1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Questions about anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, May 8, 2012.

1. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

According to my textbook, Autism is not considered a Learning Disabiliy
  2. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Hmm, 'tis a mystery...:search:
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Would Dyslexia be a learning disability?
  4. Sgt Floyd

Yes, Dyslexia falls under a Specific Learning Disability
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Heh, someone actually asked me not too long ago how is Steve able to read if he has dyslexia (as mentioned in one of my very first YT vids), to which, I danced around the question by simply saying it's a retcon. And anymore, it pretty much is, it just depends on what the situation calls for.

But I digress, dyslexia is one of those that apparently is cause for controversy, in that some feel it shouldn't be classified as an actual disability, even though it is.
  6. Sgt Floyd

People with Dyslexia can read with enough practice :/

One of my professors has dyslexia and if he didn't tell us he had it, I would never have guessed considering how much he writes on the board and reads out loud
    Fragglemuppet and heralde like this.
  7. D'Snowth

I think like with other things, such as allergies or something, perhaps dyslexia can either range from being mild to severe... for example, an old school friend of mine could read and write like your average joe, but admitted that occasionally, through his eyes, it looks as if certain letters in certain words flip-flip as he reads, so when you have a sentence like, "I have a pair of pears", it may end up looking like, "I have a piar of paers" to him.
  8. heralde

Exactly, there's a spectrum. It's not as simple as "they can't read."
  9. heralde

People just don't like the stigma of being called "disabled." It sounds negative. And I guess they would argue that if the world was more accommodating it wouldn't have to be a disability.
  10. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

I had a Spanish teacher in H.S. that had dyslexia-- she used to say she preferred Spanish because so much of it is phonetic compared to English.
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  11. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Pfft...I wish I could run into more people like that. Basically anyone that I know who has anything in the sort that we have been talking about tends to want to say that they are disabled and use it as some sort of excuse for everything.
  12. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Gotcha! So, what kind of things have you been doing?
  13. D'Snowth

I've got a question about the Seinfeld episode "The Barber":

What exactly was this job George was being interviewed about anyway? It isn't entirely clear to me, and I don't believe it's explicitly mentioned (not like knowing he was working for the Yankees, or Kruger Industrial Smooth), I mean what exactly was this company? And that Penske file? What was the file all about? What was he supposed to do? I'm just confused.
  14. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I thought the writers kept that deliberately vague and ambiguous so we would be in the same position as George, not having a clue what was going on.
  15. D'Snowth

Hmm. If that's the case, then mission accomplished.
  16. mo

mo Well-Known Member

Why do I chew my hair?
    Why am I addicted to mints?
    Why do all my friends automatically blame me when something bad happens?
    I'm tired good night!
  17. D'Snowth

1. Um... eww? I don't know. :smirk:
    2. Some mints are good. I like Junior Mints myself, or those little ones that come out around Christmastime, they're shaped like chocolate chips, and have those tiny little bead-like sprinkles on the bottom.
    3. Friends suck.
    4. Don't let the bed bugs back.
    mo and galagr like this.
  18. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

1. Erm...nerves, maybe?
    2. I don't know. I can't personally stand them (except for toothpaste)
    3. *hug*
    4. Sleep tight!
  19. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Why is it that I always check threads so fast that every time I check a thread on here for a new response that I see, I get the alert after I'm done checking it? :grr:
  20. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Maybe because I post way too fast?