1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Original Muppet Whatnot Workshop now off-line

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Yup!

Yep, totally knew the singer was Steven's ex-wife. It is also one of my top favorite movies. The amazing work and dedication that went into that....just speechless. That movie paved the way for so many more opportunities. Plus I love Jessica rabbit...so...we'll see how it works out. I am so jealous about those cels, I would love to see them....pweety pweeze...;)

Let's not talk too much about Jessica when the topic of discussion is about Daphney, you know how diva's can be....LOL:o
  2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess that lipstick doesnt have to follow the full width of the lips.I just thought of Janice, and realised her lips dont go the full length .
  3. slimey

slimey New Member

4. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I got mine on Tuesday. Very nice. A little tighter on nthe hand than most puppets and I wish you wouldn't see a little of the inside mouth when you close it, but considering this was meant to be a children's toy it is pretty nice. I already used him in a show for the school I teach at.
  5. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Hey Slimey, I think that name fits perfectly. Cool whatnot!
  6. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

7. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

cool what not slimy , i love the name that you picked i hope that i am going to be able to make one when i go NYC next weekend .:)
  8. slimey

slimey New Member

Thanks Muppet Baby & Muppetguy , I'm glad you like him .

Ploobis , you went with the blue head/blue pointed nose too , eh ? I hadnt seen many with that combo but I wanted it because it looked more like the head was one whole molded piece . I probably wont be as picky with my second , or third , or fourth.......I can see these things becoming very addicting
  9. maydaymuppet

maydaymuppet New Member

I was very excited about my WhatNot but when I got it, it didn't look quite right to me, kind of like a boy muppet in drag who's really surprised and has a receding hairline. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it was just not what I had in mind when I designed it. However, because the folks who make them were kind enough to use super glue it was easy enough for me to make the modifications to adjust the muppet to be like I wanted. If anyone else has this issue of the muppet not being quite what they had in mind here's some tips. The pointy edge of a clothes iron makes short work of the glue that holds the eyes and hair on the muppet, don't iron directly on the eyes or the heat will damage them, work the iron under the objects, then just re-glue them where you want them to be. If your muppet needs a little face-lift because it looks a little too male, just do an invisible stitch along the seam around under the ear, pulling about a quarter-to-half- inch of the face backward and voila, instant girl! I love my WhatNot. She's awesome. And the adjust-it yourself was fun to figure out.
  10. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I remember my puppet came with documentation that if any of the facial features fall off, etc. they can be reattached on your own with the hot glue gun. Though they're put on pretty sturdy from the beginning to withstand a lot of wear and tear (I guess they figure a lot of people will buy them for their children).

When I first got mine (I bought it in store) I was nervous about my puppet's nose because I chose the thinner pointier one and it got snagged a little taking it in and out of the plastic drawstring bag. He's held up fine though but I have him more for display purposes than use.
  11. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

It's down again...

The Whatnot website's down again right now. Looks like there's another huge wave of orders going through (maybe people are ordering them as Easter gifts?)

Hey, quick question. I'm using a PC and how the heck do I copy and paste a picture of the different Whatnots I try out? I wanted to paste them to Microsoft Word or Paint or something so I can see the "finalists" side by side before I choose which one to order. Can anyone help me out please? I've seen posted finished Whatnots on this thread. Any other PC users?

It's so hard to pick just one Whatnot...

"You can have ONE...or the OTHER...but you can't have both!"

It's great that they are getting so many orders! But...it kinda stinks that the website is temporarily down right now. I love playing on that site while I'm at work, I mean, uh...on my coffee break. Yeah, that's it...on my coffee break. ;)

Convincing John
  12. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

You could Firefox and drag the parts.
  13. Convincing John

I tried that, but I didn't have much luck. I could try again once the site is up again.

Convincing John
  14. Davina

Davina Member

uhm.. when you get done playing and get to the "preview" your creation.. i just right clicked and picked save image as...
    (or copy image..depending on what you're doing..)
  15. Convincing John

Does that work for PC's or are you using a Mac? I've tried the right click thing for "Copy Image" a while back, but it didn't work for some reason. I'll give it another try when the site's back up.

I've even tried the "Print Preview". It comes up with everything but the square the created Whatnot appears in. Weird.

What I'm trying to do is compare some final designs I like and I want to see them side by side in Microsoft Paint (or any other basic program where you can see copied images side by side). I've narrowed my choices down to about a half dozen, and it would be great to see all my choices together and wemble over them properly.:coy:

Even though I don't have a Whatnot yet, what I've seen on Youtube and the photos are pretty amazing. I even called the 800 number at FAO to see when the site would be up again. They said they weren't sure, but they have been very pleased (and a little surprised) by the number of orders...and if business continues to increase, they may expand the line...maybe. (This meaning more options for Whatnots...different bodies?...more nose options?...facial hair? Who knows? A lot of things could be considered).

I did give them a shout out to Muppet Central when I called and told them they are getting a lot of compliments on the Whatnots from our Forum. (Like the Palisades threads a while ago, maybe FAO would consider taking suggestions for future Whatnot options?) Never hurts to think about stuff like that.

I wish I could visit the actual Whatnot Shop in person. It sounds wonderful.

Something else I thought of...I wonder if they will add those Whatnot Muppet Workshop t-shirts to the online store (the ones for us to wear). Anyone heard more about those?

Convincing John
  16. Davina

Davina Member

i'm on a pc.. and that's what i did.. copied and pasted my images from there into paint.. so we could see a few options all together before we bought one..
  17. Convincing John

Ok, thanks. I'll try it (when the site's back up, that is).:)

Convincing John
  18. Eaglekiller

Eaglekiller Member

19. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

20. Davina

Davina Member

why would i want to check out an unknown vid that is advertised as gory...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.