1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Palisades Lunch Break

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by GLUE, Sep 4, 2002.

1. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

Yeah, I've been watching it when I can remember it's on. It's been rather enjoyable, but nothing revolutionary. I really like Tony Shaloub, and I think it's great he's leading his own series.
  2. Lu775

Lu775 Member

Fall TV sched.

Any other new TV shows people are looking forward to out there?
  3. towels

towels New Member

never gonna catch Ken at this rate

What's going on over there? The llamas taking all the computer time? It's been very quiet lunch hours this week...

*Listens for a very feeble Help! I've fallen under my cat and I can't get up! *
  4. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

Re: Fall TV sched.

I'm not sure of the title, I think it's "Do Over." I know nothing other than the premise which is about an adult who gets to go back to 1981 and repeat high school all over again, except retaining all his memories of his adulthood and prior experience in High School. A bit Wonder Years-ish, but rather than him regretting what he should have done, he gets a chance to change it.

If it's not too gimicky it should be good.

Actually, looking on line it seems there's this weird coincidence going on where the exact same premise is being used for another show called "That Was Then" It will be interesting to see what happens.
  5. ElecMayhem

ElecMayhem Member

Oh no, we're here. Working hard, that's all. It's a very busy time for us right now.

But don't you guys worry. The silly hijinks will continue...

As for shows I am looking forward to, I am kind of intersted to see what this new Birds of Prey show -- I think that's the title -- will be like.

And yes, Dead Zone is a good show. Which, strangely enough, makes Anthony Michael Hall one of the only brat packers who still has a career. Whoda thunk it?

Personally, I am holding out for Molly Ringworm, er, Ringwald's come back!!
  6. SuprGro78

SuprGro78 New Member

Scarily enough, when I was in NY a few weeks ago Molly was starring with John Stamos in Cabaret.
  7. Slim

Slim New Member

And yes, Dead Zone is a good show. Which, strangely enough, makes Anthony Michael Hall one of the only brat packers who still has a career. Whoda thunk it?

Brat PACKERS??? I'll pretend like I didn't hear that....you sick man, you! :D
  8. Thog

Thog New Member

Don't forget Rob Lowe....he still kida has one.
  9. ElecMayhem

ElecMayhem Member

But with Rob Lowe's depatrure from the West Wing, who knows what will happen to him. I mean, the unfortunate loss of Chris Farley rules out Tommy Boy 2.

Maybe Louie Anderson can star in Tommy Boy 2, with a claymation dwarf subbing in for David Spade...

Keith, I will not dignify your remarks with a response. Anyone who has not seen The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Saint Elmo's Fire, or Pretty in Pink -- to say nothing of such 80s classics like Say Anything and Better Off Dead -- doesn't deserve my attention. Your vote doesn't count.
  10. SuprGro78

SuprGro78 New Member

But a gazillion dollars a year isn't enough for Rob Lowe so he's leaving the show. Whine Whine. I wish actors were paid the same as school teachers.
  11. Slim

Slim New Member

I LOVE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!!!!!!!!!
  12. Lu775

Lu775 Member

Brat Pack

So where is everyone's favourite 80's teen gang now?

Molly Ringwald- Cabaret on broadway
    Rob Lowe- Just left West Wing
    Judd Nelson- has he done anything since that Brook Shields show?
    Emilio Estevez- Well, he was in the Mighty Ducks thing, right?
    Anthony Michael Hall- Dead Zone
    Ally Sheedy- ?
    Andrew McCarthy- ?
    Demi Moore- Just signed on to the next Charlies Angles movie
  13. SuprGro78

SuprGro78 New Member

I read in the tv guide that Andrew McCarthy was in a pilot that didn't get picked up. I think he's a good actor (not counting weekend at bernies) If you read that part of the tv guide most of the pilots that didn't get picked up sound more interesting than the ones that did.
  14. ElecMayhem

ElecMayhem Member

As a former school teacher, I wish teachers were paid as much as actors!!

But, also as a former student of the performing arts, whose dream it was to make it big on the silver screen, I have to say that -- although it seems like they make ridiculous amounts of money -- actors get paid what they're worth. We're the ones who make them what they are by going to see their movies.

Think if we could persuade the big-wigs in Hollywood to take the profits from just ONE Hollywood blockbuster, and put it toward charity. Crazy!!
  15. SuprGro78

SuprGro78 New Member

Yeah and there are some actors who I would like to ask for my money back.
  16. Slim

Slim New Member

"Lu775 - So where is everyone's favourite 80's teen gang now?"

I'm right here!!! I better be included in everyone's favorite 80's teen gang....represent!!!
  17. ElecMayhem

ElecMayhem Member

True!

That's funny. I think I will write a letter to that Sixth Sense kid and tell him I need my money back from A.I.

Keith, you love GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLDDD?!?

That's funny, because:

I LOVE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLDD!!
  18. SuprGro78

SuprGro78 New Member

I think that show American dreams is going to be good. I like that it has original clips from American Bandstand. Oh and Al Pacino owes me 9 bucks for Simone. Blech!
  19. GLUE

GLUE New Member

Slim can't be a member of the 80s teen gang, he's never seen the following movies : Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, Saint Elmos Fire....and he says he's seen peices of "Ferris Bullers Day Off" shame shame I think Slim denies the 80's ever happened!

As Travis pointed out at the top.....but it was so amazing that I say it again!:p
  20. ElecMayhem

ElecMayhem Member

Actually Keith, your on my list of annoying 80's characters along with Orko, Snarf, Rainbow Bright, and that thing from the Punky Brewster cartoon.

But you probably don't know what I am talking about.