Part of Me - A Fraggle Story

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... This one's a sequel or continuation story Bry. Try finding the story titled "Love's Longest Journey" to get the part of the story that proceeds this one, and explains a bit about the Fraggle relationships in Beth's fics.

christyb

Reaction score
Update!! Oh yeah and did I ever tell you how much I liked the first one Beth? I can't remember. (Not that I can remember anything with it being Finals week) If I didn't or did you get it again anyway. The first is fabulous! And frankly I was soooooo honored you used Amy. (Trust me you can ask my little sister who I was babysitting when I was reading it. I was squealing.) This is faboulous both parts...I have one problem with the current fic...I wanna know what happens now! :wink:

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
christyb said:
Update!! Oh yeah and did I ever tell you how much I liked the first one Beth? I can't remember. (Not that I can remember anything with it being Finals week) If I didn't or did you get it again anyway. The first is fabulous! And frankly I was soooooo honored you used Amy. (Trust me you can ask my little sister who I was babysitting when I was reading it. I was squealing.) This is faboulous both parts...I have one problem with the current fic...I wanna know what happens now! :wink:
Good luck Christy!:wink: Another great chapter!!! Loved it!:excited:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Chapter Thirteen

Gobo started to almost run when the trio made their way back into the rock.

“Gobo! Slow down!” yelled Wembley.

“No, I can’t, I just have this feeling that Red and Mokey are in trouble somewhere!” exclaimed Gobo. He just couldn’t explain it but he just knew something was wrong.

“Well, intuition is a fine thing, but tell me something Gobo, where exactly are we going?” said Boober running in front of Gobo forcing him to stop.

Gobo paused when he realized his friend was right.

“I don’t know,” said Gobo.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Red!” called Mokey again but Red was still not responding. Mokey had never been so terrified in her life, not even when she lost Sunny.

She knew she had to make her way down the rest of the cliff to first see if Red was all right and then she’d have to face a tough decision from there as to whether or not she could go for help.

“Oh Red, you’re the climbing expert, I need you!” exclaimed Mokey as she struggled to make her way down the cliff. She could only take one step at a time and was very cautious so she wouldn’t suffer the same fate as her friend.

Meanwhile down where she had landed, Red began to wake up. She struggled to open her eyes and noticed darkness surrounding her. She also felt somewhat trapped. Mostly, she felt disoriented. Where was she? She knew she wasn’t at home, she had run again. But this time it was not in anger it was something else. A mission of some sort.

She struggled to sit up and found her body wracked with pain. She wanted to stand up, but that was even more challenging. Where was Gobo? Why was she alone?

“Red! I’m coming! Can you hear me?” called out Mokey.

Red recognized her friend’s voice and suddenly everything came flooding back to her. She had fallen and now was trapped by rocks. Panic and fear overtook her as she remembered her baby.

“I hope you’re all right in there,” she thought to herself. Then she attempted to yell to Mokey that she was there, and she needed help.

“Mokey! I’m down here, there’s a couple of rocks trapped on top of me,” croaked Red.

“Ok, hang on, I’m on my way down!” yelled Mokey.

Red’s leg was the only thing really pinned down by the rock at this point, but there was other pain that she was experiencing that she couldn’t explain. She took a deep breath and silently hoped Mokey would hurry.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Ok, let’s think for a minute. We’re supposed to follow our hearts like Mokey would,” said Gobo.

“I think I know where she is,” said Boober.

“Where?” asked Gobo.

“With our daughter,” said Boober softly.

“Oh…” said Gobo in an almost hushed tone.

"We should go there," said Boober

“Are you sure that would be ok?” asked Gobo.

“Yeah, I need to go there, it would be good for me,” said Boober.

“Well, what are we waiting for, let’s go,” said Wembley. With that the three of them headed in the direction of the Cavern where Fraggles buried the deceased.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Finally Mokey could tell there was only one more step until she reached the ground. She practically leapt off the cliff and ran to where Red was trapped by the rock.

She pushed as many of the other rocks out of the way as she could and finally reached her friend.

“Are you ok?” asked Mokey kneeling beside Red.

“This rock is stuck on my leg, I’m sure my leg is broken. Other than that I’m fine,” said Red grimacing slightly.

“Are you sure it’s just your leg?” asked Mokey.

Red hesitated as she didn’t want to worry her friend or bring back bad memories, but she decided she’d better tell her.

“Um, I’m feeling some strange pains and I think I’m bleeding,” said Red slowly.

“No! No, this is all my fault!” cried Mokey.

“No it’s not. You suggested it and I said we should come. You told me to go home and I said no. It’s my own dumb fault,” said Red.

“No it’s not your fault either. It was just a mistake. Now what do we do?” asked Mokey.

“We hope that this coneflower thing really works and then you go get me some help,” said Red pointing at the abundance of coneflowers growing around them.

Mokey plucked a few and handed them to Red who ate them slowly. Then she looked up toward the cliff.

“I know you can do it Mokey. You have to,” said Red.

“Are you sure you’ll be all right?” asked Mokey.

“I’m not sure, but we don’t have a choice,” said Red.

So Mokey started the slow climb to the top, hoping she’d make it safely and hoping that her friend was not going to have the same experience that she had not terribly long ago.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
christyb said:
I'm so glad you liked the other one too Christy! I kept thinking of your story quite a bit when I was writing it, so I'm glad you liked it as well as this one. Hang on for a bit more of a bumpy ride!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Me too Sara... And I hope Mokey can climb back up the cliff, and get the guys over at the Cavern of the Deceased.

Such powerful writing in this chapter Beth... Just hope... There's not another curveball, which I hate to mention what it might be.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*runs in panting* Beth...I...I just finished reading...And...Dios mio I'm exhausted...And I love it! It's sooooo amazing and such a great sequel to your first! And I'm soooo sorry it took me this long to catch up, but it's seriously amazing!! :excited:

Announcer guy: And tonight the part of Lisa "TogetherAgain" will be played by Ryan "theprawncracker"

MORE PLEASE!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Exhausted you say Ryan? You weren't following the car again were you?
Good to know you're onboard and you read through the first one... Rully a great story these two together.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, what an exciting set of updates! I love suspence! But I also love resolutions...
More please! As soon as you can, of course...