Questions about anything

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You know... I think I'm sensing a conspiracy here, and perhaps heralde might can enlighten me since she seems to know a lot about double-standards (and I consider her something of a modern-day feminist, lol).
Um why thank you, lol.

I will say American society specifically is far too obsessed with the hair thing. I mean I shave my legs, but it shouldn't be such a big deal if women don't want to sometimes. As far as men, I actually do like a bit of hair on the chest, it does seem more natural.

Vincent L

Reaction score
I'll take it you're not from earth.

EDIT: ziffeled

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Um why thank you, lol.

I will say American society specifically is far too obsessed with the hair thing. I mean I shave my legs, but it shouldn't be such a big deal if women don't want to sometimes. As far as men, I actually do like a bit of hair on the chest, it does seem more natural.
So you don't see anything of a little hidden double-standard as far as the follical follies of the sexes go?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
So you don't see anything of a little hidden double-standard as far as the follical follies of the sexes go?
I think the double standard I tend to notice is that men can walk around without worrying about showing hair but if women do it there's something wrong with them. Even though other countries have different standards. But in America we tend to think the way we do things is the only way.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think the double standard I tend to notice is that men can walk around without worrying about showing hair but if women do it there's something wrong with them. Even though other countries have different standards. But in America we tend to think the way we do things is the only way.
That's kind of the vibe I'm sensing as to why some women these days are basically feeling they've had enough "oppression", and are going to just stop shaving anything all together... in fact, I'm pretty sure I read one woman's blog sometime back where she said something along the lines of, "Men don't have to shave their legs, so why should we?"

I'll tell you one double-standard that has been completely abolished, because even I can remember a time where if men shaved any body hair, it implied they were gay; now, it doesn't seem to matter one way or another.