Part of Me - A Fraggle Story

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Chapter Fourteen:

Gobo, Wembley and Boober finally arrived at the Cavern of the Buried. They paused before going in and then headed over to Sunny’s grave.

“Mokey’s not here!” exclaimed Gobo.

“No, but she was,” said Boober softly pointing off to a picture that Mokey had painted and left by the grave.

“Wow, that’s beautiful,” said Wembley. The picture was of Boober, Mokey and Sunny together.

“It really is,” said Boober softly.

Gobo had been feeling anxious and wanted to move on, but when he saw his friend’s reaction he softened toward him a little.

“Hey Boober? It’s ok,” said Gobo.

Boober bent down and took a moment for his own private grief and then stood up again.

“All right. Now where should we go?” asked Boober.

“Maybe we should check in at home, maybe Red found Mokey here and they went back there!” exclaimed Wembley.

“That is a thought. We were gone overnight, I suppose checking in would make sense,” said Gobo.

“I’m sure Lou would have made sure they stayed there,” said Wembley.

“All right, we’ll head back home and if they’re not there we’ll find another plan of action,” said Gobo.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Mokey was terrified as she scaled the cliff to get to the top. It felt much more dangerous this way. She tried not to look down even though she worried about her friend down below.

“Hang in there Red!” she called out without turning around.

“All right. Just hurry!” screamed back Red.

Finally Mokey made to the top. Now she had to go back through the difficult pathway that led them to this point. Her cloak snagged on one of the jagged rocks.

“Good thing my husband can mend things,” she said to herself as she kept going. Finally she reached the clearing and ran as fast as she could out of the cavern and back to the heart of Fraggle Rock.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Gobo, Wembley and Boober were moving pretty quickly back to Fraggle Rock as well. So quickly in fact, that when they came around the corner Gobo and Mokey crashed into each other.

“Mokey!” exclaimed Gobo.

“Gobo!” exclaimed Mokey.

“Where have you been?” asked Gobo at the same time that Mokey said, “We need help!”

“What is going on?” asked Wembley getting confused.

“It’s not important where I was right now, Red needs help!” exclaimed Mokey.

“What?” asked Gobo. Mokey explained the whole thing and Gobo took off at a dead run.

“Gobo! Wait! Let me show you the way!” yelled Mokey after him.

“Oh, right,” said Gobo slowing down.

The four of them made their way back to the dangerous cavern.

Gobo made his way to the cliff with ease; he had similar climbing skills to that of his wife from the exploring he had done in the past.

The others followed behind him as quickly as they could.

“Red! Can you hear me?” asked Gobo.

“Gobo! Yeah!” yelled Red.

“How are you doing?” asked Gobo.

“A little better, but I’m still trapped under this rock,” said Red.

“I’m coming down!” said Gobo. Then he turned to the others.

“I know this isn’t going to be easy, but we need to gather sticks, twigs, branches anything you can find to make some sort of ladder. I may be able to climb down, but getting her up here won’t be easy,” said Gobo.

“Hey! I’ve got twine! Lou packed twine!” said Wembley excitedly.

“Great, we can use that too,” said Gobo. The three ran off to see what they could do while Gobo scaled down the side of the cliff careful to avoid the spot that had given way when Red climbed down.

“Ok Red, I’m here,” said Gobo running to her side.

“Hey Gobo. I’m real sorry about everything,” said Red.

“Don’t worry. None of that matters now,” said Gobo.

“Well the good news is, I think the coneflowers worked! I don’t feel any pain anymore,” said Red.

“That’s great! Is there bad news?” asked Gobo.

She paused before giving her answer.

“I’m beginning to lose sensation in my leg,” said Red.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Sigh of relief... They made it. Good. And if a broken leg's all Red's worried about... Really hoping there won't be a worse curveball thrown our way soon, at least while Red's still down there by the stream and the coneflowers...

Please post more soon, we need a little story.
And I liked the family picture Mokey painted.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
REEEEEEED!!! Get her out of there Gobo!! NOW!!

And the scene at Sunny's grave was marvelous too.

Go Fraggles go!! :excited:

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
Wow! :excited: This is getting more intense by the chapter. I liked the part with the picture of Mokey and Boober with the baby, as well as the part when Gobo was looking at the stars. ^_^ Such beautiful thoughts to imagine from those two scenes.

Anyways, keep up the good work. :smile:

- Morgan "Clueless" Goat

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
A small disclaimer, this chapter gets very intense, ends on a cliffhanger and is overall not very uplifting. Grab your teddy bears. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Chapter Fifteen:

“Well of course, your leg is trapped under a rock so that makes sense,” said Gobo.

“Oh yeah, I haven’t been able to feel anything in that leg for a long time. I meant my other leg,” said Red.

“Oh…” breathed Gobo. He was beginning to realize his wife might have fallen harder than either of them had thought. But, he also realized that he needed to keep her calm.

“I’m sure it’s nothing, I’m just glad the baby is going to be ok. I felt it move today,” said Red.

“Really? That’s great!” exclaimed Gobo.

“Gobo! We’re back, we’ve got supplies!” yelled Wembley from up above.

“Great!” yelled back Gobo. Now he was faced with the difficult task of getting the rock off of Red and then attempting to get her up the cliff. He made a face.

“Gobo? What’s wrong? Don’t tell me you don’t have a plan, I’m beginning to lose patience here,” said Red in an irritated tone.

“No, no I’ve got a plan. I think,” said Gobo nervously. He walked around sizing up the situation.

“Hey guys? I need you to come down here!” shouted Gobo.

“What? No way, there is no way I’m going down that cliff. I have my wife and son to think about,” said Wembley.

“Yeah, I’ve got my wife and kid to think about too Wembley. So could you stop wembling and please just get down here?” said Gobo a little angrily.

Boober looked back at Mokey.

“I’ll stay up here, you go down and help Gobo,” said Mokey. There was peace between the two of them even if they hadn’t had much of a chance to talk yet. It was as if each of them had a burden lifted and now could be together again.

In fact, Boober went over and gave Mokey a peck on the cheek.

"I missed you," she whispered in response.

"Me too" he said. Then he walked over to Wembley.

Wembley and Boober slowly helped each other down the cliff and ran over to Gobo.

“What do you want us to do?” asked Boober.

“All right, I’m going to put this big stick under the rock and I need you guys to push on it,” said Gobo.

“You know this rock is filthy, probably full of germs,” Boober began to say but seeing Gobo’s expression he continued “but hey, I can wash up when we get back home, it will be great fun.”

“All right, are you ready Red?” asked Gobo.

“Sure am,” said Red.

“On three, one, two, three!” said Gobo. He pushed with the stick while Wembley and Boober pushed on the rock and it moved enough so Gobo could pull Red out from underneath.

“Finally free!” exclaimed Red. But, their troubles were not over yet.

“I still can’t feel anything,” said Red.

“All right, we’ve got to get you to the caregiver and fast,” said Gobo.

“Gobo! Use this!” called Mokey as she threw down her cloak. They placed Red on top of it so they could carry her as if it was a stretcher. Then Gobo set to work with the other supplies gathered to try and make a ladder. With Wembley’s twine and the sticks that Mokey and Boober gathered they managed to make something that would at least make getting up the cliff a little easier.

“Ok, Wembley, you go first. Boober you take the front end of Red’s stretcher and I’ll take the back,” said Gobo. No one argued with him this time.

Mokey sat nervously at the top awaiting their arrival. She had wrapped a shawl around herself so she wouldn’t be cold.

Everything was going pretty smoothly until suddenly Boober lost his grip and Red started to slide back down the cliff.

“No!” yelled Boober. Fortunately Red was able to grab onto a pointy part of the cliff and held on for dear life. Gobo stepped off the ladder and slowly worked his way over to her.

“All right. Plan B. Climb on my back,” said Gobo.

“Gobo, are you crazy?” asked Red.

“Please, just trust me!” said Gobo. Red put one hand on Gobo’s shoulder and then the other.

“Ok, I’m holding on real tight,” said Red. She hated feeling so helpless.

“Here we go,” said Gobo and climbed up the side of the cliff, back over to the ladder and finally up to the top. Boober had already made it up to the top when he saw how Gobo planned to transport Red.

Gobo gently placed Red on the ground and all five Fraggles collapsed around her in an exhausting hug. They had made it.

Gobo stood up. “All right, let’s go get her back to Fraggle Rock!” he exclaimed.

The trek back to the heart of Fraggle Rock was slow going. Gobo took turns with Wembley and Boober carrying Red, but even with that the process was difficult. Gobo also didn’t want to admit it, but it was quite apparent now that she was withchild, she was much heavier than he remembered.

The Caregiver met them at the door of her cave.

“It’s not the Fraglet is it?” asked the Caregiver fearing she would have the same situation that she’d had with Mokey.

“No, it’s not. I had a fall and I can’t feel my legs,” said Red.

“Oh dear,” said the Caregiver and hurried her in to be examined.

Gobo waited outside with Boober and Mokey. Wembley ran home to see Lou and Artie and bring Lou up to date on what had happened.

After a short while the Caregiver came out.

“Well?” asked Gobo.

“The good news is that your Fraglet is still perfectly healthy and I have no doubts it will make it to term,” said the Caregiver.

“There’s bad news too?” asked Mokey.

“There’s no easy way to say this,” said the Caregiver.

“Out with it, please,” said Gobo starting to shake a little.

“Red may never walk again,” said the Caregiver.

Please stay tuned, I promise it will end happily, and the ending is coming soon

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... We'll hold you to that. Though there might be someone in your room that'd have a bit of a fit if she reads what's happening to her. Then again, it's no worse than what Sara's subjected her main roomie to...

It's rully good, and I'm glad to have a continuation of the cliffhanger sense. You said the chapter where Mokey lost Sunny would be the only heartwrenching/traumatic/perilous chapter... Glad that's been proven untrue.

The rescue's over and Red's at the Caregiver Fraggle's cave... Hoping for more as soon as you can get it posted.

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
A small disclaimer, this chapter gets very intense, ends on a cliffhanger and is overall not very uplifting. Grab your teddy bears. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Uhh... *runs off and then returns seconds later with Boober plushie*

“There’s bad news too?” asked Mokey.

“There’s no easy way to say this,” said the Caregiver.

“Out with it, please,” said Gobo starting to shake a little.

“Red may never walk again,” said the Caregiver.
*squeezes Boober plushie very tightly* Out of all the scenes in this story, this has to be the most intense of them. :eek:

Please stay tuned, I promise it will end happily, and the ending is coming soon
Hearing this makes things sound all the more happier already. :smile: I know you'll never make anything depressing. You don't look the type (no offense), and I'm sure you won't break it. (On the other hand, I have a tendency to make rather depressing parts in my 'fics.)

Looking forward to the next chapter,

Morgan "Clueless" Goat

christyb

Reaction score
Beth...this is great *sniff* and you better end this happily as promised :wink:. Now where did my teddy get too I think I might need it.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!

Whoa...de ja vu...:stick_out_tongue:

Oh please let Red be ok, please, please, please!! *grabs newly acquired dark blue teddy*

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!-

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Chapter Sixteen:

“Does she know?” asked Gobo after the Caregiver gave them the unpleasant news.

“Not yet. I think you should be there when I tell her,” said the Caregiver.

“Now wait a minute. Aren’t you going to do anything for her?” asked Mokey.

“Well, there’s something I can do that might be kind of dangerous. I’d have to make her go to sleep with medicine and then cut open her back,” said the Caregiver.

“The Silly Creatures have told us about this. It’s called Surgery in Outer Space. It saves lives,” said Gobo.

“Yes, but it’s dangerous for Red because of the Fraglet. We can do what you call ‘surgery’ or we can wait and see what nature does,” said the Caregiver.

“I want Red to make that decision,” said Gobo. Mokey nodded her head in agreement.

“All right, let’s go see her then,” said the Caregiver.

Gobo swallowed hard as they approached Red in the bed the Caregiver had placed her in.

“Hi,” said Gobo.

“You don’t have to tell me, I already know,” said Red.

“How do you know?” asked Gobo.

“It’s just one of those things I could sense. So, what do we do now?” asked Red.

“Well, I’ll let the Caregiver explain it, but she wants to do something that the Silly Creatures have called surgery,” said Gobo.

The Caregiver explained exactly what she would do and what the risks were.

“I want to do it,” said Red.

“Are you sure?” asked Gobo.

“Yes. I know what you’re thinking, I’m risking the life of this baby Fraggle we wanted so badly, but Gobo, I couldn’t live with myself if I could never run again, never swim again. I need to do those things too,” said Red almost in tears.

“I wasn’t even going to second guess it. This fraglet is part of us and will be no matter what. But you wouldn’t be the same if you couldn’t walk and I understand that,” said Gobo.

So it was decided that surgery would be done the following morning. Mokey and Boober went to tell Wembley and Lou what was going on and they all promised to wait with Gobo.

In fact, most of Fraggle Rock was camped outside the Caregiver’s cave the next morning as word had traveled fast.

Cantus and the minstrels showed up and just played very softly to help everyone relax.

Uncle Matt sat on one side of Gobo and Mokey sat on the other. Wembley and Boober paced back and forth and took turns holding Artie while Lou went around seeing if anyone needed water or some doozer sticks.

“It seems like it’s taking such a long time,” said Gobo. Mokey squeezed his hand. Uncle Matt kept wringing his hat in his hands.

Suddenly Gobo heard a familiar whisper in the air, “Magic….”

“Hey, did anyone hear that?” said Gobo.

“Hear what?” said Boober handing Artie back to Wembley.

“I must be crazy,” said Gobo.

Then the voice came again, “Magic…”

“I heard it too!” exclaimed Mokey.

“Me too!” said Wembley.

“Magic, magic be with you each morning, each evening too. For the magic, magic is in every person, even in you,” sang the Minstrels lightly.

“I think everything is going to be ok!” exclaimed Gobo.

At that moment the Caregiver burst out of the cave.

“She’s all right! The fraglet’s all right too!” said the Caregiver.

“Will she walk?” asked Gobo running up to her.

“In a few days yes. But she’s already got the feeling back in her legs so she’ll make a grand recovery,” said the Caregiver.

“Hurray!” exclaimed Mokey.

“Hip Hip Hooray, let’s dance and sing all day, she’ll be ok and walk one day and we’re just glad to say, Hip Hip Hooray!” sang the other Fraggles.

“You can go see her now, but she is tired,” said the Caregiver. Gobo rushed passed her and ran to his wife’s side.

“It’s going to be ok!” said Gobo.

“Yeah. It’s the magic,” said Red faintly.

“It sure is,” said Gobo.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A couple of months later the entire population of Fraggle Rock was camped outside of the Caregiver’s cave again, but this time for a much happier occasion.

Artie was walking now and wearing his parents out as he got into everything around him. This of course was a source of great concern to his ever-wembling father.

“Artie! No, you can’t eat the Doozers! You eat the doozer sticks!” exclaimed Wembley. Lou just chuckled.

Mokey and Boober were nestled together. They were almost more in love than they ever had been after all they had been through. They still weren’t ready for another Fraglet, but for now, that was just fine. It would happen again when the time was right.

Every so often noises were coming from the Caregiver’s cave that only could be from that of an exhausted soon to be mother.

“Oh yes, I remember that part quite well,” said Lou.

“I don’t, but that’s why I wasn’t there!” chuckled Wembley.

Every time another scream was heard Uncle Matt jumped about 10 feet.

“It’s ok Uncle Matt, this is what’s supposed to happen,” said Mokey.

“I know, it just seems so brutal,” said Uncle Matt.

Inside the cave Gobo was standing by his wife’s side supporting her as best as he could. At long last she fell back against him in exhaustion and they heard their baby cry for the first time.

“You did great Red,” said the Caregiver.

“You really did,” said Gobo.

“There’s quite a few Fraggles who’d like to know what’s going on out there, so perhaps you should go tell them,” said the Caregiver.

“I know how to work up a crowd don’t I?” laughed Red.

Gobo took their baby in his arms and stepped outside. Everyone looked up in anticipation.

“Everyone! We have a little girl,” said Gobo and held up a pinkish colored Fraglet with the same fiery red hair as her mother.

All the Fraggles oohed and ahhed at the little baby. Gobo then beckoned his closest friends to come in to see Red.

“Red, she’s just beautiful,” said Mokey

“Thanks,” said Red.

“How are you feeling?” asked Lou.

“Tired, but fine,” said Red.

“So what’s her name?” asked Wembley as he struggled to keep Artie from climbing up on the bed.

“You want to tell them?” asked Red to Gobo.

“Sure. Her name is Harmony Sunshine. We’ll call her Harmony, but we added Sunshine in honor of Sunny,” said Gobo.

“That’s so beautiful,” said Mokey.

“We felt that a baby is something that is part of each of us and when we’re together we experience true harmony, so that’s how we came up with it,” said Red.

“So do you feel complete now?” asked Boober.

Gobo smiled at Red.

“Yes. Nothing in the world could make me happier. Harmony is part of me, but she’s also part of all of us,” said Gobo.

With that all six Fraggles plus Artie and Harmony gathered in for a group hug.

Mokey summed it up best with her poetic nature when they broke free of the embrace.

“Friends are part of the same heart,” said Mokey.

“And you guys are the best friends in the entire world,” said Gobo.

“Whoopie!” exclaimed Red.

At that moment Harmony gave a little squeal. The Fraggles laughed.

They knew they had challenges ahead of them as they raised their Fraglets to be Fraggles, but they knew they would be just fine as long as they had each other.

There will probably be an epilogue soon, but otherwise, this is the end!