Questions about anything

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
So its coming from the speakers? Did it just start or has it always done that?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's kind of always done that, but not regularly... today, however, I've just noticed that it clicks every ten minutes to the minute, which I find both interesting and odd at the same time.

But again, I think I might just chalk it up to something running in the background, because this thing is always running multiple programs or processes in the background at almost all times: mostly a lot of HP processes, but also things like TeaTimer and such.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, what just happened? Everything on TV has just been interrupted by some kind of hearing with Obama and the Turkish Prime Minister... did I miss something?

Misskermie

Reaction score
Well, not sure about this, but I think some embassador, (Not the Turkish one) asked for some extra protection from this Russian Terrorist, but he didn't get any, so he was killed. Not sure if this is the same... Thing, but... Hey, that happened.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
GAW!

WHY can't networks just LEAVE THEIR TV SHOWS ALONE?! I mean seriously, what's the purpose of continually cropping shows, recropping shows, squishing shows horizontally, squishing shows vertically, adding letter box bars, adding pillar box bars... if a show is in full screen, why can't they just leave it full screen, and if a show is in widescreen, then why can't they just leave it widescreen? It gets incredibly annoying when the show looks completely different every few months you watch it. Why don't we just go ahead and digitally colorize old black and white movies while we're at it, and add actual dialogue to silent movies as well?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Not all tvs auto format...so they are trying to find ways so that the picture looks good on all tvs...and in the process, making it worse. My local PBS seemed to have a different aspect ratio every day. One day it would be stretch out and blurry like it was zoomed in too much, one day it would be squashed vertically...

My tv auto fits SD channels so that they are not stretched out...or maybe its my satellite that does it...I dunno...either way, its really annoying when stations try to format their pictures themselves, and it ends up looking really bad