Palisades Unreleased Gobo Fraggle Prototype!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
All that was released from the SS line was Super Grover, and he was an exclusive.

The rest of the figures never saw production due to the factory never being paid to start.

:sympathy:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... What Anthony (KermieBaby47) said.

Super Grover was the only SS figure to be made by Palisades Toys and be offered to the masses via specialty retail through the Collector's Club or anyone attending any of the 2005 conventions Palisades Toys participated in.
The SS S1 figures were made into fully-painted final release versions... But unfortunately, they were never offered for retail, stuck at the factory due to the company's bankrupcy.

The only reason I got the full set was because the original owner (who got them from Ken himself) was having some financial woes. They're rully great with all of their stuff, just have to photograph them along with the rest of my collection to show them off for you guys.
All we can do is hope some company with true staying power and love and devotion equal to what Palisades Toys put into their Jim Henson's Muppets figure line gets the license and brings our SS friends to collectors worldwide.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
beaker said:
Werent ya guys spose to buy him, then reverge engineer it to make a resin cast figure? It was pretty messed up not to at least have a limited number of em, even for like $30 or so.
no it would cost to much and is highly illegal as much as everyone wanted to do it.:sympathy:

beaker

Reaction score
The Count said:
Yep... What Anthony (KermieBaby47) said.

Super Grover was the only SS figure to be made by Palisades Toys and be offered to the masses via specialty retail through the Collector's Club or anyone attending any of the 2005 conventions Palisades Toys participated in.
The SS S1 figures were made into fully-painted final release versions... But unfortunately, they were never offered for retail, stuck at the factory due to the company's bankrupcy.
Wait, so Im confused...did they ever actually make production figures, or just the final prototypes? As in, is there like a box full of unshipped ready to go SS figures somewhere?

Btw, Im very glad ya got the set, ya deserve it. I just wish you or someone coulda gotten Sal^^

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To naswer yer questions Corey...

Was in the running til the last few seconds for the Sal Manilla proto at over $1100, but I got sniped... Though the person who won that prototype was a fellow Palisades forum member at the time, someone who went by the screen name MuppetNut.
As far as the SS figures... There were two fully-painted versions of the facade, and they were snatched on eBay for $2500 and $3500 respectively. They both came with the Oscar figure, and the more expensive one was cased in it's own shipping box which Ken willingly sold off. Are there carded final version figures? Well, the ones I got could be considered carded... Except that the clamshells weren't sealed off (just held together by removable staples) and there were unmarked plastic paper inserts. Rully unsure if there are any others left though, there might be a very small number, as another forum member also has a final fully-painted Two-Headed Monster figure.

Hope this helps, LMK if you have any other questions.

Foodie

Reaction score
*swallows*

I uhh... sort of... won that Gobo prototype. I put forth an offer on my on-line journals where winning that Gobo figure would be the payment to me and a friend of mine actually took me up on it. So, Eesiv, the winning bidder, is an EXTREMELY generous and friendly person. Needless to say, I owe him a lot. I just didn't think it wise to put that sort of a purchase on my credit card but I had to try to make some attempt to get such a rare & cool Gobo item. :smirk:

Nick

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes! Congrats Nick. Now we can truly say it'll be kept within the family. Wonder if the guys over at the CMX board know about this. Again, congrats on getting such a highly desired figure in your collection. Know how it feels, I got the SS S1 figures here in my own Muppet gathering.

Foodie

Reaction score
Thanks. Heh heh, I never thought of it that way, as in " keeping it in the family ". That's cool though. What's the CMX board? :smirk:

Nick

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
SWEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT! and congrats there Foodie! :smile: aleast he'll have a GOOD Muppety home :wink: thats all that matters! I'm sure Gobo WILL be a treasure for you years to come!