Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Seeing how Kermit hasn't sold through I get why Scooter might not be made.

According to Amy, Kermit sold quite well and is close to being almost sold out is what she said. you got to think that the edition size was 2500. That is a lot of frogs to get sold. Animal is only set to 1500....a 1000 less than Kermit. We will wait and see how well he will sell in the future. :halo:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
According to Amy, Kermit sold quite well and is close to being almost sold out is what she said. you got to think that the edition size was 2500. That is a lot of frogs to get sold. Animal is only set to 1500....a 1000 less than Kermit. We will wait and see how well he will sell in the future.
I thought Kermit had sold well too, but my sources in the collectibles market have informed me the Kermit poser was expected to sell-through (and do it a lot faster than he has thus far). Almost being sold out nearly a year after release is (reportedly) not the best sign. However, it's certainly not a particularly bad sign. :smile: I still say their Kermit is hands-down the best Muppet product to ever be produced!

I believe there was less interest than anticipated. Also, even though the SRP is justified for such a fantastic item, the expense put off some fans with whom I have spoken. If true for the frog, more true for the supporting Muppet players. :concern:

Hopefully the smaller edition numbers will help. Again, I am not an expert on this. Just what I have heard from parties outside of Master Replicas. I hope the line picks up momentum. So much momentum that we get all the characters a fan could want - and more! :wink:

As you've said - Animal really will be the indicator here. I still have yet to pre-order. I'm waiting to see the first real pictures. I find the promotional Animal photos on the MR site and in the adverts atrocious. They really should update that. I know he looks a million-times better and they should be showcasing that fact.

chequepoint

Reaction score
I'll throw this out there... Master Replicas ought to be ashamed of the photo representations of their products on their websites. Limited angles, poorly shot, and amazingly low resolution. THEN when you click to enlarge, you get a pop-up window of the image in exactly the same size. The only way to get a slightly larger image is through the slideshow function, which still doesn't do.

Their products depend on their details, accuracy, and looks, and all we get to base our orders off of are postage stamp sized 72dpi images with clearly some sort of re-touching (At least to add in the artificial backgrounds).

The silliest part of this, is when the fan photos come in, the products generally look stellar. They have nothing to hide, yet give the impression that they're hiding something.

Kermit hasn't sold through, but they're still using the less than stellar, microscopic photos of the prototype on their website. They give no indication of the beautiful packaging, the stand, etc.

It's 2007, you're selling toys that cost $400, pay someone to build you a nice photo gallery and learn how to upload decent resolution images.

I love you Master Replicas, and this is how I show it. :smile:

chequepoint

Reaction score
I know we're in the minority here, and everyone is entitled to like the characters they like, but I agree with you on this. I've never been a Piggy fan. She serves a purpose as a character in the group, but I find her self-indulgence, jealousy and ego more annoying than funny. The only reason I can stand her at all is because Frank Oz is such a genius that he can take a character like that and turn it funny (sometimes). I'd much rather have Rowlf or Scooter than Piggy.

It's interesting to hear that the Palisades toys of her didn't do well.

:stick_out_tongue:
I'm not privy to Palisades numbers regarding the pig, all I know is that as someone who actively collected the line from Brick and Mortar locations.. I know that even when series 1 was long gone, I was walking into stores finding Piggy as late as series 5. I still know of stores where you can find a Pigs in Space playset. It's also pretty apparent that she didn't sell well due to the fact that Palisades was prone to releasing multiples of Kermit and Fozzie, but never really did an alternate piggy after series 1 with the exception of Pigs in Space. I've also observed things like Bobbleheads where Kermit is quickly gone, and Piggys end up in the clearance bin.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Palisades' Piggy & MR's Photos

I actually pitched a "signature Piggy" for Palisades and kept getting the response that since the lack-luster series one Piggys didn't do well stores were reluctant to sign on and shelve a series containing her. The Swinetrek was expensive and missed the holiday season on store shelves - that could be responsible for hindering sales. That and the likeness still seemed off (brown hair and bored expression). But Piggy products have always sold fewer when pegged along side other Muppet characters. For some reason it's just how it goes. Palisades did have a Nurse Piggy, Nurse Janice and Dr Bob in the prototype stages so they did plan to release her again - likely as some sort of Con Exclusive.

I don't think MR should be "ashamed" of their site photos, but they also shouldn't be surprised about slow sales when their photos aren't very good. They should use Terry's final proto photos if you ask me. If I believed Animal actually looked like it does on their site I wouldn't pay ten bucks for it, much less 400. Good thing I know he's much more impressive. Must be a short-staffing issue.

Also, did they take away his collar and chain? Those items don't appear to be listed on their site anymore. :halo:

Davina

Reaction score
we, too, are waiting to see what Animal is really going to look like.. (and may wait a bit on Gonzo, too.. holding back judgement til we see what they came up with..)
Kermit, we ordered him the first chance we got after hearing the news.. heh
We're really hoping for the best with Gonzo though.. cuz we'll need him to go with Rizzo when he gets release.. :smile:
Fozzie is a definate buy, i really don't see how he can get "messed up" from Terry's prototype.. and we're definately hoping for the best for Piggy... it's been a bit of a family in joke to refer to me as Piggy, so we've got to have her...

Honestly, I want them all, each and every one.. though there's no chance I could afford the whole lot.. *sigh* We're very anxious to hear who will be coming next... I have my hopes that one day we'll see a Pepe (mostly for our own family jokes... the dog in my avatar was named after him.. and we'd love to have a picture of him trying to ride her or something...) but, whatever we can get, I'll do my best to be happy with.. it's always more then I had before.. :smile:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I agree with the official photos on the MR website being pretty poor. The Kermit replica doesn't look much like the one shown on the site, I believe it is a different version and not the final one released. I think the line would sell better if they used well photographed versions of the final replica, you know, the one that we will actually receive. I was more impressed with my Kermit than I was of the one advertising the replica line.
As far as the Scooter/Rizzo debate, I think MR need to decide who they are aiming this line of replicas at. Most people on here seem to think that Scooter is more popular when MR would rather produce a Rizzo in his place. If this line was being bought buy mainly non-die hard Muppet fans I would agree with them as Rizzo is a more recognised character but if real Muppet fans are buying more of these Scooter has been around so much longer and is more of an "original" Muppet than Rizzo.
I still think Rowlf, who is one of the oldest Muppets that is still also current, would be a great addition to the collection. I guess it all depends on who MR think will sell enough to make it worthwhile.

muppetguy

Reaction score
My opinion...

Ok, I am sure that MR has the best interest in mind for all muppet fans. It seems they want the older characters mixed with the newer characters. I feel the same way about Kermit. When I received my Kermit, I was SHOCKINGLY impressed by the packaging and when I opened it up, was the same then. The phto puppet in person looks way better than the pics on their site. As far as characetr wise, Personally, I think it should have gone, Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy and Gonzo, just because they've always been my favorites. I think for people to say not to produce Piggy because she didn't do well in Palisades is a bit unfair to all of us Piggy fans. I am a HUGE piggy fan, always wanted a "REAL" Piggy, and also was very dissapointed in the 1st version of piggy. Remeber, these puppets are the real deal. For everyone who wants a real piggy, or fozize, etc. will not be dissapointed in these collectibles. Toys are somewhat limited, these, are not. Toys are less than 10 bucks, these are way more expensive, details and original patterns are put into these beautiful peices of art. I think these four should be produced and sold above all other chatacters first. It s just my opinion.:smile: :mad:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Yes! animal will be here in a few weeks (i pre-ordered back in May) Gonzo MIGHT be on pre-order here. This just makes a Muppet fan happy! :smile:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Yes! animal will be here in a few weeks (i pre-ordered back in May) Gonzo MIGHT be on pre-order here. This just makes a Muppet fan happy! :smile:

Amy said that Gonzo WILL be going on pre-order in two weeks. They got the first good prototype in, and she said he looked great with his nose. Amy asked me if I was going to do a review on Animal when I get him, and I told her I would love to do a review. So when I get him guys, I will also have pictures up on my review.