1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Phillip, May 25, 2007.

1. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Yeah, cutting may not be needed for Animal, maybe just some fluffing and combing. Though I think Jamie would probably be good at trimming Animals hair. He's a genius.
  2. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

I am not sure from the way it looks, Animals hair/feathers are either too long or there is too many for his head.
  3. chequepoint

chequepoint New Member

I'd imagine it was spec'd out with the feathers sewn in a little thicker than you see on the real poser. If you've ever worked with a puppet that has a lot of ostrich feather accents, you will lose a few feathers. Some may even break, etc. Terry working on the fraggle set probably knew this and planned for it. Thankfully nobody has mentioned this possibility before the puppets were done, or MR would be making animal out of yarn to appease people scared that their $400 collectible would only last two years.

I also think due to the "natural" nature of feathers, we're going to see a LOT of variation amongst these posers.
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

:halo: Good point. I'll definitely wait on trimming as a last resort. I hope he won't even need that. I just keep thinking (for some reason) Animal's hair is going to be all shaggy like it looked on the actual puppet when he was a guest judge on that NBC talent show this summer. Now that needed to be trimmed. :eek:
  5. doc hopper

doc hopper Member

Dude, this is what I've been waiting to hear for a loooong time. I can't remember - if we ordered it directly from MR, will we get an email letting us know that it was shipped? I thought they did that for Kermit but my memory's shot.
  6. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

Good news guys, I did not get a tracking number by email, but there is a way to track it if you ordered it from MR site. Go to Fedex and at the top of the page it will say tracking...scroll down till you find "track by referance". Then under the referance box type in the "fullfillment ID" number that MR gave you in your account order information. then fill out the rest of the information at the bottom. Mine says that it will be at my house on Friday! I am so excited!
  7. doc hopper

doc hopper Member

wow! that's a big scoop!
  8. Garland

Garland New Member

Whoo Hoooo! This is actually sooner than I expected! Animal will soon be in the House!
  9. They are processing my order. :halo: I should receive my Animal by next week. Yay!
    I hope to see everyone's photos over the next few weeks!
  10. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO

My Animal will be arriving on Friday!
  11. I take it that MR sent some to the UK at the same time as they sent them to the US? I had to wait for my Kermit to go from China to the US and then to the UK, so it took months in all.
  12. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

My is coming from the collector zone and they get will get it to customers within 24 hrs! Look out for my pics on Friday night guys!:halo:
  13. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

i also ordered from collectors zone he should be with me tomorrow.
  14. I ordered mine from The Collectors Zone but the email they sent told me to allow 3-5 working days for delivery. It'd be nice to receive it sooner tho!
  15. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

I think you will have it by Sat
  16. MyMuppet

MyMuppet New Member

17. Telly

Telly Active Member

I think I'm just gonna sit on here and refresh the pages while I anxiously await pictures of Animal from you guys!
  18. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

HAHAHAHAHA! Mine will be with me at 3.30 friday afternoon, Ill post pics as soon as I can but Ill be at work when I get him so I may not open him until 2morrow
  19. I was more than pleased with the way Kermit looked. I really hope Animal doesn't disappoint. I think some interaction between Animal and The Frog should be in the photos. :) :halo:
  20. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

**** right.............do we start a new thread for pics or just carry this one on? I hope I am not dissapointed with his hair,thats my only worry