Original Muppet Whatnot Workshop now off-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

twasbrillig12

Reaction score
Anyone who's been to the store know if the workshop hours are the same as the entire store, or does it open a bit later or so?

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
Just ordered mine yesterday. I really hope that if this takes off that they will add more body styles and outfits. I wasn't extremely excited about the choice in clothes but oh well.

Don't forget to use the free shipping code on page 5 of this thread. Saved me more money that the 15% code that was available over the weekend.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Still waiting on mine. It was supposedly shipped last Monday, but since then there has been no word from UPS. My dissatisfaction with UPS is epic. I wish FAO would just use the postal service. It's much easier to pick up a package from a local station than the UPS headquarters. This is a walking/public transportation city, UPS might as well be located in Syberia. The hotline people don't really get that.

Anyway. anxiously awaiting Toadie! :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My Whatnot Came Today!

First picture of Toadie the Electric Mayhem Roadie! I'll post more about him tomorrow. :smile:

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Cool he's like a green gangster likeness of Beaker. LOL!

Davina

Reaction score
very cool... how's he handle? i've heard that the green body is a bit more difficult to handle because of the mouth direction.. wondering if everyone who has a green one thinks so... (am looking at letting my step daughters get one, and want to know if i need to warn them away from any of the options...)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Toadie the Roadie

My Muppet Whatnot Quick Review:

There weren't as many options as a fan like me would want for a Muppet puppet yet I made due with what they had. I am not sure how original it will look among other whatnots, but he can always be customized.

I chose the green Beaker-like body and held out for the classic yellow ostrich feather hair. It's the only option Muppety looking enough for me. The mouth is amazingly easier to maneuver than I had thought. Maybe it isn't as such when compared to the others. I might get another one or two down the line.

The leather jacket is cool, but the shirt inside is only half-made and cheaply sewn and velcroed. It can be removed from the body. The head and body do not connect at the neck yet connect at the base to allow for greater movement. He only comes with one arm rod that can be hooked into slickly created little openings at the seams. Be careful not to hook too far into the inner stuffing. Mine kind of had a hole. Still the seems and material are nicely made and well worth the 90 bucks paid. He also looks fairly close to the picture composition on the site.

I wish there were more options, but with the ones provided:
5/5 happy frogboys!

His name is Toadie the Roadie and he follows the Electric Mayhem around. He's somewhat of a dim misfit and sounds kind of like Beauregard. Here is a current photograph of my Toadie and his new friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.