Pixar Dumps Disney

Whatever

Reaction score
I heard a rumor that Eisner is more interested in the Muppets since Pixar dumped Disney. KEEP EISNER AWAY FROM THE MUPPETS! :mad: :mad:

I feel better now. :cool:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd like to see them gang up on him, ala the opening of "The Muppets at Walt Disney World" :halo:

I've heard that Henson is in talks with Disney for a partnership (not ownership..they'd help them release projects) but it won't be final until Ol' Eisner sides is out of the picture...

Darnnit Eisner... just leave already! Don't make us send Bush! :eek:

Beebers

Reaction score
2/6/04 from the New York Post:

"Is Roy Disney about to get his wish - the end of Michael Eisner's reign?
Spies in the know say certain people, acting on behalf of several members of the Disney Board, have reached out to NBA Commissioner David Stern, a 'marketing genius', to see if Stern would take over if and when Eisner is ousted ."

:big_grin:

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Beebers said:
2/6/04 from the New York Post:

"Is Roy Disney about to get his wish - the end of Michael Eisner's reign?
Spies in the know say certain people, acting on behalf of several members of the Disney Board, have reached out to NBA Commissioner David Stern, a 'marketing genius', to see if Stern would take over if and when Eisner is ousted ."
That's interesting. David Stern IS a marketing genius and his turnaround of the NBA in the 1980s almost parallels that of Eisner at Disney. Plus, he's known as someone who can get deals done and rarely fails to get his way. My guess is that it's unlikely he'd want to leave the NBA after practically building the league into what it is now, but almost nothing surprises me anymore. Thanks for the rumor.

Beebers

Reaction score
Anytime. I'll post more Postposts as they come along, they're generally way ahead of the curve on these sorts of things.

:cool:

Beebers

Reaction score
2/8/04 from Variety:

Just a few days after breaking up with Steve Jobs, Disney is hooking up with his archrival Bill Gates.

Mouse House is signing a wide-ranging multiyear deal with Microsoft to use the software giant's digital media technology across all of its properties in an effort to expand efforts to make content available online and to portable devices.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
It is interesting. Usually, you hear about two companies making a joint statement, but Comcast is going all out...they even have a slide show on their web site!

We'll see if all this talk amounts to anything.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Fascinating turn of events. If Disney finds new ownership and management, I really hope that Pixar has another go with them in terms of trying to negotiate a new deal. I imagine that they would--they've had such a successful run together. Combine that with the recent comments Steve Jobs has made about the current management at Disney, and I would be willing to bet that they'd still be interested in a "new-and-improved" Disney.