a combo... :)
  9. Davina

Davina Member

woohoo!
    this morning while doing my usual am email check.. i got confirmation.. mine has shipped! should be here, i'll say monday (2nd day air, but this is alaska.. so who knows.. )
    can't wait.. will just miss my anniversary.. hehe
  10. Eaglekiller

Eaglekiller Member

I can't settle on a voice for mine yet. But I did find out that he wears a size 0-3 baby clothes shirt!
  11. Davina

Davina Member

ooh.. good to know that.. wonder if the local target is still having their super huge clearance sale... hrm....
  12. Ignorance

Ignorance New Member

So it seems the online shop is down at the moment?
  13. a_Mickey_Muppet

just got mine 2day and im playin with him right now! :):excited:

ahh i love it :excited:
  14. Davina

Davina Member

mine is supposed to show up on thursday... though the ups tracking is also showing it is coming ground... (which doesn't happen to Alaska..) even though FAO said it was coming 2 day Air (and has to to Alaska..)
    currently shows as sitting in Lexington, KY...
    we shall see....
    am getting anxious...
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It will be worth it once it comes. Still, I understand the UPS stress. :o
  16. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I ordered one! I ordered one!

I was able to justify the purchase cuzza two things:

• 20% off (last day for that today)
    • Mostly gonna use him to play with my Kid

My wife wanted to get me one for Christmas, but at the time it was too much of an expense during the pregnancy. Now though, taxes are on their way back to us, plus with the 20% off he only came to $92 and change.

I can't believe it let me order! I got the yellow boa hair and the red hoodie (heard it was gonna be discontinued, otherwise I woulda picked the Hawaiian shirt & lei).
  17. Tatooey Rat

Tatooey Rat New Member

I received mine yesterday after having ordered it December 30th.

The craftsmanship is pretty dang good. The glue is strong and holds very well. You can see traces and remnants of it in the hairline, and where the eyes and nose are attached. But when they put my order together, they left a smudged dab of glue dry at the bottom of the right eye. As if they went to wipe off the excess and didn't realize they left it on. I don't want to fuss in getting it off as I worry about scratching the plastic.

The fabric is awesome. The eyes are very Henson. I love it.

The only disappointments, if you will, that I have are just a couple...

The pompadour hair is NOT pompadour. Not poofy at all. Its actually very flat, almost like a Caesar cut. I was just looking forward to the pompy hairstyle that the order I created online showed. That was almost immediate in noticing upon opening the box.

The other being the mouth. They didn't align the plastic reinforcement correctly that gives the shape and movement--- and as you can see in the open-mouth shot below--- it gives in a little on the puppet's right side.

Below are a couple shots of mine...

The fit up inside the puppet is very tight around the neck, but once your hand is up through there--- its all good. Its like new shoes--- you put them on a few times, it starts to break in.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tommyd79/3232559561/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tommyd79/3232556925/
  18. Mister Hoggoth

Mister Hoggoth New Member

I got mine the other day and am very happy with my What-Not. Does anyone know if they plan to extend the range with other body types or potentially monster types?

Thanks
  19. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I ordered mine the first or second week of January. They said it wouldn't ship until feb. 22nd.
  20. a_Mickey_Muppet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.