Original Muppet Whatnot Workshop now off-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinx

Reaction score
I just received my Whatnot about 5 minutes ago.

I have to say that I ordered it on a lark, not having any real expectations, because it is, after all a high-end toy.

That said, it's really a very nice piece! The only issue is that one end of his glasses came unglued. Easy enough to fix. The plastic "backpack" will actually be a very nice place to store him, protecting him from dust and abrasion.

He's covered in a good quality polar fleece and seems to be well sewn. This is not always the case with imports from China, but here there seems to be high level of quality control.

These are clearly designed for the youngsters. I wear an adult large glove, and it is a bit dodgy getting my hand through the neck. Once through, the fit is snug, but certainly not uncomfortable. I would never be able to quickly switch puppets, as getting him off my hand is actually more difficult than getting him on!

As far as overall charactrerization, he's even better than I would have thought, based on having seen the online comp, and the photos posted by others in this forum. The moment I saw his face I just could not help smiling... it's that Muppet effect!

The arm rod is really quite clever, although it was on the right hand. FAO Schwartz might want to make a practice of putting them on the left hand, as most people are right-handed. rODbegbie mentions having difficulty keeping it in place, but mine has quite a snug fit.

While not intended for "professional" use, I would not hesitate to use this puppet in a performance environment. He's as charming as a Whatnot could be expected to be!

I am very pleased with this purchase.

justairbagit

Reaction score
Hey everyone I just got an email with a code to save 15% off orders over $90 its only good for the weekend VETS8

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
We got our Muppet What-Nots yesterday, and they're great! We were very pleasantly surprised to find that the "red curly" wig option is actually much more brown than red, which makes it match my wife's hair almost perfectly (which was what we were going for--little muppet doppelgangers of ourselves).

Hooray!

SUPERPUPPET

Reaction score
Got my Whatnot in the mail

These things are AWESOME. I will post pictures this week. And I do have to tell you that yes indeed they do fit adult hands. I'm 6'4 and where large gloves and My Whatnot Muppet fits fine. We did save some money by using the discount code on the top of the f.a.o. website page. (My dad had to have one to). I can't wait to save up and get a second :insatiable:..... I hope they eventually have monster bodies ..... I love these things:big_grin:

Nick22

Reaction score
if you look at page 49 in the online catolog, there is a muppet whatnot with pink boa hair. i wonder if this is an upcoming hair style?

SUPERPUPPET

Reaction score
hair

My muppet has blue skin , purple nose , round eyes with blue eyelids, yellow boa hair and a plad suit...... But I've noticed pink boa hair only in the catalog and a orange teardrop nose thats not available. When you watch the kermit video there's a muppet with eyebrows and no eyes ..... I think there will be updates as this whatnot shop takes off.:big_grin:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I wish that the mechanisms to control things like the eye lids, pupils and eyebrows were availible!

Status
Not open for further replies.