Questions about anything

Vincent L

Reaction score
What exists beyond the universe? What exists before the big bang? Did the big bang actually happen?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
According to science, yes it did. According to most religion, no it did not.

Now, the simple answer to what is outside the universe is nothing. There is literally a point in the universe where it just stops. No stars, nothing. Just empty blackness. But the universe is constantly expanding.

Hubert

Reaction score
What exists beyond the universe? What exists before the big bang? Did the big bang actually happen?
Like Sarge said, science says it does, however most religious accounts (i.e. the Bible) gives much proof against it. When you think about it, it is hard to believe in a way. For example, after it would've happened, how were humans created? How was everything else created? It couldn't just have suddenly been there...

Now, the simple answer to what is outside the universe is nothing. There is literally a point in the universe where it just stops. No stars, nothing. Just empty blackness. But the universe is constantly expanding.
I'm not sure there's a place where it stops...I always assumed it just goes on forever and ever, in a kind of nonbelievable way.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yes, it just stops. However, that stopping point is always moving outward because of expansion

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Why are so sure it doesn't end? Astronomers have sent satellites that have confirmed there is in fact a point at which space ends. But It expands so rapidly, and space is already huge enough as it is, that it would be impossible for humans to reach to reach it. Stars give off light. Satellites are able to pick up on said light. Eventually, there is a point where no light is produced. Therefore, there are no stars to produce light. As far as we can tell, the black nothingness beyond the universe goes on forever.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Don't get into scientific conversations with me. You know I can't joke when it comes to science :stick_out_tongue: