Palisades Unreleased Gobo Fraggle Prototype!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
CMX stands for Creatus Maximus, Ken Lilly's new start-up company. It's kind of the ol' Palisades Toys crew... But we've moved on to new turf there, no longer dwelling on the glory of what once was from 2002-2005. Hope this helps.

Foodie

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
SWEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT! and congrats there Foodie! :smile: aleast he'll have a GOOD Muppety home thats all that matters! I'm sure Gobo WILL be a treasure for you years to come!
Thanks! I can't wait 'til he gets here. :smirk:

beaker

Reaction score
Luke said:
Um, so the Palisades crew is making Star Wars and Batman Weebles?

Man, I thought palisades would sitll be around.

a_Mickey_Muppet said:
SWEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT! and congrats there Foodie! :smile: aleast he'll have a GOOD Muppety home :wink: thats all that matters! I'm sure Gobo WILL be a treasure for you years to come!
Exactly. It's better in my opinion if these ultra rarities stay within the underground rabid Muppet fandom, just because it's so rare that any rare Muppet items get auctioned(unlike other franchises out there)

Foodie said:
I uhh... sort of... won that Gobo prototype. I put forth an offer on my on-line journals where winning that Gobo figure would be the payment to me and a friend of mine actually took me up on it. So, Eesiv, the winning bidder, is an EXTREMELY generous and friendly person. Needless to say, I owe him a lot. I just didn't think it wise to put that sort of a purchase on my credit card but I had to try to make some attempt to get such a rare & cool Gobo item. :smirk:

Nick
Congrats! Take pix of it when ya get it.

Luke

Reaction score
beaker said:
Um, so the Palisades crew is making Star Wars and Batman Weebles?
****, from the photo they do look like weebles don't they (probably could have made more money reviving weebles actually) but no, they're spoof pop culture-ised models of nuclear bombs. There's a Bert and Ernie one coming up in the future apparently.

I don't think i can mention Ken's next line on here, but i'll try - Kockblockerz .... they are kinda palz (block figures) with more adult orientated themes.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Luke said:
****, from the photo they do look like weebles don't they (probably could have made more money reviving weebles actually) but no, they're spoof pop culture-ised models of nuclear bombs. There's a Bert and Ernie one coming up in the future apparently.

I don't think i can mention Ken's next line on here, but i'll try - Kockblockerz .... they are kinda palz (block figures) with more adult orientated themes.
Something I wondered that maybe you can answer Luke, since I can't get a straight answer from CM message board and since you are knowledgable...how do they get away with making these? Are they covered by some kind of parody law, or what?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Luke... Looks like you can say the name of CMX's next major line on here. Though there should rully be a space there, but then it'd get filtered out probably.

And adult oriented isn't the word... Demented and weirded out is possibly a more apt description. The designs/concepts for all of the KBZ characters/figures come from the mind of Austrailian Luke, known better by his screenname Punchbunny. Yeah, the guy who used to write those drunken reviews for the club once a long while ago.

Check 'em out... If you dare.

Luke

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Something I wondered that maybe you can answer Luke, since I can't get a straight answer from CM message board and since you are knowledgable...how do they get away with making these? Are they covered by some kind of parody law, or what?
There is a parody law, used more by artists, but major corporations can usually get around that by saying that because its merchandising it's deliberately profiting from their intellectual property and have the item shelved. I believe Ken said he had some communication with the lawyers from Lucasfilm etc after they saw them. Perhaps because they are being sold in such a small quantity and not all that commercially the lawyers don't think its worth the hassle of getting a stop on them. I dunno.

I have a feeling Sesame Workshop will not be all that happy with Bert & Ernie being pictured as bombs, that one might be a little close to the line.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... That's if even the Bert and Ernie Smart Bombs, named Hurt and Burnie, along with the Indiana Jones Duo-Packs even make it to a final stage and get sold on the internet retail market. Check out their very own store, name that can't be posted here without getting it filtered though.