1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Questions about anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, May 8, 2012.

1. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Let's see...*looks in closet*

Guy shirt, guy shirt, guy shirt, guy shirt...nope. No women's clothes aside from my dress clothes.
    newsmanfan and AlittleMayhem like this.
  2. catherine

catherine Active Member

who's going to a halloween party and where?
  3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I think it's just stereotyped gender role stuff. Same reason people still poke fun at male nurses or female police officers.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  4. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-----------
    Was called a dyke for so long I tried it... *rimshot*

But seriously folks. Clothing should have nothing to do with gender or sex. I have a friend who looks hot as heck in women's blazers and skinny ties and jeans. A "fairy" (wings and all) in KMart one night made me smile.

Am reminded of the debate from Mr B Natural...Yes! Let's break down ALL the barriers!!
    ----------------
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, it does, unfortunately. I mean heck, right now, there's this stigma that men can't wear pink, otherwise they're "light in the loafers", if you know what I mean.

Similarly, the same can be said with vocabulary as well... again, there's certain words that men can't say ("fabulous" being one of the top ones) without having the "gay" stigma put on them.

And on THAT note, if you say certain words like, "split", "gnarley", or really any other such slang words, apparently, that gives people the impression that you're a stoner.
  6. Sgt Floyd

what to you mean by "split?" O_0
  7. D'Snowth

8. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

"Nathalie forgot that she already saw the movie last Saturday."
    Is the grammar correct?
  9. Sgt Floyd

O_0

My dad says that all the time...
  10. Ignatz

Ignatz Member

[spoilers] At the end of Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb what does Alexei de Sadeski do with his wristwatch? It happens after Gen. Turgidson's speech about how the Soviets would also protect there population at this de Sadeski walks away from the others and heads towards the door then looks at his wristwatch and then presses a button on it. It obviously must have some importance as it shows the watch in close-up. I thought it may have been either he contacts the Soviets to tell them the American's plans or that the wristwatch is a dettonation device the destroys the war room, but then would it go off immediately or would there be some delay? After it there is only one small segment of the film where Dr Strangelove gets out of the chair then it cuts to the atomic bombs going off with 'We Will Meet Again' playing in the background, this would suggest that the Americans do go underground when the doomsday machine goes off but could mean something else. [spoilers]
  11. newsmanfan

Yes. Not very elegant (now THERE'S an overused word lately) but correct. :attitude:

As to "Strangelove"...wow, haven't seen that in at least ten years, would have to go watch it again. Which I should anyway. :news:

Am I the only one who wishes people would use entire sentences and correct grammar on dating site posts? At least this helps weed out the idiots...
    -------------
  12. Zoot the Saxer

Zoot the Saxer Active Member

Hey, I've totally been there. People just judge, I guess, cuz they're close minded. It's a sick part of human nature, judging a book by it's cover, to use a cliché.

P.S. That video...gah, I feel so bad for those kids! D: People, just let the boy be a princess, okay, and the girl be Spiderman. :(
    AlittleMayhem likes this.
  13. D'Snowth

Did Marty Feldman intentionally change Igor's voice throughout Young Frankenstein? I know the shifting position of his hunchback was intentional on his part, but I've also wondered about his voice shifting from high and nasally to deep and monotone.
  14. D'Snowth

And what exactly is up with shows having a random word with a # sign in front of it plastered on the picture?
  15. Sgt Floyd

I think that's for twitter so you can type them messages
  16. newsmanfan

It's called a hashtag. If you type that in on Twitter you get a list of everyone who's used a tweet with that reference. Useful for gathering all commentary on a given show/celebrity/subject, though of course one must wade through a lot of, er, stuff.
    --------------
  17. D'Snowth

How stupid.
  18. Sgt Floyd

Obviously I don't use twitter, but I was close :p
  19. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

The Muppets twitter feed made fun about the whole hastag thing a few months ago.
  20. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Really? How?