Part of Me - A Fraggle Story

christyb

Reaction score
We're off to find the coneflowers the wonderful...oh wait wrong movie. :smile: This is great Beth. Keep it coming.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Heh, love it. The guys think, "Well of course they're resting, it's so late and everyone's tired." And of course, the girls are not resting at all. Oh no! Far from it. They're heading off to some place that they've probably never been before, since it's on the other side of the rock and they need a map and all, and how the hey are the guys supposed to find them now? Well, oh well, at least we know Mokey's okay now. To the cone flowers!

MORE PLEASE!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, gotta love girlfriends when they get together.
*wink* So glad Mokey was finally able to grieve propperly, and I think somehow helping her helped Red's developement too.
One thing, at first I wasn't sure how you were going to tie in the scene from the prologue, but now that we're off on another adventure, I'm afraid there'll be plenty of opportunities for that to happen! Great chapter, can't wait for another one to see where the girls, and the boys, wind up next!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ok it's not an update....*hides behind notebook in shame*

I've got Vacation Bible School this week at my church and between that and getting ready for a new job I haven't had much free time! But don't worry, this story has not been forgotten and an update is forthcoming just as soon as I can catch my breath a little. I promise it won't be more than another day or two.

Thanks for your paitence everyone!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ok, I know you all probably got super excited thinking this was another update....but it's not. I'm SO sorry I haven't gotten this updated! With the new job and trying to balance my time I just haven't had the chance! I can only promise this, an update WILL come at some point. I don't know when, but I am not going to let this story just fall by the wayside the way I did with my Super Grover story. I know exactly where it is going, I just need to write it down! So please, bear with me, know that I love this story with all my heart and eventually things will settle down and then I will finish it!

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
Ok, I know you all probably got super excited thinking this was another update....but it's not. I'm SO sorry I haven't gotten this updated! With the new job and trying to balance my time I just haven't had the chance! I can only promise this, an update WILL come at some point. I don't know when, but I am not going to let this story just fall by the wayside the way I did with my Super Grover story. I know exactly where it is going, I just need to write it down! So please, bear with me, know that I love this story with all my heart and eventually things will settle down and then I will finish it!
I know what you mean. Don't worry we're patient.:big_grin:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Here is the long awaited next chapter! Thanks for your patience. Once again, I don't know when the next update will be, hopefully not as long as I have to warn you, this is another cliffhanger!

Chapter Twelve:

Gobo, Wembley and Boober got themselves settled in for the night at the Farmhouse. Wembley and Boober fell right to sleep, but Gobo couldn’t fall asleep. He couldn’t stop worrying about his wife, about Mokey and about the tiny life that Red was carrying inside of her. He got out of the bed that was made up for him and wandered over to the window.

The stars were shining. Gobo loved the stars; they were one of his favorite things in Outer Space. He remembered the last time he had been chasing after his wife and how he had paused under the stars and wondered where she was that very moment. He found himself now doing the same thing.

“Red, you are such a free spirit and a true friend and that is why I love you, I just hope you’re safe,” said Gobo to himself.

“Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight,” said Gobo to the brightest star he could see. The star almost shined brighter in reply.

“I wish that my wife and baby will be safe no matter where they are. I hope that Red has found Mokey and that we will find her soon as well,” said Gobo.

He then stepped away and went back to bed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Mokey and Red followed the map to the Cavern that would lead them to the Coneflowers. The path was challenging, many rocks to climb over.

“Are you sure you’re up for this?” asked Mokey as they struggled through the rocks.

“Mokey, I am as fit and energetic as I ever was, in fact, I think I’m more so than I was before!” said Red.

They laughed and continued climbing through the rocks and then came to a sandy path.

“According to the map we follow this and then there will be a cliff and the coneflowers will be just below the cliff,” said Mokey.

“Great,” said Red and then gasped as a new feeling took over her body.

“Are you all right?” asked Mokey hurrying to her friend’s side.

“Yeah, I think the Fraglet just moved!” exclaimed Red.

“Oh, isn’t that just the most amazing feeling?” asked Mokey. They decided to sit down to wait to see if it would happen again. Suddenly, Red began to feel a little sad.

“Gobo should be here to feel this,” said Red.

“I’m sorry, I should’ve made you go home,” said Mokey.

“No, it’s not your fault. I should’ve talked to him more and tried to make him understand what I was feeling. Instead I just ran off like I did last time. He’s got to be so worried about me. I’ve just been so mean to him lately, he doesn’t deserve that,” said Red.

“It’s natural to be that way, um, sometimes we just can’t help it,” said Mokey smiling a little.

“Did you ever treat Boober that way?” asked Red.

“Once I threw a towel at him because I didn’t like the way he was folding it,” said Mokey.

“Really?” asked Red shocked that her mild mannered friend would ever get that ticked off.

“Yeah I know, he is the laundry king, but sometimes you just can’t explain your feelings,” said Mokey.

“I understand. I just realized that I do miss Gobo even though he drives me nuts,” said Red.

“Well, let’s get this mission over with and get you home and reunited!” said Mokey.

They pressed on down the path toward the cliff. As they approached it the wind began to pick up.

“Wow, this is a bit of a treacherous cavern!” commented Mokey.

“Oh we can handle it, let’s go!” said Red. Soon they approached a clearing. They could hear water running somewhere nearby.

“Mokey, look over there, I think we’ve found it,” said Red.

“Oh you’re right!” said Mokey excitedly. They walked over to the edge and looked down below.

All along a river below them were coneflowers, plenty of them. But, it was a long way down.

“Um, now what do we do?” asked Mokey.

“Easy! We climb down!” exclaimed Red.

“I don’t know about this,” said Mokey.

“Uh, this was your idea, remember?” asked Red.

“Oh yeah, well, here goes nothing,” said Mokey.

Using their tails the two girls began the long trek down the side of the cliff taking one step at a time.

“See, it’s easy, you just fine the holes and step inside of them. This is a rock, it’s steady!” said Red.

“Yeah, that’s true,” said Mokey.

“We’ll have the coneflower and be back home in no time!” exclaimed Red as she took another step. This one however proved her theory about the cliff being sturdy as a rock wrong as it started to shake under her and gave way. Suddenly Red was falling.

“Red!” exclaimed Mokey. It was too late. Red had fallen onto the shores of the river below and was trapped by rocks that had fallen along with her.

Mokey was paralyzed with fear as she continued to shout out her best friend’s name hoping desperately that she would respond.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Gobo awoke with a start the next morning.

“Hey guys, wake up! We need to get going,” said Gobo.

“Is everything all right Gobo?” asked Wembley.

“No, I have this really bad feeling. We need to get going right away. I think Boober’s right. Mokey wouldn’t be at the theater and knowing my wife, she may have gone there but I don’t think she stayed there,” said Gobo.

“Where should we look next?” asked Boober.

“I don’t know, but I think I’ll have a better sense of it when we get back in the Rock,” said Gobo.

With that the trio cleaned up their bedding and hurried to thank Doc and Emily for their hospitality before returning to the Rock. If only Gobo knew just how serious his gut feeling was.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
New chapter! New chapter!

Aw, and it's a cliff-hanger too... Well, just don't make us wait that long again for the next bit.
Did you mean "mild-mannered"?
And the girls off following the map... Reminds of this girl Christy and a map they were following too...
And the star! Oh, the star!

Can you tell I like that there's a new chapter? *Hugs to you Beth... Now, gotta get movin' into the Rock and rescue those girls.
Come on guys... Red and Mokey need you!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yes I did mean mild mannered, thanks Ed, changed it in the chapter. :smile: I do hope to have more very soon, much sooner than last time! :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Hey, Beth! I've been trying to keep up with as many of the fan-fics as I can and even though I haven't really commented here, I like the story so far of what I have read. Still catching up.