Palisades Unreleased Gobo Fraggle Prototype!

beaker

Reaction score
Luke said:
I have a feeling Sesame Workshop will not be all that happy with Bert & Ernie being pictured as bombs, that one might be a little close to the line.
Hey why not, Sesame is producing pro war "educational" specials and having Elmo's dad go off to fight wars.

Now as far as parody law...well...I mean Palisades did release Kermit Indiana Jones and a Muppet R2D2(MAMMA) But straight up Batman and Robin, R2 and C3PO, and Bert and Ernie? These are not parodies.

Thats like if Kubrick never asked for the licences of the franchises they make, which is a lot of popular(and some obscure franchises)

I do not believe sature can cover these.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... That's rully up to the various entities' lawyers and Ken to sort out. Which is wy I kinda fear the future of the Bert and Ernie and Indiana Jones Smart Bombs Duo-Packs won't be sunny if you know what I mean. But there's the rest of the planned potential lineups for that franchise and of course, the one that's commanding greater interest among the community over at the CMX boards... KBZ! Have you seen these things? Seriously, you should.

Luke

Reaction score
beaker said:
Now as far as parody law...well...I mean Palisades did release Kermit Indiana Jones and a Muppet R2D2(MAMMA) But straight up Batman and Robin, R2 and C3PO, and Bert and Ernie? These are not parodies.
Yea i do agree there isn't much that is actually parodied. It's just the character likeness on a bomb. I get the message of the pop culture icon on the bomb, but then who wants a bomb? It doesn't do anything. I think the idea for the Kockblockerz is ok (although the name is awful once you've laughed for the initial 0.2 seconds), kinda a Block figure Garbage Pail Kids, but it needs proper marketing resources. I admire him for having the balls to do his own thing, but then his talent is not getting the attention it should with him not being at one of the major toy companies.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
beaker said:
Hey why not, Sesame is producing pro war "educational" specials and having Elmo's dad go off to fight wars.
hubba hubba wha-???

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah Scoot... Check out the thread about the new SS Military Deployment TV special in the Sesame Street section of the forum.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Congrats Foodie. Thats awsome. There was a Gobo puppet going off too. I meant to post about it... i dunno if i ended up doing it or forgot tho. I do however remember trying to send you a message on it but your mailbox is packed. It was created by Muppetmanican. Same fellow that created Wembley awhile back. It looked great!

unclematt

Reaction score
Maybe if we have an all MC event you can bring it for us to see in person.

Foodie

Reaction score
Yay! Gobo's here!

Just to let whoever's interested know, I got the Gobo prototype yesterday. I reattached his bum leg and he's wonderful! Hopefully I'll get some photos of him soon. :smirk:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
What a lot of money for a toy.......wouldnt it be cheaper and easier to make one .