Pixar Dumps Disney

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
as if I wasn't mad enough at Eisner before...this is even more to hate him

and I'm positively happy to have more reason to dislike him!

Beebers

Reaction score
Don't worry. He's going away.

:big_grin: :big_grin:

Losing Pixar was a killer and is now the catalyst for Eisner's demise. Zee final nail in zee coffin, shall we say.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
*sighs* maybe I should have used the word hate....dislike

Beebers

Reaction score
Nah. Your choice of words was perfectly fine. Too big a deal is made of these things. It's just semantics, nobody cares. At least, nobody should.

:cool:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
dang...I care....

oh well....I knew I didn't have a life, this is just proof

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Would Pixar be able to Use any of the films they made or would DIZZY have to aprove for it?
Under the terms of their contract with Pixar, Disney will still control the films and distribute them (with appropriate profits to Pixar). Disney also has the right to make sequels to all of the films if Pixar declines to.

Erine81981 said:
How would ya'll respond if Pixar would do a CGI Muppet show or type of show or cartoon? Would ya'll think its cool?
That's an interesting idea but I don't think it will happen for a couple reasons. First, Pixar likes original characters. Second, Henson has it's own performance-based CG technology that ties in with the Performance Control System. It's pretty cool - they can puppeteer digital Muppets in real-time.

Erine81981

Reaction score
This question also reminds me of something (off-topic) that I was thinking of yesterday. I'd be interested to see a well-done Muppet Show comic book series... So many possibilities!

I think that would be cool. I wouldn't mind seeing a well drawn Muppet Show Comic Book. Now that would be awsome. Hope one day they'll bring Muppets to Comic Books sometime soon.

Beebers

Reaction score
A little extra hot water for Eisner: :big_grin:

As chairman of one of the three parent companies of A & E, which is the parent of The History Channel, Eisner along with underlings are about to come under investigation regarding a documentary which aired in November on The History Channel which accused the late Lyndon Johnson of being responsible for the assassination of President Kennedy. (Johnson was Kennedy's Vice-President.)

The investigation is commencing following separate letters of denouncement of the documentary to Disney from Johnson's widow, former President Jimmy Carter, and former President Gerald Ford, who is the only surviving member of the Warren Commission which originally investigated Kennedy's death.

Just another day for Michael Eisner.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dispise cheapquals, myself. But I have to admit, Lion King 2 proved they could do a worth while sequal (maily because they actually attempted to bring back as many people involved with the first one).

I really want to See The Timon and Puumba version, though. I think of all the things they've done with movies after the actual film they've really done a lot of great work for the Lion King. Especially Timon and Puumba the animated series.

But Stuff like Cinderella 2, Little Mermaid 2... that stuff's just garbage.